Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-25, 16:44

Folks,

Last night, it was Jalal once again who made me giggle uncontrollably, something that happens almost daily these days with Jodha Akbar.

Tafteesh ki jaay!: Yesternight, I realised I was wrong when I said that Jalal had reached his conversational nadir when he told Jodha that he was organising the Meena Bazaar so that he could spend more time with her, a more peculiar and meaningless comment than which, given that he is perennially popping into her rooms unannounced, could hardly be imagined.

He did one better last night after listening to Todar Mal give instructions that the pagdi (it had been downgraded from taj to pagdi, for reasons unknown! ) should be examined for poison. What does Shahenshah Jalaluddin Muhammed Akbar say then?

Tafteesh ki jaay  ki  yeh kisne kiya, kyon aur kisliye!

It was unclear whom he was addressing; not Atgah, for I did not hear the standard Hukum  ki tameel hogi, huzoor, but it was a most inane order. And not just because kyon and kisliye are the same thing, and the answer too both was blindingly clear: To assassinate you, stupid!

What on earth does Jalal mean by barking out such an order into the air? How on earth is it going to be obeyed and results produced, especially if no sakhti  is going to be used on anyone without pukta saboot? Does he think the guilty party will  put his/her name up on a notice board in a palace quadrangle?

It was the ruddy limit. And the way Motibai talked to Todar Mal, a minister of the sultanat, was so impertinent that it passed all  bounds.

And the winner is!: As for  the choice of the winner, I was glad it was not Jodha, for the reasons I had set out in my last post. Salima's choice of gift was unremarkable in that there was no fresh idea behind it, but it was clearly the one that best met Jalal's initial condition, that it should relate to the reason for his getting his new title, Akbar.

It was noteworthy for all her earlier stated desire that her gift should not be khaas  and that Jodha should win this contest, Salima was delighted at her own victory. She was showing all her batteesi like a Colgate ad, and it was the same at the actual presentation ceremony in the Diwan-e-Khas. And her eyes gleam with unalloyed pleasure  and pride.

I have often wondered how much of Salima’s  admiration and affection for Jodha would survive if she were to fall for Jalal herself. Very little, I would imagine. The even more interesting question is of how much of Jodha’s affection for Salima would survive!

One thing I liked was Jodha's patent disappointment at losing in the pratispardha. She was not consoled even by Jalal's gushing comment that the pagdi with the ill-placed and mingy morpankh (it was not inserted deep enough, so the whole stem stuck out) was the best gift he had received in all his life.

She seemed quite grumpy when she was walking with him later,  and the moonlight that delighted him did not seem to touch her at all,  so badly did her loss rankle! It was only after Jalal produced his boilerplate pronouncement that she was the closest to his now officially registered dil  that she recovered and was able to smile again.

I bet that if Ruqaiya had been the winner, Jalal would have had to run for cover! hpee 

I liked Jodha being grumpy about her loss; it makes her seem human, and not mahaan. 

Kabul shenanigans: The goings on in Kabul were chillingly realistic, and Ghani Khan's head with the watermelon reminded me of the scene in Cleopatra when Ptolemy's head is displayed to Caesar by the young Pharaoh. Caesar is furious at this indignity inflicted on a fellow Roman general, and his son-in-law at that. 

That Faazil Beg, with his white, blind eyes, is scary. It is a tribute to Nemesis, the Greek goddess of retribution, that even such a ruthlessly loyal henchman was murdered on Mahachuchak's orders, I wonder for what failing.

It reminded me of Voldemort having Severus Snape murdered (in Harry Potter; though he never found out that Snape had been a very successful double agent in his camp for ages) and even more so of the case of Thomas Cromwell, an infamous   minister of the English Crown under Henry VIII, whom that monarch used for doing all his dirty work, and then had him executed on a trumped up charge when he  was no longer useful. 

Bete ka janaza : The scene preceding that of the  murder of Ghani Khan, the one with Munim Khan and Rahim,was obviously  there to heighten the tragedy of what followed. It was beautifully written and enacted. The shock of his much loved son's death would be a terrible one for Munim Khan. As they say, Jaante ho duniya ka sabse bada bojh kya hota hai? Baap ke kandhe par bete ka janaza. Maybe that was why, in his raging desire for revenge, he lost sight  of prudence, rushed to Kabul without enough back up, and lost the battle for the city. I wonder if he survived or was killed by Mahachuchak.

Todar Mal triumphs: And yes, as an official member of the Todar Mal Club, I was delighted to see him in such fine fettle yesterday. After saving Jalal's life for the second time (the first was  at Mathura), he set out all the key points and conclusions with unruffled calm, clarity and impeccable logic. 

Let us see how soon he starts zeroing in on Shehnaaz, leading directly to the false accusation against him.

Shyamala/Aunty

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-07-03, 17:37; edited 6 times in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Post by lashy on 2014-06-25, 17:14

sashashyam wrote:Folks,

Last night, it was Jalal once again who made me giggle uncontrollably, something that happens almost daily these days with Jodha Akbar.
 hppy 

Tafteesh ki jaay!: Yesternight, I realised I was wrong when I said that Jalal had reached his conversational nadir when he told Jodha that he was organising the Meena Bazaar so that he could spend more time with her, a more peculiar and meaningless comment than which, given that he is perennially popping into her rooms unannounced, could hardly be imagined.

He did one better last night after listening to Todar Mal give instructions that the pagdi (it had been downgraded from taj to pagdi, for reasons unknown! ) should be examined for poison. What does Shahenshah Jalaluddin Muhammed Akbar say then?
So true! 

It was unclear whom he was addressing; not Atgah, for I did not hear the standard Hukum  ki tameel hogi, huzoor, but it was a most inane order. And not just because kyon and kisliye are the same thing, and the answer too both was blindingly clear: To assassinate you, stupid!
 hppy 
What on earth does Jalal mean by barking out such an order into the air? How on earth is it going to be obeyed and results produced, especially if no sakhti  is going to be used on anyone without pukta saboot? Does he think the guilty party will  put his/her name up on a notice board in a palace quadrangle?

Jalal  
No what's happened to you? 

It was the ruddy limit. And the way Motibai talked to Todar Mal, a minister of the sultanat, was so impertinent that it passed all  bounds.
Mothi treats Shehenshah like her jeejaji.. fir TM tho sirf uski daas hai na.. 

And the winner is!: As for  the choice of the winner, I was glad it was not Jodha, for the reasons I had set out in my last post. Salima's choice of gift was unremarkable in that there was no fresh idea behind it, but it was clearly the one that best met Jalal's initial condition, that it should relate to the reason for his getting his new title, Akbar.
I loved the fact that SB won too! Her gift felt the most apt.. luv 

One thing I liked was Jodha's patent disappointment at losing in the pratispardha. She was not consoled even by Jalal's gushing comment that the pagdi with the ill-placed and mingy morpankh (it was not inserted deep enough, so the whole stem stuck out) was the best gift he had received in all his life.

She seemed quite grumpy when she was walking with him later,  and the moonlight that delighted him did not seem to touch her at all,  so badly did her loss rankle! It was only after Jalal produced his boilerplate pronouncement that she was the closest to his now officially registered dil  that she recovered and was able to smile again.

I bet that if Ruqaiya had been the winner, Jalal would have had to run for cover! hpee 
True that  ROFL 
 I liked Jodha being grumpy about her loss; it makes her seem human, and not mahaan. 

I skip all MC scenes because that part has ceased making sense to me.. I just stick to MA's plots as long as they last...

But aunty, did you say that guy with white eyes was murdered too?  confused 
Kabul shenanigans: The goings on in Kabul were chillingly realistic, and Ghani Khan's head with the watermelon reminded me of the scene in Cleopatra when Ptolemy's head is displayed to Caesar by the young Pharaoh. Caesar is furious at this indignity inflicted on a fellow Roman general, and his son-in-law at that. 

That Faazil Beg, with his white, blind eyes, is scary. It is a tribute to Nemesis, the Greek goddess of retribution, that even such a ruthlessly loyal henchman was murdered on Mahachuchak's orders, I wonder for what failing.

It reminded me of Voldemort having Severus Snape murdered (in Harry Potter; though he never found out that Snape had been a very successful double agent in his camp for ages) and even more so of the case of Thomas Cromwell, an infamous   minister of the English Crown under Henry VIII, whom that monarch used for doing all his dirty work, and then had him executed on a trumped up charge when he  was no longer useful. 

Bete ka janaza : The scene preceding that of the  murder of Ghani Khan, the one with Munim Khan and Rahim,was obviously  there to heighten the tragedy of what followed. It was beautifully written and enacted. The shock of his much loved son's death would be a terrible one for Munim Khan. As they say, Jaante ho duniya ka sabse bada bojh kya hota hai? Baap ke kandhe par bete ka janaza. Maybe that was why, in his raging desire for revenge, he lost sight  of prudence, rushed to Kabul without enough back up, and lost the battle for the city. I wonder if he survived or was killed by Mahachuchak.

Todar Mal triumphs: And yes, as an official member of the Todar Mal Club, I was delighted to see him in such fine fettle yesterday. After saving Jalal's life for the second time (the first was  at Mathura), he set out all the key points and conclusions with unruffled calm, clarity and impeccable logic. 
TM the only sane person left in this show.. they might as well rename the show .. but then again, I forgot how he only gets his dialogues every now and again..  Rolling Eyes 
Let us see how soon he starts zeroing in on Shehnaaz, leading directly to the false accusation against him.
Thanks aunty ...lovely analysis as usual..  hug1 
Shyamala/Aunty

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Post by varshaakulkarni on 2014-06-25, 18:03

Aunty ........ ..... awesome take .... btw I have stopped watching the show long back .... so do not have much idea of whats going on , but yes I do get the gist otherwise .... & have been restricting myself in the IF to FF's & SS ... that is giving me some peace ...rather than trying to search for some tiny winy logic in the current show ........

But, on monday while browsing the channels ... just stopped myself to watch the JA show .... saw mahchuchak for the first time, she looked somewhat like a long lost sister of shaguni bai , i thought  ....... her acting is okay , very thanda, not that impressive  !! 

I loved this statement of yours aunty .... 
What on earth does Jalal mean by barking out such an order into the air? How on earth is it going to be obeyed and results produced, especially if no sakhti  is going to be used on anyone without pukta saboot? Does he think the guilty party will  put his/her name up on a notice board in a palace quadrangle? 
good lord .... I was completely  ROFL  on floor .....  

And the winner for meena bazaar was somebody else other than jodha begum .... thank the cv's .... jalal chose salima to save himself from getting sandwiched btw his two nakchaddi begums  ..... our Akbar used his own brain aunty  .... without taking his jodha begum's so called naseeyat   !!! 
Also we are getting some normalised version of jodha rather than a mahaan devi ....

But aunty .. I am still unable to figure out shehnaaz's track .... how can she be given the takht that she claims her late father has reserved for her ....?? isnt the first male child supposed to rule the kingdom after his father's death ...??? 

how come humayun has some redeemable farmaan reserved for his one daughter out of soo many daughter's ...??  wouldnt mahchuchak do tandav in this case ....?? cause even she has two daughters ... she wouldnt have sat quiet , she would have done zameen aasman ek to find that farmaan ....  why mahchuchak even hamida would do tandav for her daughter bakshi banu's sake  .... this track is completely insane ....   i cannot understand whats happening ....

And the next thing which shocks me is ... how come jalal is so normal with rukaiyya even after her FP khulasa ..... ??? it's like nothing has ever happened & everything is perfectly fine btw them .... dont u think jalal is being partial with rukaiyya here .... where as jodha had to go under so many public humiliations from past 1 year .... even if she was not part of any saazish , rather was been made as the target for every saazish of MA .... !!!

Last edited by varshaakulkarni on 2014-06-25, 18:57; edited 3 times in total

varshaakulkarni
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-25, 18:14

sashashyam wrote:Folks,

Nowadays our Imperial Marshmallow is giving Javeda a stiff competition. hppy 

And when was Motibai proved innocent that he said that she was wrongly accused? Wasn't she just saved by a farman?

Motibai talks to Jalal himself with impertinence.  To TodarMal kya cheez hai!

I never liked the pagdi first of all. It was over decorated without elegance and the mingy morpankh on the cresent star sticking out uncomfortably and the maaniks looking fevicol stuck. I would have retched had it won the prize.

Tough times ahead buddy! ROFL  

Also wonder how Mirza reacts to all this. Wonder if Jalal's severity (an eighth wonder as of now, if he displays some over his nek dil Jodha Begum's sermons) on Mahachuchak led to strained relations between Jalal and his love guru.

As a fellow member, so was I. hpee 

Why were Jalal's eyes popping out as though his life was attempted upon for the first time...............was his expression supposed to mean anger?.......and narmi se pesh aaye was really the limit. What was Todar Mal supposed to do? Make those investigated seated on fluffy couches?

Shyamala/Aunty

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-25, 18:16

sashashyam wrote:
 I have often wondered how much of Salima’s  admiration and affection for Jodha would survive if she were to fall for Jalal herself. Very little, I would imagine. The even more interesting question is of how much of Jodha’s affection for Salima would survive!

Million dollar question. Shocked 

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-25, 18:48

aunty, i have to leave dhwani as well. i cant tolerate the name callings for jalal. this forum is becoming another I-F.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-26, 11:10

No, no, my pet, you cannot do that. Aapko meri kasam! Now  what will you do?
Plus, you have to understand the difference between affectionate scolding and malicious abuse. The latter is what goes on in large parts of the IF for Jalal. The former is what you see here, for the most part. When I, for example,call him a poodle, it is not to abuse him, and surely you understand that? It is the exasperation of someone who loves him a lot (the character Jalal, that is, not Rajat, who is always, or almost always splendid) and gets angry because he is not behaving in a way that befits the most magnificent ruler of his times and of any others as well. When one loves someone, on automatically gets the right to tick him/her off when needed.
For example, though I have not written about it,Rajat was superb in the Gold Awards both in the performance and  wrt his thank you comments for the Best Male Actor (Critics) award. I have never seen even megastars speak so gracefully and eloquently.

But his dress sense needed a  lot of improvement. His suit looked 2 sizes too  small. It bulged in the upper arms, where his biceps show how much of working out he has been doing. And while he had no paunch, the coat was just too small, and the single button in front, when closed, emphasised that.
Now, if I were to write a post about that, it will not be trying to pull Rajat down, or to mock him. It will be so that he does not make the same mistake again. It is, I am sure,the same about the "name calling" that riles you.
Do not get upset about it, there is my girl!
So you are not leaving, right? Right.
Shyamala Aunty

munnirony
aunty, i have to leave dhwani as well. i cant tolerate the name callings for jalal. this forum is becoming another I-F.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 11:54

I dont know aunty but just like jodha's each nd evry actions r justified nd all the blame is imposed on jalal,  same is going on here to justify ruku.  Im not denying jalal's faults but at the same time why ruku's faults justified based on jalal's ignorance or jalal's love for jodha? I know aunty ur not the one who is doing tht. Ur always unbiased nd criticize jalal jodha ruku equally but the other posts in ur thread give me the same feeling as I-F. I always feel like a odd one out here.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-26, 11:55

Shyamala loved your post. It is so funny, but show is becoming worse than funny now.
Jalal and his teams brains have gone for a walk and is refusing to come back, they feel that, they get more work while on walk than inside their brains, as its getting rust with doing nothing. Common sense is not used, only MA gets doubt on Shehnaz and even she is able to make her speak her identity, but unfortunately none of Jalal's loyals are able to find out.
If TM's hand can get hurt, can't they feel the need to check the maid's hand? What taftesh they did and they say the culprit's are very smart? Culprit's are not very smart, Agra people are dumb.
As per precap, TM notices Shehnaz's wounds, but she will accuse him of R*pe, so can't he mention that she is the culprit and her hands can be checked? Instead we get spoilers saying no one will believe Shehnaz but later Jodha will find out Shehnaz's truth, seriously???
MC track- the moment they come on screen, I feel Adventures of Hatim serial is running on screen with that animated back grounds. Was Kabul interior was way different from Agra? Wasn't Agra designed as per Mughal's architecture which is different from India, so Kabul's interior should be similar right? I undrestand about the weather difference, but that has nothing do with interiors of furnitures or homefurnishings. Anyways, it is too much to ask for and I think very soon I will stop watching this show. I used to watch the repeat at 10.20 most of the times, now I rather surf channels until 11 to watch YHM, but don't feel like watching a single scene again. This show has gone to pits.
Now a days, I don't feel like commenting on any of analysis as the episodes are worse than being called a "bore". I only go to Live update thread as it's fun to be there

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-26, 11:56

munnirony wrote:I dont know aunty but just like jodha's each nd evry actions r justified nd all the blame is imposed on jalal,  same is going on here to justify ruku.  Im not denying jalal's faults but at the same time why ruku's faults justified based on jalal's ignorance or jalal's love for jodha? I know aunty ur not the one who is doing tht. Ur always unbiased nd criticize jalal jodha ruku equally but the other posts in ur thread give me the same feeling as I-F. I always feel like a odd one out here.

I agree Shreya, but ignore it, because Ruq's actions cannot be justified and Jalal cannot be blamed for her actions anymore for it and believe it and ignore those points.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 12:04

Aunty, im not bothered if u criticize rajat bcoz I know u will do it for his gud. Similarly other people in ur thread truly care for rajat. But im upset about the judgemental views about jalal especially when it comes to ruku.  I also criticize jalal many times but I cant ignore ruku or jodha's mistakes by totally blaming jalal for evrything.  Nd besides I feel terms like jelly or marshmellow is bit too much for me to handle.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 12:19

@ash, another funny thing r the clothes of Kabul. Why the girls r wearing typical kasmiri clothes.  As far as I know if they r mughal princess the clothes will be same as agra princess. Well I really dont know much about it so I maybe wrong but dress should be same for all.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-26, 12:47

munnirony wrote:@ash, another funny thing r the clothes of Kabul. Why the girls r wearing typical kasmiri clothes.  As far as I know if they r mughal princess the clothes will be same as agra princess. Well I really dont know much about it so I maybe wrong but dress should be same for all.
I think it is due to the weather they are wearing warmer clothes, that's my guess, they can't be wearing those fancy clothes in that weather (my opinion even the same clothes as Agra clan and jewellery was sufficient to keep u warm all the time) hppy 

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 13:03

If u see ruku's dress its gud enough to keep u warm. I can understand the over coats but the kasmiri style clothes  doesn't make them look like princess.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-26, 13:39

munnirony wrote:Aunty, im not bothered if u criticize rajat bcoz I know u will do it for his gud. Similarly other people in ur thread truly care for rajat. But im upset about the judgemental views about jalal especially when it comes to ruku.  I also criticize jalal many times but I cant ignore ruku or jodha's mistakes by totally blaming jalal for evrything.  Nd besides I feel terms like jelly or marshmellow is bit too much for me to handle.

Okay okay Shreya, I call him jelly and marshmallow, but that is only when he softens so much for his Jodha Begum to the point of compromising on his royal stand. The entire post-Sujamal track with Jalal literally begging Jo to come back was too much a dent on his Imperial Status.  And when he is shown ignorant of the basic things going on in his palace which any Emperor would have known. Like Ben smuggling a trunk of snakes into the palace or Jalal's total ineptitude in the Tasneem track. For instance as AKT.JA pointed out, he is never shown investigating what other conspiracies MA has done as she has herself admitted. This is not how a smart strong Emperor, that too of Akbar's calibre behaves. These are  flaws in the scriptwriting to halo Jodha. Hence the tease.

As far as Ruk-Jalal is concerned, I only find his bias towards Jo under similar circumstances, when he has been exceptionally understanding and sensitive unfair. I don't blame Jalal to justify Ruqaiya and Ruqaiya undoubtedly is a nasty spoilt brat, as I have called her many times.  

I never name-call Jalal in a derogatory way IF style JBM style.  It is just the way you call your friend 'idiot' affectionately when his/her behaviour isn't upto the usual standards.    Jalal is the only reason I stick on to the show. Inspite of all these flaws in his characterisation, he is one of the best-est chaps around.   Starry Love

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 14:08

@sandhya, im not saying anything to u or anyone else. im just saying i dont feel like coming here bcoz i always feel like odd one out here just like i feel in I-F. u people say the same words which jodha supporters say, srry to say i dont find anything diff. aunty's analysis is certainly balanced & its only her write up which makes me come here. but all the other views r just the same as I-F. in tht case people also say tht jalal is biased towards ruku. jodha's actions r also justified by blaming jalal. im srry i cant stand the fact there r 2 groups who always give jodha & ruku the clean chit in the name of feminism or polygamy. for me neither meeting an unknown person at night is justified nor hiding maham's deed of killing a bandhi is justified. if jalal doubting jodha is counted, jodha doubting jalal should also be counted, similarly, if jalal's ignorance is counted, ruku's ignorance after BK's death should also be counted. but evrytime jodha & ruku r justified in the name of polygamy & feminism. anyways as i said evryone has got their comfort zone to express their views but as i said im alone bcoz whenever i try to put forward others' faults im put down even by my friends. i didnt wanted to say anything, but i feel this thread is also as biased as I-F. one gr will say jalal is biased towards jodha, other will say he is biased towards ruku noone is there to understand jalal's point of view. so i better leave rather than spoiling ur moods. srry for this post.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-26, 15:41

Don't worry, my dear Munni, I will join you, and then we can be the two odd ones here! You and I shall take on all the Ruqaiya-bhakts, shall we? She is a stupid, screechy, ill-behaved wench in any case, and if I had been Jalal, and even if there had never been any Jodha, I would have grown tired of her as I grew up. One does at times grow away from one’s childhood friends in real life too. Plus he has fallen in love now, and that is bound to change him drastically.
But one other point, Munni, which I have noted from the beginning. You are way too sensitive about anything and everything to do with Rajat and Jalal. I would like you to be more relaxed, and react to such critiques of Jalal with tongue in cheek humour, not irritation. That is the best way to get your own back.

Even in real life, you cannot afford to have such a thin skin,and you cannot go on battling everyone who does not agree with your views on something or someone. You will only wear your poor nerves out.
Ok, let us, you and me, set up a Protect Jalal group, and put all those attacking our (stupid, marshmallow-like, but ONLY we can call him that!!) boy. Done. I shall read all the posts in my threads that exasperate you so much and think of a comprehensive rebuttal re: Ruqaiya, and then, in the end, add what all is wrong with Jalal as of now, and that is a LOT!!
For now, to borrow a term from your generation, chill!
Shyamala Aunty

Munni
I dont know aunty but just like jodha's each nd evry actions r justified nd all the blame is imposed on jalal,  same is going on here to justify ruku.  Im not denying jalal's faults but at the same time why ruku's faults justified based on jalal's ignorance or jalal's love for jodha? I know aunty ur not the one who is doing tht. Ur always unbiased nd criticize jalal jodha ruku equally but the other posts in ur thread give me the same feeling as I-F. I always feel like a odd one out here.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-26, 15:57

My poor Ash,
Thank you so much, and if it is any comfort, I am in the same boat as you , except that I  am not, as of yet, thinking of quitting, and I never go to the written updates. I do not know what I will do if this downslide continues.
The CVs, having rushed thru the Jodha-Jalald dilon la milan, now do not know what to do. How many jashns can they have? And curiously enough, they did not have one to celebrate Jalal's Akbar title. Budget cuts, very likely, and then again, Ekta is reportedly got  a slew of new serials to launch, and she must have left Jodha Akbar on auto pilot.
I could not understand either why Shehnaaz's hand was not checked earlier by Todar Mal, after all, she was one of those will full access to Jodha's rooms. It is beyond idiotic. And Moti did not notice it either, nor the sharp Zakira? Oh, well.
As for the Hatim comparison, it is spot on, except that Hatim was better, and it did not have such an ugly main protagonist. Poor Mita is being made to look her worst. I watched about a dozen episodes of Hatim for fun, and it had a certain kiddish charm, and I generally like quest stories.. Plus the dresses and jewellery were understated and elegant. But it became boring after that mathematical wizard was defeated and I quit.
Shyamala

aashyagh
Shyamala loved your post.  It is so funny, but show is becoming worse than funny now.  
Jalal and his teams brains have gone for a walk and is refusing to come back, they feel that, they get more work while on walk than inside their brains, as its getting rust with doing nothing.  Common sense is not used, only MA gets doubt on Shehnaz and even she is able to make her speak her identity, but unfortunately none of Jalal's loyals are able to find out.  
If TM's hand can get hurt, can't they feel the need to check the maid's hand?  What taftesh they did and they say the culprit's are very smart?  Culprit's are not very smart, Agra people are dumb.
As per precap, TM notices Shehnaz's wounds, but she will accuse him of R*pe, so can't he mention that she is the culprit and her hands can be checked?  Instead we get spoilers saying no one will believe Shehnaz but later Jodha will find out Shehnaz's truth, seriously???  
MC track- the moment they come on screen, I feel Adventures of Hatim serial is running on screen with that animated back grounds.  Was Kabul interior was way different from Agra?  Wasn't Agra designed as per Mughal's architecture which is different from India, so Kabul's interior should be similar right?  I undrestand about the weather difference, but that has nothing do with interiors of furnitures or homefurnishings.  Anyways, it is too much to ask for and I think very soon I will stop watching this show.  I used to watch the repeat at 10.20 most of the times, now I rather surf channels until 11 to watch YHM, but don't feel like watching a single scene again.  This show has gone to pits.
Now a days, I don't feel like commenting on any of analysis as the episodes are worse than being called a "bore".  I only go to Live update thread as it's fun to be there

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-06-26, 16:12

Thanks for the PM Aunty.
As for the episodes, these days......am loss at words  confused

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-26, 16:35

munni, kya hua..doesn't matter what..anytime jalal is shown weak the trps have fallen..and look at it now..it further fell..in a way i m happy that at least now the cvz might think seriously about JA..if they keep showing jodha mahaan and half baked romance the fall is bound to happen!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-26, 16:36

munni, kya hua..doesn't matter what..anytime jalal is shown weak the trps have fallen..and look at it now..it further fell..in a way i m happy that at least now the cvz might think seriously about JA..if they keep showing jodha mahaan and half baked romance the fall is bound to happen!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-26, 16:41

sashashyam wrote:

My poor Ash,
Thank you so much, and if it is any comfort, I am in the same boat as you , except that I  am not, as of yet, thinking of quitting, and I never go to the written updates. I do not know what I will do if this downslide continues.
The CVs, having rushed thru the Jodha-Jalald dilon la milan, now do not know what to do. How many jashns can they have? And curiously enough, they did not have one to celebrate Jalal's Akbar title. Budget cuts, very likely, and then again, Ekta is reportedly got  a slew of new serials to launch, and she must have left Jodha Akbar on auto pilot.
I could not understand either why Shehnaaz's hand was not checked earlier by Todar Mal, after all, she was one of those will full access to Jodha's rooms. It is beyond idiotic. And Moti did not notice it either, nor the sharp Zakira? Oh, well.
As for the Hatim comparison, it is spot on, except that Hatim was better, and it did not have such an ugly main protagonist. Poor Mita is being made to look her worst. I watched about a dozen episodes of Hatim for fun, and it had a certain kiddish charm, and I generally like quest stories.. Plus the dresses and jewellery were understated and elegant. But it became boring after that mathematical wizard was defeated and I quit.
Shyamala

aashyagh
Shyamala loved your post.  It is so funny, but show is becoming worse than funny now.  
Jalal and his teams brains have gone for a walk and is refusing to come back, they feel that, they get more work while on walk than inside their brains, as its getting rust with doing nothing.  Common sense is not used, only MA gets doubt on Shehnaz and even she is able to make her speak her identity, but unfortunately none of Jalal's loyals are able to find out.  
If TM's hand can get hurt, can't they feel the need to check the maid's hand?  What taftesh they did and they say the culprit's are very smart?  Culprit's are not very smart, Agra people are dumb.
As per precap, TM notices Shehnaz's wounds, but she will accuse him of R*pe, so can't he mention that she is the culprit and her hands can be checked?  Instead we get spoilers saying no one will believe Shehnaz but later Jodha will find out Shehnaz's truth, seriously???  
MC track- the moment they come on screen, I feel Adventures of Hatim serial is running on screen with that animated back grounds.  Was Kabul interior was way different from Agra?  Wasn't Agra designed as per Mughal's architecture which is different from India, so Kabul's interior should be similar right?  I undrestand about the weather difference, but that has nothing do with interiors of furnitures or homefurnishings.  Anyways, it is too much to ask for and I think very soon I will stop watching this show.  I used to watch the repeat at 10.20 most of the times, now I rather surf channels until 11 to watch YHM, but don't feel like watching a single scene again.  This show has gone to pits.
Now a days, I don't feel like commenting on any of analysis as the episodes are worse than being called a "bore".  I only go to Live update thread as it's fun to be there

I am still thinking of quitting, but unable to do so, but if this idiotic series continues it can be soon Bang  CV's are sleep writing this show now.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 17:20

mandygi wrote:munni, kya hua..doesn't matter what..anytime jalal is shown weak the trps have fallen..and look at it now..it further fell..in a way i m happy that at least now the cvz might think seriously about JA..if they keep showing jodha mahaan and half baked romance the fall is bound to happen!
i had started to feel like I-F even in dhwani bcoz of "ruku bhakts". my complain is on a diff issue not about "jodha mahan". i didnt wanted to disturb peace here, thts why i dont say anything. only aunty & shradda understand my point of view. just like jodha supporters do in I-F, same is done here by ruku supporters. just like jodha supporters never accept her mistakes, so as ruku supporters. people remember only about jalal's ignorance but when i talk about ruku's ignorance after BK's death, evryone, even u put me down. if things r not judged equally then its impossible for me to stay at this place. so its better i leave so tht evryone can stay peacefully.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 17:28

sashashyam wrote:
Don't worry, my dear Munni, I will join you, and then we can be the two odd ones here! You and I shall take on all the Ruqaiya-bhakts, shall we? She is a stupid, screechy, ill-behaved wench in any case, and if I had been Jalal, and even if there had never been any Jodha, I would have grown tired of her as I grew up. One does at times grow away from one’s childhood friends in real life too. Plus he has fallen in love now, and that is bound to change him drastically.
But one other point, Munni, which I have noted from the beginning. You are way too sensitive about anything and everything to do with Rajat and Jalal. I would like you to be more relaxed, and react to such critiques of Jalal with tongue in cheek humour, not irritation. That is the best way to get your own back.

Even in real life, you cannot afford to have such a thin skin,and you cannot go on battling everyone who does not agree with your views on something or someone. You will only wear your poor nerves out.
Ok, let us, you and me, set up a Protect Jalal group, and put all those attacking our (stupid, marshmallow-like, but ONLY we can call him that!!) boy. Done. I shall read all the posts in my threads that exasperate you so much and think of a comprehensive rebuttal re: Ruqaiya, and then, in the end, add what all is wrong with Jalal as of now, and that is a LOT!!
For now, to borrow a term from your generation, chill!
Shyamala Aunty

Munni
no aunty, dont get me wrong. im not saying to protect jalal. i also criticize him. dont i??? my only point is tht we shouldnt give either jodha or ruku a clean chit just bcoz jalal is wrong. ruku ignoring jalal after BK's death or ruku hiding maham's deed of killing tht bandhi is not at all jalal's fault. ur write up always gives me pleasure bcoz u always criticize jalal, jodha & ruku equally & i never want u to change ur way of thinking or writing. im just pissed of with certain comments in favor of ruku, which r exactly similar like I-F.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-06-26, 18:25

Lovely humour-laced post!

In one of the older episodes, Maham describes Jalal being - ferocious as a lion yet sly as a fox. Ironically, I get to see these qualities of Jalal on a Maharana Pratap show and not on Jodha Akbar. There have been dozens of wars involving Pratap and Jalal on that show and I can't remember the last time I saw a battle on JA. I feel like saying - "Jalal, go get a life!"

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 15:43

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum