Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Post by sashashyam on 2014-07-01, 22:37

Precisely, my dear Adiana, aap ne to hamare muh ki baat cheen li! It was SPLENDID,   and also to see our mahaan Jodha trussed up like a chicken on the floor.Shyamalaadianasr wrote:Ah it was such pleasure to hear Shenu baby say this to Jodha - kam bolti aur logon ko parakhti toh tumhara aaj yeh haal nahin hota.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Post by munnirony on 2014-07-01, 23:47

i hope mission "karni sena" khush karo is accomplished. thts why protests had been dried up long time ago. acc. to them akbar became gr8 only bcoz of jodha's family, so the PH is successful in doing tht. Clap

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-07-02, 08:25

Precisely, my dear Sandhya. Which is why I wrote last night on Divya's thread, to refute her defence of Jalal:

Jalal is the emperor, the supreme authority with power of life and death over everyone. So he has to be all of it - investigator, jury and judge, for the buck stops with him. That degree of overall responsibility goes with the territory.

If he cannot cope with  it, he should quit and go and sit in an ashram with his beloved Jodha Begum. Watching him feel sorry for himself on the terrace brought  out all my worst instincts. I hate lachrymose men who weep for themselves, and then an emperor weeping over his own weakness is the limit.

But your quote from the Mahabharata is superb, as is your take on the whole in your first para.

Incidentally, the precap of last night, that of Jalal  regretting that he now had a dil, was not there  in the episode today. Any idea of what happened to it? The flashback in Jodha’s dream was different, and here Jalal states that he has given a wrong judgment and  it is killing him.

So now we have this Jalal who can do nothing but twirl a lance, stare at Jodha with angry eyes – why blame her, when the final judgment was yours? – and then go and mourn,  with the Quran for witness, that  a Shahenshah should let a 100 guilty escape  rather than let one innocent be sentenced. So why, buster, did you have to pronounce the  death sentence so quickly, and since when have you gone by the advice of the mullahs in taking decisions?

I was pleased that Jodha simply stumbled on the truth, and  she did not do any detective work for which she could  have been canonized all over again. Plus, she is the kind of benighted idiot  who would rush in to confront a potentially dangerous fraud.

I loved it when Shehnaaz dealt with her with clinical efficiency,  and even more so when she  told her that she is sabse badi bewakoof.. kyon itna bolti ho, Jodha? Agar kam bolti, aur logon ko parakhti,  so aaj shayad tumhara yeh haal na hota.  I stood up and clapped! Not that Jodha is going to learn anything from this  disaster.

Contrary to some   who claimed that Jodha looked disturbed after the verdict, I felt that she was rigid, vengeful and graceless, her face set in stone. Even today, after Kanha refuses to let her light the diya, she is only concerned about her relationship  with Jalal, and she has neither regret about  Todr Mal’s fate   nor any desire to take another look at  the matter.

One more thing, Sandhya. I finally watche d the mahaepisode, and I was dismayed by 2 things.

One, the evidence against TodarMal is not just circumstantial, it is very sketchy. There is  no eyewitness to Todar Mal’s alleged attempt to R*pe Shehnaaz,  and every charge  Jodha makes against him could just as well have been fitted into Todar Mal’s rebuttal. So where was the question of saare saboot, sare gawah?

Two. Todar Mal was not only stupid in the extreme in informing Shehnaaz about all his plans for her downfall, he was also almost apathetic  in the DEK, hardly looking up, speaking in a low monotone, and never stating his side of the matter forcefully and at length.  He seems to be both introverted and defeatist; he tells Zakira that  any punishment Ishwar gives him would be borne calmly and with fortitude, and he tells Jalal in the DEK tht though he is innocent, he will not contradict the Shahenshah if he decides that Todar Mal is guilty. What kind of defence is this?

He should have brought Atgah in at the first opportunity,  instead of creeping after Shehnaaz like Inspector Clouseau, so conspicuous and so shady looking. I do not know how this chap is going to survive in the nest of scopions that is the Agra court.

I hope he leaves for Mathura as soon as he is cleared.

Shyamala Aunty                    

sandhyaFor those who still wish to defend Jalal yesterday, a line from Mahabharat- "jinhe aagya dene ka adhikaar hota hai, unhe agyaan rehne ka adhikaar nahin hota."  Jalal's folly in ordering a sentence that he himself is not convinced about is an insult to the throne of justice he sits on. 

His faults are blown up as he is the king and he cannot afford to make mistakes esp while wielding the sceptre.  I remember a Vikram Vetal story in which Vetal tells a story of a chain of misunderstandings that led to the execution of an innocent man by the king. Vetal asks Vikramaditya who is  responsible for that man's death to which he answers 'Certainly the king' though others too had a lion's share in the confusion and treachery.

This Jalal is no Akbar.

And Jodha, lesser said the better. Like Adi I loved Shehnaaz words today asking Jodha to speak less and think more. Not that this Jodha ever learns.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-07-02, 09:31

Aunty, I can't tell you how happy I felt after Shehnaaz aka Nigaar tied Jodha's mouth and uttered those golden words...*wipes khushi ke aansu*  Clap 
But thick brained didn't register any of it...and end mein phir muh kholi  Bang 

And I want whacking for Jodha from SB, HB..though I doubt...but defo from Ruqaiya..and properly  long hug ...and pliss some from Jalal too

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-07-02, 09:50

sashashyam wrote:
Precisely, my dear Adiana, aap ne to hamare muh ki baat cheen li! It was SPLENDID, and also to see our mahaan Jodha trussed up like a chicken on the floor.Shyamalaadianasr wrote:Ah it was such pleasure to hear Shenu baby say this to Jodha - kam bolti aur logon ko parakhti toh tumhara aaj yeh haal nahin hota.

I should go back and watch the episode for this line atleast, thanks to Zindagi Gulzar hain, I am able to slowly get detatached from this show, I only watched the last scene and again our Jodha doesn't surprise us, she gives lines about how Shehnaz is his sister and he cannot kill her, seriously,is she a royal queen or a princess? Due to that girl, two innocents are punished and in that one was going to be killed Bang and now due to her mahanta Rahim's life is in stake, can someone whack that woman Bang 

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-07-02, 10:40

btw wht happened to gr8 jodha begum's fighting skills???  hppy

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-07-02, 10:55

munnirony wrote:btw wht happened to gr8 jodha begum's fighting skills???  hppy
Not to forget Jalal's whole army available in her hppy  ROFL

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-07-02, 10:58

mishti wrote:
wahi to. its told to the audience tht jalal is only surviving bcoz of her, she is his whole army but wht happened in front of shehnaaz. hppy

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-07-02, 13:02

munni, when i called zee long time ago they mentioned that jalal will become akbar because of jodha..when i objected they sais its written in history but where????????????????????????
munnirony wrote:i hope mission "karni sena" khush karo is accomplished. thts why protests had been dried up long time ago. acc. to them akbar became gr8 only bcoz of jodha's family, so the PH is successful in doing tht. Clap

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-07-02, 13:22

adi and my dear sandhya, why do u guys think karni sena is shaant????? and all we get to see is jodha mata ki jai...jalal was taking the cake up until tasneem track ans=d karni sena was in action left right and center..now after its hail jodha and akbar is nothing but reduced to a bystander and also became akbar due to the mahaan jodha begum, now karni sena is happy with their karni...!!!!!
adianasr wrote:Sands can we go and bang Zee for so blatantly wrecking history just to favor their favorite Jodha Begum? I am now wondering why they are doing this? is this the saanth gaanth they made with the Karni Sena???????

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-07-02, 13:25

they r feeding the karni sena by making akbar dumb but they are forgetting that audiences are not dumb!  they better check their trps!!!
munnirony wrote:Well aunty,  srry for last night's encounter. I still stand by wht I said but I should have toned down. Nd guys whether we agree or not fact remains this show is about jodha. Even when jalal is right then also he will be wrong in the end so tht jodha can come nd rescue him. Nd jodha being wrong about TM is nothing but just a lollipop. Whenever she is shown wrong she has been glorified more than before in the next track. I also agree tht showing jalal dumb or helpless is to satisfy karni sena just like the show MP does by showing jalal cruel. Nd since this is a ekta show hero will be shown making bigger blunder than the heroine so tht heroine mahan theory can prevail even when the heroine is wrong.

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-07-02, 13:26

aashyagh wrote:
sashashyam wrote:
Precisely, my dear Adiana, aap ne to hamare muh ki baat cheen li! It was SPLENDID, and also to see our mahaan Jodha trussed up like a chicken on the floor.Shyamalaadianasr wrote:Ah it was such pleasure to hear Shenu baby say this to Jodha - kam bolti aur logon ko parakhti toh tumhara aaj yeh haal nahin hota.

I should go back and watch the episode for this line atleast, thanks to Zindagi Gulzar hain, I am able to slowly get detatached from this show, I only watched the last scene and again our Jodha doesn't surprise us, she gives lines about how Shehnaz is his sister and he cannot kill her, seriously,is she a royal queen or a princess?  Due to that girl, two innocents are punished and in that one was going to be killed Bang and now due to her mahanta Rahim's life is in stake, can someone whack that woman Bang 
How long have I been wanting to! Bang  I have begun to like Shehnaaz for shutting her mouth, temporarily atleast and asking her to talk less. 

When will  Jalal tell the same!  Hope he learns from this debacle that his nek dil paak saaf Jodha begum is not never wrong.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-07-02, 13:27

shenu baby i love u for that long hug 
adianasr wrote:Ah it was such pleasure to hear Shenu baby say this to Jodha - kam bolti aur logon ko parakhti toh tumhara aaj yeh haal nahin hota.

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-07-02, 13:30

mandygi wrote:adi and my dear sandhya, why do u guys think karni sena is shaant????? and all we get to see is jodha mata ki jai...jalal was taking the cake up until tasneem track ans=d karni sena was in action left right and center..now after its hail jodha and akbar is nothing but reduced to a bystander and also became akbar due to the mahaan jodha begum, now karni sena is happy with their karni...!!!!!
adianasr wrote:Sands can we go and bang Zee for so blatantly wrecking history just to favor their favorite Jodha Begum? I am now wondering why they are doing this? is this the saanth gaanth they made with the Karni Sena???????
So Akbar conquered and efficiently ruled the whole of Hindustan only because of the help of the guys from that speck on the map country,  is it? If those guys were so very efficient and capable why didn't they defend their own land from Akbar?

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-07-02, 13:32

mishti wrote:
If Jalal ventures out with this one woman army one cranky Shehnaaz  would do to gag her in a minute and drive her to knife point.  Then what war will he win?  hppy

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-07-02, 13:34

exactly!!! has ekta and zee tv got any brains?????..why was jodha mahaan given in alliance if they were that efficient!
sandhya wrote:
mandygi wrote:adi and my dear sandhya, why do u guys think karni sena is shaant????? and all we get to see is jodha mata ki jai...jalal was taking the cake up until tasneem track ans=d karni sena was in action left right and center..now after its hail jodha and akbar is nothing but reduced to a bystander and also became akbar due to the mahaan jodha begum, now karni sena is happy with their karni...!!!!!
So Akbar conquered and efficiently ruled the whole of Hindustan only because of the help of the guys from that speck on the map country,  is it? If those guys were so very efficient and capable why didn't they defend their own land from Akbar?

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-07-02, 14:39

Guys if u want to see real action watch gold awards.  Show mein to bhul jao. honestly why r we surprised?

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-07-02, 14:46

1st of all if sujamal can defeat the mughals single handedly why cant he conquer amer?  Why he needed Sharif's help? If amer people r so efficient then why jalal jodha marriage was given?  Answer its a ekta show nd 2ndly make karni sena happy by changing the story.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-07-02, 14:52

munnirony wrote:1st of all if sujamal can defeat the mughals single handedly why cant he conquer amer?  Why he needed Sharif's help? If amer people r so efficient then why jalal jodha marriage was given?  Answer its a ekta show nd 2ndly make karni sena happy by changing the story.

Why didn't Bharmal send his daughter Jodha for the war, na Mughals jeet the, na Jodha, Jalal ke gale padti Bang 

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-07-02, 15:23

mandygi wrote:shenu baby i love u for that long hug 
adianasr wrote:Ah it was such pleasure to hear Shenu baby say this to Jodha - kam bolti aur logon ko parakhti toh tumhara aaj yeh haal nahin hota.

The thing is .. it means the makers very well know what they're dishing out in the form of Jodha's characterization... if Shehnaaz was making such statements...  hppy 
Or some disgruntled CV decided to slip those lines into the script somewhere..

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-07-02, 16:01

Probaby the latter, Lashykanna!Well, Mandy and Lashy, do see my take on last night's episode in my response to Sandhya above. It will interest you. Sandhya's Vikramaditya aur Betaal parallel is perfect, as is her line from the Mahabharata.Shyamala/Periammalashy wrote:
mandygi wrote:shenu baby i love u for that long hug 

The thing is .. it means the makers very well know what they're dishing out in the form of Jodha's characterization... if Shehnaaz was making such statements...  hppy 
Or some disgruntled CV decided to slip those lines into the script somewhere..

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-07-02, 16:53

Folks,
What I am now waiting to see is the following, in no particular order:

1) Salima's reaction to that nadaan bachchi Shehnaaz  making off on horseback with her aankh ka tara, zindagi ka sahara.  The last time, when Shehnaaz stood there clapping her hands and laughing as Rahim was dangling over the edge of the battlement  and Jalal rescued him only  in the nick of time, I was flummoxed when Salima responded to Ruqaiya bt saying kucch hua to nahin na.Now something far worse has happened, and we shall see if the genuine motherly reaction, of anger against Jodha for her stupidity, surfaces at last. My bet is that it won't; Rahim is only her stepson, after all, and she will still be saintly.

2) Jalal's reaction, after he has liberated Todar Mal and apologised profusely to him, and presuming that Rahim has been rescued  - Shehnaaz would most likely have ditched  him summarily once she is out of the fort, for she needed him only as a gate pass, adn she would not want to be saddled with a kid-  to Jodha's consolidated follies.

The instant death sentence for Todar Mal  was primarily Jalal's fault -  for the evidence against TodarMal is not just circumstantial, it is very sketchy. There is  no eyewitness to Todar Mal’s alleged attempt to R*pe Shehnaaz,  and every charge  Jodha makes against him could just as well have been fitted into Todar Mal’s rebuttal. So where was the question of saare saboot, sare gawah?

And the decision was or should have been Jalal’s , and if he pronounced a death sentence to be carried out the next day in a case where he  was himself very doubtful about the charge, the fault,  as Sandhya has brought out beautifully,  is all his.

But the Rahim kidnapping is all because of Jodha pampering this snake in the grass. Jalal should at  least cut up rough with Jodha - for he has barely  escaped bitter regret for a lifetime -  and  tell her  exactly what he thinks of her bull-headed  folly,  and makes it clear that she would not open her mouth in the DEK ever again, even without  a Shehnaazian gag.

Incidentally, Munni's wonderment at Jodha having been overcome and trussed up so neatly like a chicken, given her tomtommed hunars in combat, is the least of it. My dears, she was standing there like a block of wood all the time Shehnaaz was holding that khanjar so loosely at her throat, without making the least attempt to grab it and disarm her opponent. Worse, she did nothing even when Shehnaaz turned to get that  green roll that she said was the elusive farmaan, and the khanjar had moved away from her throat. So much for her bravery and presence of mind.

NB: Where has this farman suddenly turned up from? I thought both Shehnaaz and Mahaam were looking for it all over, but in vain so far. I suspect that Shehnaaz is merely conning Jalal, which does  not take much doing, does it? hpee 
To  revert to Jalal and  Jodha, judging from the Pavlovian reflex hpee  with which he responded to her ordering him - NOT pleading  with him, as any of Maharana Udai Singh's ranis would have done, even his favourite Dheerbaiji-  not to kill Nigar, he is not likely to do any thing like what I would like , but let us see.

3)Todar Mal’s ardhangini’s reaction. This is the one I am the most eager to see. I hope she insists on taking her patidev back to Mathura.Again, it might not pan out that way, thanks to Todar Mal being won over by Jalal’s apologies. A pity.

I have not included Jodha’s reaction, for we all know what that would be. A few tears and a kshama yachana from Todar Mal, and madam will be back on her high horse, now ordering Jalal to find Chand Begum at once, so that she can dispel Nigar’s brahm and bring her back into the fold.

The question that then remains is how Jodha, who  would definitely NOT like to give up her status of a Shahi Begum, and would thus not at all want Jalal to  lose his throne,  tackles Nigar’s obsession with the farmaan and her Malika-e-Hind status.

But all this might well be overtaken by the advent of Mahachuchak’s army at the gates of Agra. Unannounced, naturally, seeing how efficient Atgah’s spies are! hpee 

Shyamala/Aunty

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-07-02, 17:27

That is one long list aunty.... one of those three pointers happens, we should be happy... 
HB and SB are the most unrealistic mothers' portrayal I have ever seen!

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-07-02, 17:39

sashashyam wrote:Folks,
What I am now waiting to see is the following, in no particular order:

1) Salima's reaction to that nadaan bachchi Shehnaaz  making off on horseback with her aankh ka tara, zindagi ka sahara.  The last time, when Shehnaaz stood there clapping her hands and laughing as Rahim was dangling over the edge of the battlement  and Jalal rescued him only  in the nick of time, I was flummoxed when Salima responded to Ruqaiya bt saying kucch hua to nahin na.Now something far worse has happened, and we shall see if the genuine motherly reaction, of anger against Jodha for her stupidity, surfaces at last. My bet is that it won't; Rahim is only her stepson, after all, and she will still be saintly.

2) Jalal's reaction, after he has liberated Todar Mal and apologised profusely to him, and presuming that Rahim has been rescued  - Shehnaaz would most likely have ditched  him summarily once she is out of the fort, for she needed him only as a gate pass, adn she would not want to be saddled with a kid-  to Jodha's consolidated follies.

The instant death sentence for Todar Mal  was primarily Jalal's fault -  for the evidence against TodarMal is not just circumstantial, it is very sketchy. There is  no eyewitness to Todar Mal’s alleged attempt to R*pe Shehnaaz,  and every charge  Jodha makes against him could just as well have been fitted into Todar Mal’s rebuttal. So where was the question of saare saboot, sare gawah?

And the decision was or should have been Jalal’s , and if he pronounced a death sentence to be carried out the next day in a case where he  was himself very doubtful about the charge, the fault,  as Sandhya has brought out beautifully,  is all his.

But the Rahim kidnapping is all because of Jodha pampering this snake in the grass. Jalal should at  least cut up rough with Jodha - for he has barely  escaped bitter regret for a lifetime -  and  tell her  exactly what he thinks of her bull-headed  folly,  and makes it clear that she would not open her mouth in the DEK ever again, even without  a Shehnaazian gag.

Incidentally, Munni's wonderment at Jodha having been overcome and trussed up so neatly like a chicken, given her tomtommed hunars in combat, is the least of it. My dears, she was standing there like a block of wood all the time Shehnaaz was holding that khanjar so loosely at her throat, without making the least attempt to grab it and disarm her opponent. Worse, she did nothing even when Shehnaaz turned to get that  green roll that she said was the elusive farmaan, and the khanjar had moved away from her throat. So much for her bravery and presence of mind.

NB: Where has this farman suddenly turned up from? I thought both Shehnaaz and Mahaam were looking for it all over, but in vain so far. I suspect that Shehnaaz is merely conning Jalal, which does  not take much doing, does it? hpee 
To  revert to Jalal and  Jodha, judging from the Pavlovian reflex hpee  with which he responded to her ordering him - NOT pleading  with him, as any of Maharana Udai Singh's ranis would have done, even his favourite Dheerbaiji-  not to kill Nigar, he is not likely to do any thing like what I would like , but let us see.

3)Todar Mal’s ardhangini’s reaction. This is the one I am the most eager to see. I hope she insists on taking her patidev back to Mathura.Again, it might not pan out that way, thanks to Todar Mal being won over by Jalal’s apologies. A pity.

I have not included Jodha’s reaction, for we all know what that would be. A few tears and a kshama yachana from Todar Mal, and madam will be back on her high horse, now ordering Jalal to find Chand Begum at once, so that she can dispel Nigar’s brahm and bring her back into the fold.

The question that then remains is how Jodha, who  would definitely NOT like to give up her status of a Shahi Begum, and would thus not at all want Jalal to  lose his throne,  tackles Nigar’s obsession with the farmaan and her Malika-e-Hind status.

But all this might well be overtaken by the advent of Mahachuchak’s army at the gates of Agra. Unannounced, naturally, seeing how efficient Atgah’s spies are! hpee 

Shyamala/Aunty

Shyamala, except for Jodha's kshama yachana and she being back to her old self again, nothing else will happen. And yes, TM will stay back at Agra.
And Jodha's reaction to the Nigar's authority to throne, she might say, "Shehansha woh aapki behen hain, aur aapke pitah ki antim iccha thi ki yeh sultanate aapki behen sambhale, hamein sirf aapse prem hain shehansha, aap sulatanate aapki behen ko de dijiye" or she can say " agar aap sultanate apni behen ko tyaag denge toh aapki praja ko kaun sambhalega?".  Bang But this woman annoys me, she is back to her irritating version and closer to Jodha 1 and high time this show gets closed.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-07-02, 18:08

shyamala all i would like to say is ke aaja teri yaad aayi o balam harjayee ke aaja  teri yaad aayi, i m humming this song these days to my old jalal which is lost in ekta's magnum opus turned sbs!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:58

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum