Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-26, 19:43

munnirony wrote:@sandhya, im not saying anything to u or anyone else. im just saying i dont feel like coming here bcoz i always feel like odd one out here just like i feel in I-F. u people say the same words which jodha supporters say, srry to say i dont find anything diff. aunty's analysis is certainly balanced & its only her write up which makes me come here. but all the other views r just the same as I-F. in tht case people also say tht jalal is biased towards ruku. jodha's actions r also justified by blaming jalal. im srry i cant stand the fact there r 2 groups who always give jodha & ruku the clean chit in the name of feminism or polygamy. for me neither meeting an unknown person at night is justified nor hiding maham's deed of killing a bandhi is justified. if jalal doubting jodha is counted, jodha doubting jalal should also be counted, similarly, if jalal's ignorance is counted, ruku's ignorance after BK's death should also be counted. but evrytime jodha & ruku r justified in the name of polygamy & feminism. anyways as i said evryone has got their comfort zone to express their views but as i said im alone bcoz whenever i try to put forward others' faults im put down even by my friends. i didnt wanted to say anything, but i feel this thread is also as biased as I-F. one gr will say jalal is biased towards jodha, other will say he is biased towards ruku noone is there to understand jalal's point of view. so i better leave rather than spoiling ur moods. srry for this post.
But Shreya, the Ruqs fp track is over. So are the related arguments. Now the Toddy-Shehnu track is going on and there is nothing against Jalal except his funny lines like 'Kyun aur kisliye'. Why are you so sensitive now? And your views spoil nobody's moods. At the same time, neither should anybody else's spoil yours.  Not just wrt Jalal but wrt anything in life.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 269: Todar Mal's triumph! JA 272:Tangled skeinsP5 JA 274:Depths of follyP10 JA 276:Pg 22

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-26, 20:37

Mausam badal raha hai...........fitrat badal rahi hai.........

Hamida Banu is more of Jalal's mother these days. Yaayyyy.....

Yesterday after the pagdi incident when HB was sad and worried, I thought that she is going to lament on the dard her Jodha beta had to endure as someone poisoned her pagdi. But she took me by surprise by worrying on Jalal's safety and sad as people want to harm him.............

Today too she prepared a meal for Jalal herself instead of asking her Jodha beta to do so.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 20:50

@sandhya, im not getting sensitive. as i said i didnt wanted to say these things but since aunty stopped me to leave dhwani thts why all these came out. & as per jalal goes evrything is always against him whether the CVs or the viewers. & others get a clean chit so wht if tht person is hiding sumone's criminal activities. its just like I-F, bcoz since jalal is wrong, others also get the license to do wrong things. anyways as i said i was just sharing things with aunty thts it. its nothing against anyone. i was just feeling like I-F here thts why my inner feelings came out. srry for the trouble.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-26, 21:16

munnirony wrote:@sandhya, im not getting sensitive. as i said i didnt wanted to say these things but since aunty stopped me to leave dhwani thts why all these came out. & as per jalal goes evrything is always against him whether the CVs or the viewers. & others get a clean chit so wht if tht person is hiding sumone's criminal activities. its just like I-F, bcoz since jalal is wrong, others also get the license to do wrong things. anyways as i said i was just sharing things with aunty thts it. its nothing against anyone. i was just feeling like I-F here thts why my inner feelings came out. srry for the trouble.
No trouble dear.   hug1 No one is against Jalal here, esp in aunty's threads. We are all here for and because of Jalal. hpee 

If you grade the characters Jalal stands at 95%, compared to the 60%,85%,45%,etc of others and like concerned parents/affectionate friends we do sometimes worry on where Jalal has lost the 5%. Others fail bhi ho jaaye tho who cares! hpee

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 21:30

sandhya wrote:
munnirony wrote:@sandhya, im not getting sensitive. as i said i didnt wanted to say these things but since aunty stopped me to leave dhwani thts why all these came out. & as per jalal goes evrything is always against him whether the CVs or the viewers. & others get a clean chit so wht if tht person is hiding sumone's criminal activities. its just like I-F, bcoz since jalal is wrong, others also get the license to do wrong things. anyways as i said i was just sharing things with aunty thts it. its nothing against anyone. i was just feeling like I-F here thts why my inner feelings came out. srry for the trouble.
No trouble dear.   hug1 No one is against Jalal here, esp in aunty's threads. We are all here for and because of Jalal. hpee 

If you grade the characters Jalal stands at 95%, compared to the 60%,85%,45%,etc of others and like concerned parents/affectionate friends we do sometimes worry on where Jalal has lost the 5%. Others fail bhi ho jaaye tho who cares! hpee
we r here for rajat dear. the way CVs r showing jalal, all the other characters look saint in front of him. Bang  srry for the outburst, i just didnt wanted this thread to be like I-F where the faults of the other characters r not discussed.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-26, 21:31

Shreya just for you here are the words of Dr. Richard von Garbe on Akbar in his book -

AKBAR, EMPEROR OF INDIA
A Picture of Life and Customs from the Sixteenth Century

"When we wish to understand a personality we are in the habit of ascertaining the inherited characteristics, and investigating the influences exercised upon it by religion, family, environment, education, youthful impressions, experience, and so forth. Most men are easily comprehensible as the products of these factors. The more
independent of all such influences, or the more in opposition to them, a personality develops, the more attractive and interesting will it appear to us. At the first glance it looks as if the Emperor Akbar had developed his entire character from himself and by his own efforts in total independence of all influences which in other cases are thought to determine the character and nature of a man. A Mohammedan, a Mongol, a descendant of the monster Timur, the son of a weak incapable father, born in exile, called when but a lad to the government of a disintegrated and almost annihilated realm in the India of the sixteenth century,--which means in an age of perfidy, treachery, avarice, and self-seeking,--Akbar appears before us as a noble man, susceptible to all grand and beautiful impressions, conscientious, unprejudiced, and energetic, who knew how to bring peace and order out of the confusion of the times, who throughout his reign desired the
furtherance of his subjects' and not of his own interest, who while increasing the privileges of the Mohammedans, not only also declared equality of rights for the Hindus but even actualized that equality, who in every conceivable way sought to conciliate his subjects so widely at variance with each other in race, customs, and religion, and who finally when the narrow dogmas of his religion no longer satisfied him, attained to a purified faith in God, which was independent of all formulated religions.

A closer observation, however, shows that the contrast is not quite so harsh between what according to our hypotheses Akbar should have been as a result of the forces which build up man, and what he actually became. His predilection for science and art Akbar had inherited from his grandfather Baber and his father Humayun. His youth, which was passed among dangers and privations, in flight and in prison, was
certainly not without a beneficial influence upon Akbar's development into a man of unusual power and energy. And of significance for his spiritual development was the circumstance that after his accession to the throne his guardian put him in the charge of a most excellent tutor, the enlightened and liberal minded Persian Mir Abdul latif, who laid the foundation for Akbar's later religious and ethical views.
Still, however high we may value the influence of this teacher, the main point lay in Akbar's own endowments, his susceptibility for such teaching as never before had struck root with any Mohammedan prince. Akbar had not his equal in the history of Islam. "He is the only prince grown up in the Mohammedan creed whose endeavor it was to ennoble the limitation of this most separatistic of all religions into a true religion of humanity."

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-26, 21:38

thnks adina, ur posts r always interesting. but Cvs will never show even 1% of it. honestly, im neither bothered about ruku nor about jodha. im just bothered about jalal & his bashing certainly hurts me, bcoz jalal/akbar is not a random hero who can be reduced to a show piece. i know evryone has their expectations from him thts why even ruku or maham's faults can be ignored but not jalal's. when i watch MP, my heart really goes out for rajat bcoz we all know he is the best person when it comes to action & stunts.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-26, 21:45

Shreya, I keep saying this - Akbar was the favorite child of my frnd Ms. Kayanat - and she will never let anyone harm him - alive or dead - so dont wrry - Akbar will be protected by Ms. Kayanat - as for Rajat, lets all pray that either EK sees sense (now that even Zindagi channel has started with ZGH at the 8.00 pm slot, EK can no longer afford to sit back) and revamps her script and screenplay or RT gets himself out of this show and moves on to better pastures - Abb iska hum kuch nahin kar sakte - Akbar is Ms. Kayanat's favorite - whether RT is or not, only time will tell

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-27, 14:48

Adiana dearest,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! What an absolutely beautiful,perceptive and honest piece of character analysis!

Aapka  jadoo ka pitara to waakayi karishmani hai. The things you dig up and share with us are like facetted, sparkling gems, and their lustre lights up our minds.

And almost makes  us  forget the miseries inflicted on  us  by this abysmal show. Thank you again, my very dear girl.

I have marked the parts I liked the best in blue. I was pleased to see that this scholar shares my  views on Jalal became Akbar despite his heritage, his descent from a race of fierce warriors who gave no quarter and asked for none,  which I had noted in one of my recent posts, I cannot remember which one.

Shyamala

adianasr
Shreya just for you here are the words of Dr. Richard von Garbe on Akbar in his book -

AKBAR, EMPEROR OF INDIA
A Picture of Life and Customs from the Sixteenth Century

"When we wish to understand a personality we are in the habit of ascertaining the inherited characteristics, and investigating the influences exercised upon it by religion, family, environment, education, youthful impressions, experience, and so forth. Most men are easily comprehensible as the products of these factors. The more
independent of all such influences, or the more in opposition to them, a personality develops, the more attractive and interesting will it appear to us. At the first glance it looks as if the Emperor Akbar had developed his entire character from himself and by his own efforts in total independence of all influences which in other cases are thought to determine the character and nature of a man. A Mohammedan, a Mongol, a descendant of the monster Timur, the son of a weak incapable father, born in exile, called when but a lad to the government of a disintegrated and almost annihilated realm in the India of the sixteenth century,--which means in an age of perfidy, treachery, avarice, and self-seeking,--Akbar appears before us as a noble man, susceptible to all grand and beautiful impressions, conscientious, unprejudiced, and energetic, who knew how to bring peace and order out of the confusion of the times, who throughout his reign desired the
furtherance of his subjects' and not of his own interest, who while increasing the privileges of the Mohammedans, not only also declared equality of rights for the Hindus but even actualized that equality, who in every conceivable way sought to conciliate his subjects so widely at variance with each other in race, customs, and religion, and who finally when the narrow dogmas of his religion no longer satisfied him, attained to a purified faith in God, which was independent of all formulated religions.

A closer observation, however, shows that the contrast is not quite so harsh between what according to our hypotheses Akbar should have been as a result of the forces which build up man, and what he actually became. His predilection for science and art Akbar had inherited from his grandfather Baber and his father Humayun. His youth, which was passed among dangers and privations, in flight and in prison, was
certainly not without a beneficial influence upon Akbar's development into a man of unusual power and energy. And of significance for his spiritual development was the circumstance that after his accession to the throne his guardian put him in the charge of a most excellent tutor, the enlightened and liberal minded Persian Mir Abdul latif, who laid the foundation for Akbar's later religious and ethical views.
Still, however high we may value the influence of this teacher, the main point lay in Akbar's own endowments, his susceptibility for such teaching as never before had struck root with any Mohammedan prince. Akbar had not his equal in the history of Islam. "He is the only prince grown up in the Mohammedan creed whose endeavor it was to ennoble the limitation of this most separatistic of all religions into a true religion of humanity."

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-27, 19:43

Thank you Shyamala, we aim to please!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-27, 21:39

Some more interesting titbits on Akbar from the book of Dr Richard von Garbe -

Throughout his entire life Akbar was a tirelessly industrious, restlessly active man. By means of ceaseless activity he struggled successfully against his natural tendency to melancholy and in this way kept his mind wholesome, which is most deserving of admiration in an Oriental monarch who was brought in contact day by day with immoderate flattery and idolatrous veneration. Well did Akbar know that no Oriental nation can be governed without a display of dazzling splendor; but in the midst of the fabulous luxury with which Akbar's court was fitted out and his camp on the march, in the possession of an incomparably rich harem which accompanied the Emperor on his expeditions and journeys in large palatial tents, Akbar always showed a remarkable moderation. It is true that he abolished the prohibition of wine which Islam had inaugurated and had a court cellar in his palace, but he himself drank only a little wine and only ate once a day and then did not fully satisfy his hunger at this one meal which he ate alone and not at any definite time.[Noer]

Though he was not strictly a vegetarian yet he lived mainly on rice, milk, fruits and sweets, and meat was repulsive to him. He is said to have eaten meat hardly more than four times a year.[J.T. Wheeler]

Akbar was very fond of flowers and perfumes and especially enjoyed blooded doves whose care he well understood. About twenty thousand of these peaceful birds are said to have made their home on the battlements of his palace. His historian[Abul Fazl in Noer] relates: "His Majesty deigned to improve them in a marvelous manner by crossing the races which had not been done formerly."

Usually, however, the whole day was filled up from the first break of dawn for Akbar with affairs of government and audiences, for every one who had a request or a grievance to bring forward could have access to Akbar, and he showed the same interest in the smallest incidents as in the greatest affairs of state. He also held courts of justice wherever he happened to be residing. No criminal could be punished there without his knowledge and no sentence of death executed until Akbar had given the command three times.[J.T. Wheeler]

Not until after sunset did the Emperor's time of recreation begin. Since he only required three hours of sleep, he devoted most of the night to literary, artistic and scientific occupations. Especially poetry and music delighted his heart. He collected a large library in his palace and drew the most famous scholars and poets to his court. The most important of these were the brothers Abul Faiz (with the - nom de plume - Faizi) and Abul Fazl who have made Akbar's fame known to the whole world through their works.

When Akbar's recreation hours had come in the night the poets of his court brought their verses. Translations of famous works in Sanskrit literature, of the New Testament and of other interesting books were read aloud, all of which captivated the vivacious mind of the Emperor from which nothing was farther removed than one-sidedness and narrow-mindedness. Akbar had also a discriminating appreciation for art and industries. He himself designed the plans for some extremely beautiful candelabra, and the manufacture of tapestry reached such a state of perfection in India under his personal supervision that in those days fabrics were produced in the great imperial factories which in beauty and value excelled the famous rugs of Persia. With still more important results Akbar influenced the realm of architecture in that he discovered how to combine two completely different styles. For indeed, the union of Mohammedan and Indian motives in the buildings of Akbar (who here as in all other departments strove to perfect the complete elevation of national and religious details) to form an improved third style,[A. Mueller] is entirely original.

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by ngayou on 2014-06-27, 22:18

What a fascinating read, Adiana, thanks so much for ur effort. This man is so multifaceted & captivating.  Kaash if Ek could have done atleast some degree of justice to the onscreen Jalal we got with such a great actor as RT, alas!!

ngayou
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-28, 08:12

munni, you are just seeing ruk bhagts..do not forget that we are jalal bhagts first..and none of jodha bhagts are jalal bhagats..there are few people on IF who never say anything good about jalal, all they care is jodha's well being and importance in the show..but here we only say things when ruk being his first wife is treated shabbily to show jodha mahaan and more so by the cvz and not just jalal..i do not know about all but i am jalal bhagt all the way..any solo scene of ruk or jodha is ff for me..i only watch scenes of jalal..and these days i am amused watching maha chooochakkk!
munnirony wrote:
mandygi wrote:munni, kya hua..doesn't matter what..anytime jalal is shown weak the trps have fallen..and look at it now..it further fell..in a way i m happy that at least now the cvz might think seriously about JA..if they keep showing jodha mahaan and half baked romance the fall is bound to happen!
i had started to feel like I-F even in dhwani bcoz of "ruku bhakts". my complain is on a diff issue not about "jodha mahan". i didnt wanted to disturb peace here, thts why i dont say anything. only aunty & shradda understand my point of view. just like jodha supporters do in I-F, same is done here by ruku supporters. just like jodha supporters never accept her mistakes, so as ruku supporters. people remember only about jalal's ignorance but when i talk about ruku's ignorance after BK's death, evryone, even u put me down. if things r not judged equally then its impossible for me to stay at this place. so its better i leave so tht evryone can stay peacefully.

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-28, 08:17

thank you adi for some more info on our dearest akbar the great!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-28, 08:23

adi, i completely agree, and i really want RT to fulfill his dreams, he always wanted to become a director, hope he does well in that field whenever he gets chance to do it..ekta's show has given him a platform to rejuvinate himself after 2 years of break...and now sky should be the limit..and adi if ekta makes it sbs then the show will collapse in no time..as it already has started to crumble..i think majority people watch it for both jodha and jalal, therefore anyone shown weak will not be in favor of the show,,and ZGH is a very good show, it reminds me of hood old days of pakistani serials!
adianasr wrote:Shreya, I keep saying this - Akbar was the favorite child of my frnd Ms. Kayanat - and she will never let anyone harm him - alive or dead - so dont wrry - Akbar will be protected by Ms. Kayanat - as for Rajat, lets all pray that either EK sees sense (now that even Zindagi channel has started with ZGH at the 8.00 pm slot, EK can no longer afford to sit back) and revamps her script and screenplay or RT gets himself out of this show and moves on to better pastures - Abb iska hum kuch nahin kar sakte - Akbar is Ms. Kayanat's favorite - whether RT is or not, only time will tell

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-28, 08:33

shyamala, how was the angoori bagh scene today?..i think they both looked more relaxed and comfortable, their scenes together look half baked when they are up tight doing them..but sometimes they are at peace..lol

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-28, 09:48

@Mandy,  I knew noone will understand me dear thts why I wanted to leave dhwani. Ruku bhakts maybe be jalal bhakts but the way of talking r the same where almost criminal offences of other characters r missed out just like jodha fans do. Anyways I dont want to say anything more bcoz I dont want to fight or argue with my friends.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-28, 12:12

i can understand where u r coming from, neither ruk nor jodha are perfect and the cvz have butchered ruk's character beyond repair, and now the way jalal is ignoring ruk it is justified after what she has done..but i want the cvz to at least show jalal spend some time with ruk as i am missing ruqlal scenes..akhda scenes are good in bits and pieces but most of the times boring and repetitive!
munnirony wrote:@Mandy,  I knew noone will understand me dear thts why I wanted to leave dhwani. Ruku bhakts maybe be jalal bhakts but the way of talking r the same where almost criminal offences of other characters r missed out just like jodha fans do. Anyways I dont want to say anything more bcoz I dont want to fight or argue with my friends.

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-28, 12:43

Jodha Akbar 271: Tangled skeins

Mandy dear, the scene I really liked last night was the one of Adham Khan's horror and disgust when he realises what his mother has done to another woman, that too a Begum of the Emperor Humayun's, for his sake.  It was as revealing and touching as it was unexpected from Adham. And Chetan played that very well.

I can understand the appeal of these Jalal-Jodha scenes, but Mandy,
are they not boring and repetitive, what with him always leaning his head on her shoulder or lying in her lap?  I prefer it when the lady puts her head on the man's shoulder!  hpee This way, he always looks dependent on her.

Plus, in this angoori bagh scene, Jodha's facial expressions left a lot to be desired. She looked like a wax doll for the most part.And the range of her expressions was so predictable and dull.  Look blank, look sulky, make a mini-bhashan (though what she said about the inestimable value of his life as compared to that of anyone else made sense).
But I liked their scene the day before (despite it being the wrong shoulder! hpee ) when she speaks at length about her determination never to leave him alone from now on. It sounded remarkably like what the historical Jodha would have been like.

The downside of love: Also, as I wrote to Sara yesterday, I do not at all think that Jodha was in any way  chalu in not going to comfort Hamida but going straight to Jalal instead.

The fact is that Jodha is now panic-stricken at the very idea of losing Jalal, which came out very clearly  in that scene in the Angoori Bagh, and again at the meal. She should have insisted on tasting the food herself rather than asking Hamida Banu to do it, and she does that in the end,  but her impulse was understandable. 

This kind of ever present fear is the downside of loving anyone, a husband, a parent, a child. The spectre of loss haunts you, especially when the danger to the loved one seems omnipresent, as it is for Jodha now.

So, the main emotion in her after she learns about the latest attack, and that too thru her gift, is misery,  coupled with panic. So she rushes to him, as he is the only one who can fully understand her fears.

The other begums can be rational, as they  are not so mortally afraid for Jalal. Jodha cannot, and this  is why she does not go to her Ammijaan but to her beloved husband.

Ridiculous goings on
: What I could not understand is why there was no food taster in any case; that was mandatory in the imperial court.

Why, when the Air India people load food on o the PM's aircraft, someone has to taste the items. In the mid-1970s, when I was a very junior office, a Vice Consul, in Geneva, PM Indira Gandhi's Boeing 707 had to provisioned like this. There was none else in the Vice Consulate  at that particular time, so I acted as food taster myself, and I must say I enjoyed myself, for the food was delicious!  hpee 

So what they showed last night, with Mahaam and Ruqaiya objecting to the food tasting proposal of Jodha's, was ridiculous.

Plus, why did Hamida invite Mahaam to this meal, when she knows that Jalal does not even acknowledge her presence? Bizarre and inexplicable, don't you agree?

Todar Mal loses his marbles: As for Todar Mal,  after that very sensible scene with Zakira, he seems to be going downhill, and fast.

When confronted with the really chalu Shehnaaz, and her burnt hand that is a carbon copy of his own,  I cannot understand WHY  he did not go to Jalal at once, and inform him about his suspicions. Then it would have been for Jalal to take a call on it.  Instead, he wanders around chasing her for no discernible purpose, and ends up being conned by her, into being seen by Jodha and Moti with Shehnaaz's hands in his. It did look odd. How can such a clever man suddenly act so foolish?

Lady Dracula: As for the Malika-e-Kabul, she is not funny any more,but really scary. How I wish this Dragon Lady - or perhaps Lady Dracula given her kinky taste for human blood - had married that mottathalai thadiyan (Tamil for bald thug)! It would have been a match made in Heaven!

And that poor, benighted bali ka  bakra would have been spared. My heart goes out to the kid, looking at Lady Dracula with a kind of horrified fascination, like a bird staring at an advancing snake, so paralysed by fear that it has forgotten that it can fly. 

The Mahaepisode clashes with Dhoom 3!!: Oh, well, I am not looking forward to the mahaepisode. It is clashing with Sony's telecast  of Dhoom 3, so the  TRPs will plummet. Who will choose Jodha Akbar over Aamir Khan in Dhoom 3? Not me! The channel is as stupid as the JA CVs, it seems. hpee  I will watch it on Sunday.

Shyamala

shyamala, how was the angoori bagh scene today?..i think they both looked more relaxed and comfortable, their scenes together look half baked when they are up tight doing them..but sometimes they are at peace..lol

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-28, 14:06

sashashyamJodha Akbar 271: Tangled skeinsMandy dear, the scene I really liked last night was the one of Adham Khan's horror and disgust when he realises what his mother has done to another woman, that too a Begum of the Emperor Humayun's, for his sake.  It was as revealing and touching as it was unexpected from Adham. And Chetan played that very well.  I can understand the appeal of these Jalal-Jodha scenes, but Mandy, are they not boring and repetitive, what with him always leaning his head on her shoulder or lying in her lap?  I prefer it when the lady puts her head on the man's shoulder!   This way, he always looks dependent on her. Plus, in this angoori bagh scene, Jodha's facial expressions left a lot to be desired. She looked like a wax doll for the most part.And the range of her expressions was so predictable and dull.  Look blank, look sulky, make a mini-bhashan (though what she said about the inestimable value of his life as compared to that of anyone else made sense). But I liked their scene the day before (despite it being the wrong shoulder!  ) when she speaks at length about her determination never to leave him alone from now on. It sounded remarkably like what the historical Jodha would have been like.   The downside of love: Also, as I wrote to Sara yesterday, I do not at all think that Jodha was in any way  chalu in not going to comfort Hamida but going straight to Jalal instead.   The fact is that Jodha is now panic-stricken at the very idea of losing Jalal, which came out very clearly  in that scene in the Angoori Bagh, and again at the meal. She should have insisted on tasting the food herself rather than asking Hamida Banu to do it, and she does that in the end,  but her impulse was understandable.  This kind of ever present fear is the downside of loving anyone, a husband, a parent, a child. The spectre of loss haunts you, especially when the danger to the loved one seems omnipresent, as it is for Jodha now.  So, the main emotion in her after she learns about the latest attack, and that too thru her gift, is misery,  coupled with panic. So she rushes to him, as he is the only one who can fully understand her fears.   The other begums can be rational, as they  are not so mortally afraid for Jalal. Jodha cannot, and this  is why she does not go to her Ammijaan but to her beloved husband. Ridiculous goings on: What I could not understand is why there was no food taster in any case; that was mandatory in the imperial court. Why, when the Air India people load food on o the PM's aircraft, someone has to taste the items. In the mid-1970s, when I was a very junior office, a Vice Consul, in Geneva, PM Indira Gandhi's Boeing 707 had to provisioned like this. There was none else in the Vice Consulate  at that particular time, so I acted as food taster myself, and I must say I enjoyed myself, for the food was delicious!   So what they showed last night, with Mahaam and Ruqaiya objecting to the food tasting proposal of Jodha's, was ridiculous.Plus, why did Hamida invite Mahaam to this meal, when she knows that Jalal does not even acknowledge her presence? Bizarre and inexplicable, don't you agree?Todar Mal loses his marbles: As for Todar Mal,  after that very sensible scene with Zakira, he seems to be going downhill, and fast. When confronted with the really chalu Shehnaaz, and her burnt hand that is a carbon copy of his own,  I cannot understand WHY  he did not go to Jalal at once, and inform him about his suspicions. Then it would have been for Jalal to take a call on it.  Instead, he wanders around chasing her for no discernible purpose, and ends up being conned by her, into being seen by Jodha and Moti with Shehnaaz's hands in his. It did look odd. How can such a clever man suddenly act so foolish? Lady Dracula: As for the Malika-e-Kabul, she is not funny any more,but really scary. How I wish this Dragon Lady - or perhaps Lady Dracula given her kinky taste for human blood - had married that mottathalai thadiyan (Tamil for bald thug)! It would have been a match made in Heaven!   And that poor, benighted bali ka  bakra would have been spared. My heart goes out to the kid, looking at Lady Dracula with a kind of horrified fascination, like a bird staring at an advancing snake, so paralysed by fear that it has forgotten that it can fly.  The Mahaepisode clashes with Dhoom 3!!: Oh, well, I am not looking forward to the mahaepisode. 
It is clashing with Sony's telecast  of Dhoom 3,
 so the  TRPs will 
plummet. Who will 
choose Jodha Akbar over 
Aamir Khan in Dhoom 3? Not me!
 viewers 
know that D3 is waste 
of time (they r still
confused how it crossed 
500 crore),plus its coming
on sony so no effect on JA.
Just my POV becoz sony
channel lacks viewership.

The channel is as stupid as the JA CVs, it seems.   I will watch it on Sunday.

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-28, 14:09

sashashyam wrote:
Jodha Akbar 271: Tangled skeins

Mandy dear, the only scene I really liked last night was the one of Adham Khan's horror and disgust when he realises what his mother has done to another woman, that too a Begum of the Emperor Humayun's, for his sake.  It was as revealing and touching as it was unexpected from Adham. And Chetan played that very well.

It made him more human and Mahaam Anga more of a devil. Aadham's evil is more brash but ma is calculative and heartless.

I can understand the appeal of these Jalal-Jodha scenes, but Mandy,
are they not boring and repetitive, what with him always leaning his head on her shoulder or lying in her lap?  I prefer it when the lady puts her head on the man's shoulder!  hpee This way, he always looks dependent on her.

They are so boring and look forced for most part. The dialogues too are uninteresting. What  was jo doing with the diyas in Angoori bagh?  Jalal talks of 'a year ago' when 2 gangaurs have gone by with 2 holis in between.  The talks lack substance and are stale with lying on the lap and shoulder leans. Repetitive talks of bachcha. All talk and no actionEvil or Very Mad 

Plus, in this angoori bagh scene, Jodha's facial expressions left a lot to be desired. She looked like a wax doll for the most part.And the range of her expressions was so predictable and dull.  Look blank, look sulky, make a mini-bhashan (though what she said about the inestimable value of his life as compared to that of anyone else made sense).
But I liked their scene the day before (despite it being the wrong shoulder! hpee ) when she speaks at length about her determination never to leave him alone from now on. It sounded remarkably like what the historical Jodha would have been like.

The mini bhaashan was not bad as what was said was true. 

The downside of love: Also, as I wrote to Sara yesterday, I do not at all think that Jodha was in any way  chalu in not going to comfort Hamida but going straight to Jalal instead.

The fact is that Jodha is now panic-stricken at the very idea of losing Jalal, which came out very clearly  in that scene in the Angoori Bagh, and again at the meal. She should have insisted on tasting the food herself rather than asking Hamida Banu to do it, and she does that in the end,  but her impulse was understandable. 

She is back to ben track mood. Seeing danger every where which was natural after her gift was made the weapon

This kind of ever present fear is the downside of loving anyone, a husband, a parent, a child. The spectre of loss haunts you, especially when the danger to the loved one seems omnipresent, as it is for Jodha now.

So, the main emotion in her after she learns about the latest attack, and that too thru her gift, is misery,  coupled with panic. So she rushes to him, as he is the only one who can fully understand her fears.

The other begums can be rational, as they  are not so mortally afraid for Jalal. Jodha cannot, and this  is why she does not go to her Ammijaan but to her beloved husband.

Ridiculous goings on: What I could not understand is why there was no food taster in any case; that was mandatory in the imperial court.

May be the food taster is given a break when family members cook. That is why Jodha's food made spicy by ma was not tasted by anyone. But when the same was suggested bt MA in the earlier episodes when she insisted on tasting the kheer prepared by HB, HB was not so pleased seeing someone protect her son even when she was the party concerned.  Why such double standards HB ji. .

Why, when the Air India people load food on o the PM's aircraft, someone has to taste the items. In the mid-1970s, when I was a very junior office, a Vice Consul, in Geneva, PM Indira Gandhi's Boeing 707 had to provisioned like this. There was none else in the Vice Consulate  at that particular time, so I acted as food taster myself, and I must say I enjoyed myself, for the food was delicious!  hpee 

So what they showed last night, with Mahaam and Ruqaiya objecting to the food tasting proposal of Jodha's, was ridiculous.

Plus, why did Hamida invite Mahaam to this meal, when she knows that Jalal does not even acknowledge her presence? Bizarre and inexplicable, don't you agree?
Todar Mal loses his marbles: As for Todar Mal, confronted with the really chalu Shehnaaz, I cannot understand WHY  he did not go to Jalal at once after he had seen her burnt hand, and inform him about his suspicions. Then it would have been for Jalal to take a call on it.  Instead, he wanders around chasing her for no discernible purpose, and ends up being conned into being seen by Jodha and Moti with Shehnaaz's hands in his. It did look odd. How can such a clever man suddenly act so foolish?

With the Shahenshah-e-Hind wanting him to narmi se pesh aana with everyone he might have been unsure if Jelal will agree to Shehnaaz being interrogated without proofs.

Lady Dracula: As for the Malika-e-Kabul, she is not funny any more,but really scary.
How I wish this Dragon Lady - or perhaps Lady Dracula given her kinky taste for human blood - had married that mottathalai thadiyan (Tamil for bald thug)! It would have been a match made in Heaven!

And that poor, benighted bali ka  bakra would have been spared. My heart goes out to the kid, looking at Lady Dracula with a kind of horrified fascination, like a bird staring at an advancing snake, so paralysed by fear that it has forgotten that it can fly. 

Hope he does a teakwood and elopes with chuchak's daughter. But if he is caught, Kabul is no Agra where any offense is forgiven in the name of love. 

The Mahaepisode clashes with Dhoom 3!!: Oh, well, I am not looking forward to the mahaepisode. It is clashing with Sony's telecast  of Dhoom 3, so the  TRPs will plummet. Who will choose Jodha Akbar over Aamir Khan in Dhoom 3? Not me! The channel is as stupid as the JA CVs, it seems. hpee  I will watch it on Sunday.

Shyamala

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-28, 15:26

mandygi wrote:i can understand where u r coming from, neither ruk nor jodha are perfect and the cvz have butchered ruk's character beyond repair, and now the way jalal is ignoring ruk it is justified after what she has done..but i want the cvz to at least show jalal spend some time with ruk as i am missing ruqlal scenes..akhda scenes are good in bits and pieces but most of the times boring and repetitive!
munnirony wrote:@Mandy,  I knew noone will understand me dear thts why I wanted to leave dhwani. Ruku bhakts maybe be jalal bhakts but the way of talking r the same where almost criminal offences of other characters r missed out just like jodha fans do. Anyways I dont want to say anything more bcoz I dont want to fight or argue with my friends.
i just wanted to say if jalal is wrong, tht doesnt justify jodha or ruku's fault. but both the groups want to give them a clean chit blaming it on jalal. if jalal's ignorance is criticized lets criticize ruku for ignoring jalal after BK's death as well. ruku hiding maham's criminal offence is entirely her responsibility. just like we always said tht if jalal is wrong shouting at jodha, jodha is also wrong hiding facts from jalal. i dont have an issue with criticizing jalal, i also do the same, but just like aunty & shradda see the things in an unbiased way i also expect the same from others bcoz for me dhwani people r diff from I-F.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-28, 15:33

aunty, how can jalal & jodha be so careless??? how both can allow jodha & HB to taste the food??? & jodha is worried for jalal but not for HB & actually smiles when HB says she will taste the mughalai food?? strange!!!! its just like SB during benz track who despite knowing the truth, allowed jodha & even jalal to drink tht poison. i know evryone is liking todermal & also zakira was gud but again the main leads dumben down show the others intelligent. Bang

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-28, 17:48

I doubt it very much, Priyanka. I do not know which "viewers" you are talking about with  such sweeping certitude, for the reports of Dhoom 3  being a huge success were pretty much universal, and if it made that much money, a lot of seats must have been filled.

I have not seen Dhoom 3 in the theatre or on DVD, and irrespective of your take on it, I have every intention of watching it. So will lakhs of others, and I am sure they are not going to give up on D3 for a (guaranteed to be  stupid) mahaepisode of JA which will be shown again at 12 noon on Sunday.

The Sony group  may not be getting top viewership in general, but that is not the point.If the IPL is shown on Setmax, almost everyone  at home goes there, not to whatever is being shown on Zee or Star Plus, which is why the other channels, even the top ones, lie low during the IPL. . It might well be the same with Dhoom 3.  Viewers go where they want to, they do not glue themselves to a  single channel, or avoid another irrespective of what is on offer.

Shyamala Aunty

shiningways2407

sashashyamJodha Akbar 271: Tangled skeins
It is clashing with Sony's telecast  of Dhoom 3,
 so the  TRPs will 
plummet. Who will 
choose Jodha Akbar over 
Aamir Khan in Dhoom 3? Not me!
 viewers 
know that D3 is waste 
of time (they r still
confused how it crossed 
500 crore),plus its coming
on sony so no effect on JA.
Just my POV becoz sony
channel lacks viewership.

The channel is as stupid as the JA CVs, it seems.   I will watch it on Sunday.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-28, 18:03

sashashyamI doubt it very much, Priyanka.  I do not 
know which "viewers" you are talking about

I m talking
about viewers who
have watched the
movies in theatres or
DVD,n I guess majority
have watched it. But
thats simply my POV becoz recently
no big movies
on sony was able to
grab viewers attention

with  such sweeping certitude, for the reports of Dhoom 3  being a huge success were pretty much universal, and if it made that much money, a lot of seats must have been filled.I have not seen Dhoom 3 in the theatre or on DVD, and irrespective of your take on it, I have every intention of watching it.
 my comment
was definetly not
meant for stopping
u from watching the
movie
 So will lakhs of others, and I am sure they are not going to give up on D3 for a (guaranteed to be  stupid) mahaepisode of JA which will be shown again at 12 noon on Sunday.  The Sony group  may not be getting top viewership in general, but that is not the point.If the IPL is shown on Setmax, almost everyone  at home goes there, not to whatever is being shown on Zee or Star Plus, which is why the other channels, even the top ones, lie low during the IPL 
IPL is promoted in
every channel be
it kids channel,
entertaintment channel,music
channel,
discovery or news.this
is not the case with
blockbuster movies. 
. . It might well be the same with Dhoom 3.  Viewers go where they want to, they do not glue themselves to a  single channel, or avoid another irrespective of what is on offer.  Shyamala Auntyshiningways2407sashashyamJodha Akbar 271: Tangled skeinsIt is clashing with Sony's telecast  of Dhoom 3, so the  TRPs will plummet. Who will choose Jodha Akbar over Aamir Khan in Dhoom 3? Not me! viewers know that D3 is waste of time (they r stillconfused how it crossed 500 crore),plus its comingon sony so no effect on JA.Just my POV becoz sonychannel lacks viewership.  The channel is as stupid as the JA CVs, it seems.   I will watch it on Sunday.

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:50

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum