Latest topics

AA:Ekta’s my friend, mentor: Karan Patel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AA:Ekta’s my friend, mentor: Karan Patel

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-07-05, 06:57

Karan Patel headlines Yeh Hai Mohabbatein with Divyanka Tripathi, and his sizeable (female) fan following tunes in every night, not only to lap up his hunky good looks, but also his intense acting prowess. In a chat with Natasha Coutinho, Karan talks about his co-stars and how he handles those intense emotional scenes:

You and Ekta Kapoor have had a pretty long association. What’s it like, working with her?
Ekta is not just a friend, but also a mentor and guide. It’s her belief in me that helps me perform on screen, and I hope, so much better with every new show that she gives me. I love her and nothing in this world will ever change our equation.

Your chemistry with Divyanka has been appreciated by viewers. What do you feel makes your jodi such a loved one?
Well I think we both try to keep it as natural as possible. Theirs is not an out-of-this-world romance and people can relate to it. That’s the beauty of our relationship. The love is subtle, the way it is in normal homes no singing songs etc. I think that does the magic! When love is there, it’s there and one doesn’t need to shout from the rooftops to prove it. That’s what we try to do through our show. To be appreciated feels nice; it means we’re doing something right.

Tell us about your off screen relationship with your onscreen daughter Ruhi.

Oh she is the most adorable one on set! I can’t help but be protective towards her. She’s captured everyone’s heart. She’s naughty but an angel and everyone’s favourite.

What was the toughest scene in the show?
My first shot/scene for the show… I was getting back to TV after a hiatus and even though one loves their work, there’s always that initial jittery feeling. That’s something you remember, otherwise there’s been no tough scene as such.

What’s been a memorable thing a fan has done for you?
Luckily, I keep experiencing them almost every day. Recently, a fan had made this huge beautiful card for me with a collage of all of my pictures, starting right from my first show. She had it couriered and had taken special care that it didn’t get crushed or spoilt while being delivered. I was touched.

Which of your co-stars do you get along with best?
I get along well with all my co-stars. Contrary to the belief that I am reserved, I am actually a fun-loving guy. Divyanka, Anita (Hassanandani) all of us get along superbly.

Is there something you would like to change about the TV industry?
Nothing really. I love the industry and the medium and will always do so.

Age Correspondent 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum