Latest topics

BOBBY JASOOS---My thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BOBBY JASOOS---My thoughts

Post by pollyanna on 2014-07-06, 15:20

Everybody loves surprises; good one, that is!

And this is precisely what I expected when I booked myself for Samar Sheikh’s directorial debut, Bobby Jasoos only to be left with an empty feeling and a song on my lips—abhi mujh mein kahi baaki hai thodi zindagi (and this time I have a film on my mind which went horribly wrong somewhere )

Care to explain? Here you go…

1.       It’s said that nowadays half of the revenues n eyeballs gathered are even before the movie hits the screens on Friday- thanks to the era of marketing and sadly the misplaced promotional tactics employed take a major chunk of credit for the dismal show of BJ. The movie was showcased as a mystery puzzle on the lines of homegrown CIDgiri with the lead protagonist being a female donning as many as 12 avatars. The movie fails poorly on both the counts as the” missing people case”  has missed the point grossly  and will put any CID episode aired on Sony to shame. Secondly, all the hats (disguises) which Vidya wears are blink and miss frames. So, to be honest and candid, the USP of the film as seen by the marketing team are definitely not on the same page as the makers.

2.       I feel it’s very important for a director to have the same vision of the film as the producers and writers. Somehow, even though the story must have looked great on paper (guess that’s the very reason for an ensemble cast which boasts of powerhouse talents), the toothless script (bypassing the relevant) and lackluster direction (ignoring the fine prints) were a major let down. The mystery thriller conceived earlier on the drawing board took a roller coaster ride and ended up having a feminist angle (a farcical one) and a family drama( a forced one)—typical of the many Indian television shows which start off as a path breaking concept and end up at the altar of TRP.

Now to some positives: 3 reasons to cheer---

1.       Oasis in desert—the  song “Tu” beautiful composition(Shantanu, Swanand), lovely rendition(Papon, Shreya) and exemplary cinematography(Vishal Sinha)

2.       Nainon ka naya Taara--Ali Fazal –The Fukrey actor is here to stay and as a lead, marked his stamp with subtle nuances, extraordinary screen presence and confident acting chops.

3.       She-man—Vidya Balan—No one in BW would have pulled this role other than VB; she is brilliant and a treat to watch. If only the script would have favored her a little more.

Signing off, make a judicious choice J

Enjoy the melodious number-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS04lOF5bNY

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: BOBBY JASOOS---My thoughts

Post by trintring on 2014-07-06, 17:12

Nice one Pallo. I was also looking forward to the movie but all the reviews have been pretty bad, specially about the second half. It sounds like they wanted to try too many things and ended up creating a mess. Will check out the song :)

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-07-06, 17:15

just watched the song... does Ali Fazal look younger than Vidya or is it just me :S He is pretty cute though.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-07-06, 17:23

thanks for the review...will have to look up the song...i have only heard one and wasnt to keen...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-07-07, 11:17

trintring wrote:Nice one Pallo. I was also looking forward to the movie but all the reviews have been pretty bad, specially about the second half. It sounds like they wanted to try too many things and ended up creating a mess. Will check out the song :)

Thanks Trin.....true..they lost the plot in between, digressed from the objective...hence not at all a hit....

Ali luks younger to Vidya...but i liked the chemistry......though very few scenes of them together in one frame.....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-07-07, 11:19

sarra0 wrote:thanks for the review...will have to look up the song...i have only heard one and wasnt to keen...

Yeah Sarra...i guess u heard  sweety which was not at all nice....

Tu is a good number...has old world charm...

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum