Latest topics

Ek Phool Mein Meri Jawaani Hai... Ek Chehra Meri Nishaani Hai...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ek Phool Mein Meri Jawaani Hai... Ek Chehra Meri Nishaani Hai...

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 20:31

slmu wrote:
Sure he is a dad too.. but here when there is a conflict in responsibilities.. he should be doing what is right. And Ishu's trust would also be boosted because in spite of being in such a position he is trusting her to help him out by telling her what's happening.

About Adi.. Raman is employing all sorts of illegal means to save Shagun (destroying camera footage, bribing policemen). After the dust settles, he turns around and tells Adi never do this, its wrong?
PD! In the real world, idealism rarely works! And Raman is new here... he will have to make mistakes first. Only then can he become better. But even then, I feel that whatever he is doing is understandable.
As for Adi, I don't think he will be told how exactly he is being protected.
Raman knows what he is doing... witness his rage when he blasts Shagun, "Look at what you have brought me down to!"

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-07-08, 20:35

sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:
Sure he is a dad too.. but here when there is a conflict in responsibilities.. he should be doing what is right. And Ishu's trust would also be boosted because in spite of being in such a position he is trusting her to help him out by telling her what's happening.

About Adi.. Raman is employing all sorts of illegal means to save Shagun (destroying camera footage, bribing policemen). After the dust settles, he turns around and tells Adi never do this, its wrong?
PD! In the real world, idealism rarely works! And Raman is new here... he will have to make mistakes first. Only then can he become better. But even then, I feel that whatever he is doing is understandable.
Raman knows what he is doing... witness his rage when he blasts Shagun, "Look at what you have brought me down to!"

Adi may not know how he is being protected, but he is old enough to know that knocking down a woman and leaving her to die on the road is wrong. So anything done to save that act from punishment is probably wrong too.

I agree that Raman has to make mistakes to get better but i still maintain that his way is wrong. He has seen enough of the Iyers to know that if he asked them, they would not press charges.. remember Mrs. I lied to police because Mrs. B asked her to. I guess we just have to agree to disagree there  hpee

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 20:41

slmu wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:

Adi may not know how he is being protected, but he is old enough to know that knocking down a woman and leaving her to die on the road is wrong. So anything done to save that act from punishment is probably wrong too.

I agree that Raman has to make mistakes to get better but i still maintain that his way is wrong. He has seen enough of the Iyers to know that if he asked them, they would not press charges.. remember Mrs. I lied to police because Mrs. B asked her to. I guess we just have to agree to disagree there  hpee

how am I disagreeing... I did say... Raman is making mistakes.  hppy  Twisted Evil 

What I am saying is that I have no issues with the way the story is progressing. Also that I understand where Raman is coming from.

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-07-08, 20:43

sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:

how am I disagreeing... I did say... Raman is making mistakes.  hppy  Twisted Evil 

What I am saying is that I have no issues with the way the story is progressing. Also that I understand where Raman is coming from.

Disagreeing in the sense that its understandable where Raman is coming from  hppy

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 20:48

slmu wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

Disagreeing in the sense that its understandable where Raman is coming from  hppy

That is because u r taking the textbook view.
I am talking about the human factor and practicalities. If it were one of our kids would we run to the authorities? No we would try to hide it too. The only issue is... discussing it with the victims. Raman isn't sure of them yet. It is his son's life. He was afraid to approach the Iyers.
Left to himself, he would have got round to it. But a lot of things happened before he could.

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-07-08, 20:56

Appuse brilliant post..loved reading it.

Agree that Shagun kind of people do exist but for me I cant approve of what she does as right..leaving Raman and going behind Ashok for money yes to some extent she has the right to choose but then her timing was bad..she shouldnt have had kids..once she has them its her responsibility to take care of them otherwise she doesnt have any right to have kids and leave them on the streets..it would have happened if Mrs B and Raman didnt take care of Ruhi..

Raman hiding things from Ishu is wrong but if you put it tht way as a parent then sigh I guess if it was my child I might have done the same...yeah..he knows he is doing wrong but still doing it.

If you come to Indian shows then Raman and others have to do wrong only then the bahus can forgive them and show their mahanta  hppy 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-07-08, 21:01

sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:

I am talking about the human factor and practicalities. If it were one of our kids would we run to the authorities? No we would try to hide it too. The only issue is... discussing it with the victims. Raman isn't sure of them yet. It is his son's life. He was afraid to approach the Iyers.
Left to himself, he would have got round to it. But a lot of things happened before he could.

When in that instant he found out about the accident and then said I'll not let anything happen.. that I can understand. What I can't, is how he has gone about getting evidence destroyed etc. That speaks of a calm mind. Sure, he has been feeling guilty.. but he has still gone around doing the wrong thing. He should have thrown himself at the mercy of the Iyers.

I still feel covering up a crime does not teach children anything. Of course, when it comes down to ones own child, matters would be different.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 21:06

slmu wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

When in that instant he found out about the accident and then said I'll not let anything happen.. that I can understand. What I can't, is how he has gone about getting evidence destroyed etc. That speaks of a calm mind. Sure, he has been feeling guilty.. but he has still gone around doing the wrong thing. He should have thrown himself at the mercy of the Iyers.

I still feel covering up a crime does not teach children anything. Of course, when it comes down to ones own child, matters would be different.
Exactly!!!
Remember how Raman acted all superior and judgemental when Mrs. B went against Ishu in the case of Param the Scum?
This is Karma's answer!
Have you thought about that?
I'd love it when Mrs. B asks him that!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-07-08, 21:07

sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
Yes, it is the most realistic show on telly right now...but if you think about it...there are these weird moments...For example, the lecture Raman gave to Shagun after their dance at Mihir's engagement party. Okay we can still think it's his anger at Shagun's betrayal speaking through him in that scene, which also makes him insult Shagun for not having an identity since she is still not married to Ashok. But then why should Ishita try to put Shagun down by pointing out that Shagun was not even a trophy wife but just a trophy..It's these moments of moralising that gets me down. Is it too much to ask for a story that avoids taking the moral high ground every single time it tries to deal with matters that might go against 'conventional indian morality' whatever that is.
But yes, I love YHM because it is the closest thing that comes to a show that is about the urban society that I am a part of.

hppy Oh, That wasn't lecturing or moralizing from Raman and Ishita!
They were getting back at her. Don't forget, Shagun was the first one to go ahead into "Panga Lena" mode. Both Raman and Ishu weren't Mahan enough to let it go! They just gave it back, tit for tat.
but taking that particular line of argument...urgh...well, i suppose if you look at it that way then it's just them trying to do a bit of mud-slinging...but it's still irritating that Ishita, who is an educated girl (so, I'm assuming she's familiar with feminist thought) would consider it to be an insult if she points out that Shagun is in a live-in relationship with someone.

what has that got to do with education. Ishu is still traditional. I am educated... but I am not all in favour of live-in relationships
But I don't go sermonizing either

To be in a live-in relationship is completely a matter of choice..and even if one does not want to be in such a relationship oneself, one can accept it when others do. It is possible to be 'traditional' and still not judge people. After all to be 'traditional' is also a choice. Anyway, it is pointless thinking about this because the very framework of a soap opera marginalises anything that is seen as going against social conventions. But the point I am trying to make is that our society is changing and changing very quickly. YHM is able to capture some of the issues that people around us can identify with. However, with the changes, people's moralities are also changing. It is this that the show is not able to acknowledge fully.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 21:09

zuzana wrote:Appuse brilliant post..loved reading it.

Agree that Shagun kind of people do exist but for me I cant approve of what she does as right..leaving Raman and going behind Ashok for money yes to some extent she has the right to choose but then her timing was bad..she shouldnt have had kids..once she has them its her responsibility to take care of them otherwise she doesnt have any right to have kids and leave them on the streets..it would have happened if Mrs B and Raman didnt take care of Ruhi..

Raman hiding things from Ishu is wrong but if you put it tht way as a parent then sigh I guess if it was my child I might have done the same...yeah..he knows he is doing wrong but still doing it.

If you come to Indian shows then Raman and others have to do wrong only then the bahus can forgive them and show their mahanta  hppy 

long hug Thank you!
Shagun doesn't think... she merely lives. The rest of us live judiciously!
About Bahus forgiving... yes, that too!
But I have a feeling Ishu will end up feeling guilty

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 21:12

hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

hppy Oh, That wasn't lecturing or moralizing from Raman and Ishita!
They were getting back at her. Don't forget, Shagun was the first one to go ahead into "Panga Lena" mode. Both Raman and Ishu weren't Mahan enough to let it go! They just gave it back, tit for tat.
but taking that particular line of argument...urgh...well, i suppose if you look at it that way then it's just them trying to do a bit of mud-slinging...but it's still irritating that Ishita, who is an educated girl (so, I'm assuming she's familiar with feminist thought) would consider it to be an insult if she points out that Shagun is in a live-in relationship with someone.

what has that got to do with education. Ishu is still traditional. I am educated... but I am not all in favour of live-in relationships

To be in a live-in relationship is completely a matter of choice..and even if one does not want to be in such a relationship oneself, one can accept it when others do. It is possible to be 'traditional' and still not judge people. After all to be 'traditional' is also a choice. Anyway, it is pointless thinking about this because the very framework of a soap opera marginalises anything that is seen as going against social conventions. But the point I am trying to make is that our society is changing and changing very quickly. YHM is able to capture some of the issues that people around us can identify with. However, with the changes, people's moralities are also changing. It is this that the show is not able to acknowledge fully.

The show cannot acknowledge that.

however, in this case, you cannot say Shagun is ok with a live-in relationship. Ashok had promised marriage and she is holding him to it. her frustrations arises from his refusal to honour his promise

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2014-07-08, 21:14

Appu simply loved reading the post.True,fiction we read is much closer to reality than what we like to view..We Humans are surely weird in our ways...I think women not only in India in the progressive west too are also criticized for being selfish when it comes to young kids..

The case of the death of a 22 month child who was left in the car seat in the sweltering 90 degree heat for seven hours is talk of the media here...The father had apparently forgotten to drop the child to daycare...

But the media scrutiny is unrelenting for the mom too though she has not been charged...it ranges from her not normal behaviour in grieving to having searched for car related deaths of kids and pets in the past...

That is the diktat of society everywhere mothers are supposed to be the selfless ones.. 
If the dad is,then it is a bonus not the norm...

Last edited by sunshine99 on 2014-07-08, 21:16; edited 1 time in total

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-07-08, 21:15

sonshine487 wrote:

long hug Thank you!

guilty why  Shocked Shocked 

and another kostin..Adi is a young boy of 11 yrs even if he had run over amma it was an accident and a young boy would be not punished I guess.. Shocked hey dont need to hide all this as he wont be punsihed by court

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-07-08, 21:16

sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:

The show cannot acknowledge that.

however, in this case, you cannot say Shagun is ok with a live-in relationship. Ashok had promised marriage and she is holding him to it. her frustrations arises from his refusal to honour his promise

I know!! And that itself gives such a weird angle to their relationship. People who choose to have a live-in relationship, do so because they do not believe in the institution of marriage. Here, their relationship status is actually a comment on their relationship itself. It weakens Shagun's position in Ashok's life. I am hoping that this track would end up with Ashok somehow feeling insecure about Shagun and her 'loyalty' towards him and them ending up getting hitched!  Twisted Evil 

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 21:36

sunshine99 wrote:Appu simply loved reading the post.True,fiction we read is much closer to reality than what we like to view..We Humans are surely weird in our ways...I think women not only in India in the progressive west too are also criticized for being selfish when it comes to young kids..

The case of the death of a 22 month child who was left in the car seat in the sweltering 90 degree heat for seven hours is talk of the media here...The father had apparently forgotten to drop the child to daycare...

But the media scrutiny is unrelenting for the mom too though she has not been charged...it ranges from her not normal behaviour in grieving to having searched for car related deaths of kids and pets in the past...

That is the diktat of society everywhere mothers are supposed to be the selfless ones.. 
If the dad is,then it is a bonus not the norm...

that's shocking, koel!
yes, mothers are criticized more
it has always been the case

as for selfish versus the selfless... only think... if the world were littered with only Parvatis, Tulsis and so on... how boring it would be. We really do need the occasional Shaguns and Komolikas

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 21:53

zuzana wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

long hug Thank you!

guilty why  Shocked Shocked 

and another kostin..Adi is a young boy of 11 yrs even if he had run over amma it was an accident and a young boy would be not punished I guess.. Shocked hey dont need to hide all this as he wont be punsihed by court

about the Adi issue. She thinks it is Shagun and when it turns out that Raman was trying to protect Adi... Ishu is not the kind of woman to be unkind to a child... especially Raman's child
I don't know about the age limit in legal matters...
below 7 years... they need not take oath in court.
below 12 years they are not criminally responsible.
but when it comes to homicide or culpable homicide or manslaughter... I think there are exceptions. besides kids don't go scot-free... even if they are not tried in criminal courts, they are tried in juvenile courts and they sometimes serve time in juvenile homes. That is very very traumatic. to escape that, it has to be proved that it was indeed an accident. but the difficulty here is if Adi was actually driving the car... he is not supposed to do that... and he knows it

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 21:57

hooked wrote:
I know!! And that itself gives such a weird angle to their relationship. People who choose to have a live-in relationship, do so because they do not believe in the institution of marriage. Here, their relationship status is actually a comment on their relationship itself. It weakens Shagun's position in Ashok's life. I am hoping that this track would end up with Ashok somehow feeling insecure about Shagun and her 'loyalty' towards him and them ending up getting hitched!  Twisted Evil 
Ashok and Shagun deserve each other  hppy 
however, being utterly familiar with Ekta's star signs and horoscope... unlikely that these two school bullies will ever get hitched
Ekta needs Shagun to be available whenever Ishra story needs a *twist*  Twisted Evil

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-07-08, 22:01

sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
however, being utterly familiar with Ekta's star signs and horoscope... unlikely that these two school bullies will ever get hitched
Ekta needs Shagun to be available whenever Ishra story needs a *twist*  Twisted Evil

hehe! I was hoping to see a marriage between those two. Theirs is certainly a match blessed by Lucifer himself!!! But you are right...probably not going to happen. Param is also trying his best to create problems in their relationship and anyway, Mr. Ashok Khanna doesn't do marriages though he is ready to shell out money to raise his partner's kids.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 22:35

hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:

hehe! I was hoping to see a marriage between those two.
It wouldn't be pretty
Theirs is certainly a match blessed by Lucifer himself!!! But you are right...probably not going to happen. Param is also trying his best to create problems in their relationship and anyway, Mr. Ashok Khanna doesn't do marriages though he is ready to shell out money to raise his partner's kids.

He does it only because he knows Raman won't like it. Oh, he is fond of Shagun. But he is not in love with her. He is as sincere as he could possibly be... just not enough

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-07-08, 22:44

sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:

It wouldn't be pretty
Theirs is certainly a match blessed by Lucifer himself!!! But you are right...probably not going to happen. Param is also trying his best to create problems in their relationship and anyway, Mr. Ashok Khanna doesn't do marriages though he is ready to shell out money to raise his partner's kids.

He does it only because he knows Raman won't like it. Oh, he is fond of Shagun. But he is not in love with her. He is as sincere as he could possibly be... just not enough
oh well, but he did get jealous when he saw Shagun was spending more and more time with Raman! won't lose hope yet!

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-08, 22:58

hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

It wouldn't be pretty

oh well, but he did get jealous when he saw Shagun was spending more and more time with Raman! won't lose hope yet!

Sarra is right, you know! Ashok is more "in love" with Raman than he is in love with Shagun
 ROFL

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-07-08, 23:35

sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:

It wouldn't be pretty

Sarra is right, you know! Ashok is more "in love" with Raman than he is in love with Shagun
 ROFL
I knowwww!!!! They are totally 'ship-worthy!!!!  hppy 

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-07-09, 08:35

Appu .. long hug interesting post.,

its nice to read you in yhm .. you have justified all characters shown here.,

and as you said its a Indian soap so, maiya will not pair shagun and ashok..is my guess. shagun is a total selfish woman., and the reason pointed out by you for leaving Ruhi behind and taking Adi along with her is very correct., and one more thing is Adi can be manipulated and he is Raman's weak point.. this woman is so calculative at tat point.. if she had left her son also for the sake of new found love, she can be considered as blind folded by the desire of luxurious life. but she took the key with her, through which she could operate Raman whenever she wants. she needs ashok's possession but not a wife status. just after Ishita's entry in Raman life, she realises the power of wife. she herself is happy to be considered as a won over trophy.. she still believes she could back to Raman life through adi if ashok leaves her.,

and Ashok as we all know Is going to
throw her one fine day .,

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-07-09, 13:44

hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

ROFL

I love it when they serenade each other everytime they meet... Shagun Ishita jaaye tel lene!
 ROFL

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-07-09, 13:51

sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
hooked wrote:

ROFL

I love it when they serenade each other everytime they meet... Shagun Ishita jaaye tel lene!
 ROFL

I know!!! It's like they have some kind of seventh sense that lets them know when the other one is anywhere near...very romantic!
 notty 

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:27

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum