Latest topics

Laut Aao Trisha - Blank Slate !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laut Aao Trisha - Blank Slate !

Post by Tanthya on 2014-07-25, 19:43

Laut Aao Trisha, Come Back Trisha is the story of a young girl from well to do class who vanishes in the darkness of the night! What happened to her? How and Why did she disappear? Are the family involved in the disappearance, if so, what guilty secrets  do they hold within that should not be spilled out? These questions constitute the skeletal wireframe of LAT!

The episode begins on a note of celebration, of revelry  when the younger lots decide that they want to have a party of their own, away from the prying eyes of the elders  where they can let loose and celebrate being young.

The party is in full swing with the protagonist Trisha letting drip heavy dialogues portending the  imminent disappearance and like all good people this heavy clue is suitably ignored after few seconds of vapours (from the mother)...

The curfew or cut off time comes and goes without the appearance of the golden girl, Naturally , Amrita/Ami gets anxious and starts bombarding Trisha's phone  but calls are not returned nor acknowledged, after a point.. the anxiety turns to panic and a quick search of premises  turns up no signs of TRISHA!!

TRISHA  has Vanished right in the middle of the party,  happening in a resort..Trisha disappears like the  mist of winters vanishing under the first rays of warm buttery sun.

The daughter of a business tycoon vanishes can the world  have the temerity to remain the Same? No, Sireyyy ... The  sluggish Police force swings into action oiled by money, power n threat, assigns a brash,taciturn investigator to sniff out the truth.

Investigation begins and slowly a confusing , contradictory picture emerges nevertheless a picture which shows that things are not what they appear to be, there are eddies and undercurrent coursing through in what appears to be a placid lake. Long buried skeletons stir in uneasy sleep.. How many of these will be dug up and exorcised and how many shall stay buried, we are yet to know..

This is a comeback of Bhagyashree into celluloid , since she was  known more as a pretty face than an actor, there was no expectations regarding her role or her acting yet she disappoints. There is no traces of  worry or concern on her face nor does her voice convey any grief..  She must stop her mewling whenever she mentions Trisha for it just incites you to gag her rather than empathize with her.

Jai Kalra, I had heard much about him though I had not seen his acting before  and I must confess that I was glad that I did not know he was the archetypal wooden actor cuz with Bhagyashree's mewling and his wooden countenance in reckoning, I would never have tuned in for this show.

The rest of the cast that is the senior brigade more than make up for it,there is a sequence where the grieving parents of Trisha are absent and the whole scene is carried on Rajeshwari and other actor's shoulders.. I must say that was the scene that actually stayed with me .

Eijaz Khan as the morose, sabre tongued  detective disappoints ,  Knowing his work and having watched him I am actually surprised at his stiffness and his disjointed acting. The forced brashness stands out as the thorn of the cactus and the humor that is injected in watsonesque ode is simply sour and does not evoke any laughter. Since Eijaz and his deputy are both competent actors , I wonder where the issue lies..

Laut Aao Trisha is strong concept with incest, secrets, trust, betrayal  but if such shoddy acting continues, then Trisha may choose not to come back..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Laut Aao Trisha - Blank Slate !

Post by slmu on 2014-07-25, 19:58

Nice post Tants

The storyline is strong and the cracks in the glossy exterior of the Swaikas is beginning to show. 

Agree about the acting.. the girl playing Trisha, Bhagyashree and man playing Prateek (Jai Kalra?) are pretty annoying. Haven't seen Eizaj Khan before but from what you say he can be better.

Lets see whether the storyline is sufficient to keep us watching.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-07-25, 20:06

slmu wrote:Nice post Tants

The storyline is strong and the cracks in the glossy exterior of the Swaikas is beginning to show. 

Agree about the acting.. the girl playing Trisha, Bhagyashree and man playing Prateek (Jai Kalra?) are pretty annoying. Haven't seen Eizaj Khan before but from what you say he can be better.

Thanks Shanthi,

don't they all?? I wonder why not use Ambuja cement or Shankar Cement, they claim that  any building built using their cement never cracks!!!! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

yup prateek is Jai .. I missed the first episode so was lucky to miss out on Trisha girl. but the rest of the cast are competent, esp Rajeshwari..

I hope the story line stays taut and continues its twists and turns,since LAT is a finite series .. I hope they don't drag..Any thrillers lose its flavour when it gets dragged

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-07-25, 20:23

Nice one Sathu... what did I tell you about acting? Thank goodness for Rajeswari sachdev. She is perfect for that no nonsense, stern sister. Bhagyasree just annoys me.. rather than sympathising with her character I feel like forwarding her parts. And the Pratik guy can give Gurmeet a run for his money in the wooden acting department. Never saw the cop guy before. But yeah watching him I had the feeling something was off. Maybe he'll settle in later. Ita already been 3 epis and the friend Prem bhag geya? wonder what happened to the old guy cause the new one is worse.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-07-25, 20:34

but can trisha act?? ah I saw the detective for a minute in mondays episode and he looked out of it...have to tune in for longer.. .concept sounds intriguing, non acting is par for the course in most indian shows...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-07-25, 21:02

trintring wrote:Nice one Sathu... what did I tell you about acting? Thank goodness for Rajeswari sachdev. She is perfect for that no nonsense, stern sister. Bhagyasree just annoys me.. rather than sympathising with her character I feel like forwarding her parts. And the Pratik guy can give Gurmeet a run for his money in the wooden acting department. Never saw the cop guy before. But yeah watching him I had the feeling something was off. Maybe he'll settle in later. Ita already been 3 epis and the friend Prem bhag geya? wonder what happened to the old guy cause the new one is worse.

yes that Prem changed..  hppy  took me a few mins to realize that was what it was

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-07-25, 21:03

sarra0 wrote:but can trisha act?? ah I saw the detective for a minute in mondays episode and he looked out of it...have to tune in for longer.. .concept sounds intriguing, non acting is par for the course in most indian shows...

Trisha is the worst around Sarra.. unbelievably bad.. but luckily she's missing and we won't have to put up with her much

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-07-25, 21:04

Tanthya wrote:

Thanks Shanthi,

don't they all?? I wonder why not use Ambuja cement or Shankar Cement, they claim that  any building built using their cement never cracks!!!! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

yup prateek is Jai .. I missed the first episode so was lucky to miss out on Trisha girl. but the rest of the cast are competent, esp Rajeshwari..

I hope the story line stays taut and continues its twists and turns,since LAT is a finite series .. I hope they don't drag..Any thrillers lose its flavour when it gets dragged

How long is it supposed to be do you know? Its started off well.. fingers crossed

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-07-25, 21:05

trintring wrote:Nice one Sathu... what did I tell you about acting? Thank goodness for Rajeswari sachdev. She is perfect for that no nonsense, stern sister. Bhagyasree just annoys me.. rather than sympathising with her character I feel like forwarding her parts. And the Pratik guy can give Gurmeet a run for his money in the wooden acting department. Never saw the cop guy before. But yeah watching him I had the feeling something was off. Maybe he'll settle in later. Ita already been 3 epis and the friend Prem bhag geya? wonder what happened to the old guy cause the new one is worse.

Thanks, Tring tring  hpee

I agree whole dil se, Thank God for Rajeshwari , she makes it bearable  and the younger bro too ( was he in Suhani something something show?)

Ahh, the luxury of YT ..we can FF all the unwanted parts but I watch live and also i don't want to miss any clues even if it comes out of her quavery voice .... U know what, I would place Gurumeet a bit higher cuz  he can atleast dance  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil ...This one is proper Burma wood !!!

I think eijaz has been briefed to be like Amerikan Cops, all sardonic humor and colorless and he is trying to ape them , that is not gelling with his style of acting... He can show arrogance and softness quite well... He needs to fine tune his shades ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-07-25, 21:11

slmu wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thanks Shanthi,

How long is it supposed to be do you know? Its started off well.. fingers crossed

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked , YOU are asking how many episodes ????????????????    have thee forgotten , O sweet bird of peace, That Tumhari Pakhi was supposed to  run for 6 months??? Six months have passed and  Your Paakhi shows no sign of becoming anybody's and tucking herself in !!!!! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-07-25, 21:34

sarra0 wrote:but can trisha act?? ah I saw the detective for a minute in mondays episode and he looked out of it...have to tune in for longer.. .concept sounds intriguing, non acting is par for the course in most indian shows...

Who knowsssss?? Me never had the pleasure of seeing Trisha act!!!!

Yup, he still is out of the joint .. The detective I mean

No, Sarra Jaan,  for a supposedly finite series and esp when it is a thriller, the csting is iron clad.. but  this production house has failed miserably and the flaws  become even more glaring  when u sit and watch Yudh which begins immediately after this show..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-07-25, 21:42

Tanthya wrote:

Who knowsssss?? Me never had the pleasure of seeing Trisha act!!!!

Yup, he still is out of the joint .. The detective I mean

No, Sarra Jaan,  for a supposedly finite series and esp when it is a thriller, the csting is iron clad.. but  this production house has failed miserably and the flaws  become even more glaring  when u sit and watch Yudh which begins immediately after this show..

by the sounds of it u never want to c trisha act  hppy u hosh ud gaye ge

maybe he was smoking one  Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad 

hppy finite series really?? that's wat they said about tumhare pakhie and it is still around...when a show is before or after one where the standard is so much higher then it makes the deficiencies even more glaring...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2014-07-25, 23:59

Great review Tants
I am watching it n & off, havent been able to catch up regularly but have read the WUs. The story is gripping & I whole-heartedly agree with you that acting is pretty bad, esp of the main actors. Bhagyashree just doesnt make one feel the mother's pain.  Evil or Very Mad

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:24

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum