Latest topics

More rumors: Rajat Tokas And Paridhi Sharma To Quit Jodha Akbar Post Leap?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More rumors: Rajat Tokas And Paridhi Sharma To Quit Jodha Akbar Post Leap?

Post by trintring on 2014-08-01, 05:02

Rajat Tokas and Paridhi Sharma, who are currently playing Akbar and Jodha respectively in the popular historical show Jodha Akbar, have apparently taken a stand regarding the 15 year leap their show is taking soon.They might quit if the leap takes place, reports say.

There have been confirmed reports that said that the Zee TV's hit show Jodha Akbar will take a 15 year leap in October and the show will then shift from Jodha and Akbar being the center of the story to Salim and Anarkali. This apparently has not gone down well with the current protagonists of the show, Rajat and Paridhi and they have decided to put down their papers.

There hasn't been any official confirmation regarding this, though there are fans panicking about their favourite stars quitting their most loved show.
Currently on the show, Jodha is pregnant with twins and Akbar is over the moon to be a father soon. While Rukhaiya's jealousy about Akbar and Jodha continues, there is an entry of a new character into the show. A lady who seems to have captured Akbar's interest. Whether she is going to be Akbar's next love interest or someone who is sent to again disrupt Akbar's life is to be seen as the show progresses.
Back to the topic of Rajat and Paridhi quitting the show, the news definitely is a bad one for their fans and let's wait and hope the reports are false and the TV's favourite Jodha and Akbar continue to entertain the viewers.

Source: OneIndia

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: More rumors: Rajat Tokas And Paridhi Sharma To Quit Jodha Akbar Post Leap?

Post by trintring on 2014-08-01, 05:03

Honestly though... if the show does take 15yr leap and focus on Salim-Anarkali then these guys should quit and change the shows name as well

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-08-01, 12:30

I agree  but I feel the leap is primarily cuz the makers cannot show any romance between the current leads and there has to be a combo of drama and romance to sustain a show which is lacking at present ..

One cannot forever sleep on the lap of the lover or lean on the shoulder and expect  that romance has been taken care of..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-08-01, 13:21

Tanthya wrote:I agree  but I feel the leap is primarily cuz the makers cannot show any romance between the current leads and there has to be a combo of drama and romance to sustain a show which is lacking at present ..

One cannot forever sleep on the lap of the lover or lean on the shoulder and expect  that romance has been taken care of..
If their story has been told then rather than stretching it won't be a bad move to tell a whole new story in the same background. they get new leads and when Akbar n Jodha are needed they can hire older character actors.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-08-01, 13:35

trintring wrote:
Tanthya wrote:I agree  but I feel the leap is primarily cuz the makers cannot show any romance between the current leads and there has to be a combo of drama and romance to sustain a show which is lacking at present ..

If their story has been told then rather than stretching it won't be a bad move to tell a whole new story in the same background. they get new leads and when Akbar n Jodha are needed they can hire older character actors.

No, the story has not been told in its entirety rather it has been truncated and altered to suit the whims of contemporary audience providing for a disconnect with history, other than that, it also is misrepresenting history and falsifying several facts ... all in the name of creativity!!!

They can get new pair or focus on Akbar's exploits in war, his reforms, his subjugation of Rajputs, his marriage of alliances n how he treated other queens etc ... and also they can begin introducing the navratnas.. so far we have hd just Todarmal, Tansen n Maansingh.. we need to have Birbal too..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-08-01, 13:44

Tanthya wrote:
trintring wrote:

No, the story has not been told in its entirety rather it has been truncated and altered to suit the whims of contemporary audience providing for a disconnect with history, other than that, it also is misrepresenting history and falsifying several facts ... all in the name of creativity!!!

They can get new pair or focus on Akbar's exploits in war, his reforms, his subjugation of Rajputs, his marriage of alliances n how he treated other queens etc ... and also they can begin introducing the navratnas.. so far we have hd just Todarmal, Tansen n Maansingh.. we need to have Birbal too..
ah I never watched this show... so as usual they altered history to show what they wanted. 

Have a feeling Ekta won't be too eager to show Akbar's exploits.... she might take the easy way out and introduce new romantic leads.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-08-01, 15:47

15 year leap - unless I have gotten my math wrong, Salim would be a 7 year old.....Probably Rajat and Paridhi don't want to play parents to a 7 year old (may be not yet)!

But sad if there is a leap planned....they could have shown so much about this coloured Emperor's life!

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-08-01, 15:59

shobita wrote:15 year leap - unless I have gotten my math wrong, Salim would be a 7 year old.....Probably Rajat and Paridhi don't want to play parents to a 7 year old (may be not yet)!

But sad if there is a leap planned....they could have shown so much about this coloured Emperor's life!

But are they interested in the emperor?? Were they ever interested in the emperor?? The tussle between Akbar and Pratap seems consigned to  black hole .. all we are getting is Jodha's pregannt, Jodha shud be careful, Jodha shud not be hurt, Jodha is being cheated on  ... There is a massive imbalance..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-08-01, 22:32

Tanthya wrote:
shobita wrote:15 year leap - unless I have gotten my math wrong, Salim would be a 7 year old.....Probably Rajat and Paridhi don't want to play parents to a 7 year old (may be not yet)!

But are they interested in the emperor?? Were they ever interested in the emperor?? The tussle between Akbar and Pratap seems consigned to  black hole .. all we are getting is Jodha's pregannt, Jodha shud be careful, Jodha shud not be hurt, Jodha is being cheated on  ... There is a massive imbalance..
True, the imbalance is MASSIVE! As u rightly pointed out, people are only worried about Jodha.

It started out as a love story interwoven with facts from Akbar's life. They did show some of Akbar's achievements - teerthkar, his title Akbar etc in the course of the narrative but the screen time given was far too less compared to the screen time given to showcase Jodha's greatness or Jalal's foolishness.....You know in all this foreground noise called Begum Jodha's greatness, so many interesting aspects like Akbar's  Navaratnas, death of Atgah, Adhaham and MA and as u said - the Pratap-Jalal rivalry are not being accommodated.......But if there is a leap, even these stories will not be shown on screen (maybe they never would have been shown anyways!)

And to me it looks like the TRP audience is not interested in Akbar or his achievements  Bang ....who is listening to people who would love to watch Akbar- his triumphs and tribulations? OK, just go jump, err, I mean take a leap !

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:18

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum