Latest topics

Foreshadowing/Symbolism in QH

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Foreshadowing/Symbolism in QH

Post by sangeeta joshi on 2013-02-17, 05:09

Foreshadowing/Symbolism in Qubool Hai

Hi Guys,

This is my weekend post for QH. As this is my first 4Lions show, I am just figuring out their writing style. Their writers have a unique way of writing their script. If one looks carefully, there is a lot of symbolism and foreshadowing throughout the story. I will try to recall some examples. Please feel free to add your own observations.

SCENES:

The Dargah scene takes the 'crown of foreshadowing' award. The scene where Asad spots Zoya crying in the Dargah. He is mesmerized and her shawl falls off her head so he can see the bride who was draped in the shawl. A clear indication that she is meant to be his bride. When Ayaan comes into the picture, she covers herself with the shawl again. Classic foreshadowing. Ayaan is the one who runs after her. Asad stays back in the Dargah and lights up a candle. Again, signifies that it's Ayaan who will pursue her while Asad wishes her best in life. Of course. Ayaan never finds her. She lands in front of Asad's car accidentally. So, it's always been Asad and will always be Asad for her.
Credit to the above interpretation goes to a blogger on tumblr. After I read her blog, I saw the oct 30th episode again and it made so much sense. If anyone is interested, pm me for the link. Her analysis is much more detailed and interesting to read.
Zoya has sustained many bruises and wounds since the beginning of the show. Most of them have been directly and indirectly inflicted by Asad. This symbolizes the nature of their relationship. Some of these wounds are physical, others are emotional. I shudder to think how this is going to play out in future. The one wound that he has not inflicted- the burn scar- is hidden from him. Another way to symbolize their relationship. She has hidden her old scars from him.
Remember the phone fiasco? Zoya's voice mail password- I am sorry Zoya- foreshadowed what Asad will be doing throughout their story. How many times has he said 'I am sorry" now? If he would listen to her, I am sure he wouldn't have to say it so many times.
Zoya's statement- 'aapki tarah nahin ki mera naam apni hatheli par likh kar ghoom rahein hain' Also very symbolic. Her name (the Z) is etched on his palm/heart forever. That means he has fallen for her for life.
Ayaan's statements: Bhaijaan aapke aur mere beech koi ladki hi aayegi, Bhaajiaan kaash main bhi ekd din aapke liye aisi qurbaani de sakoon. These are self-explanatory.
"We work great as a team" This statement by Zoya is important as whenever they have worked together, they have achieved success. When alone, either she gets into trouble or he is busy trying to save her/getting angry/fighting someone. Asad mian- zara gaur kariye is statement par J
The sewing scene- foreshadows the beginning of the 'mending track' Zoya is going to enter the Siddiqui home and this will eventually (after a lot of bumps) lead to mending all broken relationships.
Handcuffs: Very symbolic again. Even if they don't want to, they are tied to each other for life.

I am sure there are many more. Please feel free to add to the list.

sangeeta joshi
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Re: Foreshadowing/Symbolism in QH

Post by sunshine99 on 2013-02-17, 05:34

Very interesting read.. Symbolism is a route which 4lions take ..I had seen there previous show which happened to be my 1st and really liked their play on it.It is nice to know they are continuing with the same trend.

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-17, 11:28

Hi Sangeeta, Very nice and apt pointers......4 Lions have been a master of this game of metaphors and symbolism...it happened in Geet as well as IPK....and yes the trend continues....though its usage is much more restrained in QH....till date......

One more pointer which I can think of is the book which Asad was reading..."A separate reality"..........

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-02-17, 12:12

Very interesting.. so 4 Lions is continuing with the symbolism and metaphors

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-02-17, 12:15

Sangeeta,

I really loved your post. The symbolisms are 4 LIONS way of making shows, leaving clues for us to decode.This is my second 4 Lion show. I am so happy that you have written all these decoded pointers. All what you have predicted is true. I really liked it when you reminded me of the sewing scene. Zoya will be the one to mend relationships as already shown in the promo.

Its such a pleasure to read your writing. Looking forward for more posts from you.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-02-17, 13:18

Thanks for these pointers. Actually 4Lions have had symbolism and metaphors in their previous show as well. IPK was my first show .
Good to see they have kept the trend here as well

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sangeeta joshi on 2013-02-17, 19:35

Thanks for all your replies. Actually the first two episodes of this show have a lot of clues. I went back and saw the first two episodes last night. Even Ayaan's intro song is very predictive. He dances to Yamla pagla deewana song: main itti see baat na jaana ki wo mainoo pyaar karti hai- a obviously a reference to Humeira.

Also, it's shown that Humeira outwits Razia while giving directions to Imran's family on the phone. Didn't we see that in the engagement fiasco?
Us, I have noticed the book titles that he reads. Yesterday he was reading something like - essentials of perfection. Shows that asad is trying his best to go back to his 'perfect' days but of course zoya keeps messing with his determination.

Please add more...

sangeeta joshi
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-17, 19:41

Yup sangeeta, I have a feeling that raziya will again be nailed coz of Humeira-Nikhat combo.....Nikhat tying a thread to Dadi.....was not a random thought i guess.....:) :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on 2013-02-17, 19:44

Hi sangeeta,

Too right, 4 Lions are subtle story tellers, there will be a story within a story ! I have always found this a captivating quality of theirs but at the same time , a alert too, once they lose their head, all things go awry ..Be on Guard ...Spoken after experiencing this personally...

for aesthetics and symbolism..Give me a 4 Lions , for sure...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sangeeta joshi on 2013-02-17, 20:27

@ Pollyanna...yes Humeira and Nikhat have a great bond and they will hopefully support Badi b.

@ admin.... I think the writers will stay on course as long as Internet audience doesn't keep pressurizing them to change the story. I hope they show what they have conceptualized.

sangeeta joshi
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-02-17, 20:32

sangeeta joshi wrote:@ Pollyanna...yes Humeira and Nikhat have a great bond and they will hopefully support Badi b.

@ admin.... I think the writers will stay on course as long as Internet audience doesn't keep pressurizing them to change the story. I hope they show what they have conceptualized.

Not to forget channel interference, So far I am presuming that neither the channel has interfered nor have the PH buckled to Netizens demands , although they seem to cater to their unspoken demands by getting Mr.Asad to display his rippling Stomach in quite unbelievable situations :P ..but as for script..I am happy to note that things are proceeding smoothly.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sangeeta joshi on 2013-02-17, 20:52

@ Tanthya....yes you are right zee might interfere and insist on more AsYa scenes rather than Ayaan -zoya track for trp reasons.

sangeeta joshi
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-02-17, 20:56

sangeeta joshi wrote:@ Tanthya....yes you are right zee might interfere and insist on more AsYa scenes rather than Ayaan -zoya track for trp reasons.

If the TRP is good, Channel may not interfere and Zee esp is known to be the least interfering unlike other channels, In case of QH, The TRP is actually quite good ..Proves that when there is a strong script backed up by conviction, even the audience will like it..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-17, 21:21

@Sangeeta and Sathu.......I was very scared when slapgate happened.....i thought the internet fandom will create ruckus and they did so....but thankfully the makers took a very subtle route in blending the small apology without losing the real plot......

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-02-17, 21:26

pollyanna wrote:@Sangeeta and Sathu.......I was very scared when slapgate happened.....i thought the internet fandom will create ruckus and they did so....but thankfully the makers took a very subtle route in blending the small apology without losing the real plot......

I guess , I missed that hoopla, Pallo .. I think we should view the scenes in the context of the story and see whether the slap or any such acts fits the scene or not before going hysteric about it but at the same time as a responsible PH, care should be taken by them to show that such acts are unpardonable and is condemnable ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sangeeta joshi on 2013-02-17, 21:30

I think the slap was definitely a no no but asad has shown a lot of remorse in last few episodes. I think he will never do that again. Unfortunately, violence is a reality of life but if people can learn from their mistakes, they can be forgiven. Zoya is a strong girl and will never tolerate this again. She forgave him this time but hopefully, she will not do that again. I doubt the ph will show such a scene again. It was a one time thing to show asad's rage...he is changing now thanks to zoya.

sangeeta joshi
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-17, 21:32

Yup Sathu.....and the best thing about that slap fiasco is..without glamorization it as one BIG event in the timeline of the show....the makers have made it as a focal point of "slow death" for Asad.....he is repenting it from the core of his heart now and then...every time he is reminded of his grave and unpardonable action :) :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-02-17, 21:36

sangeeta joshi wrote:I think the slap was definitely a no no but asad has shown a lot of remorse in last few episodes. I think he will never do that again. Unfortunately, violence is a reality of life but if people can learn from their mistakes, they can be forgiven. Zoya is a strong girl and will never tolerate this again. She forgave him this time but hopefully, she will not do that again. I doubt the ph will show such a scene again. It was a one time thing to show asad's rage...he is changing now thanks to zoya.

IMO, There should not be a AGAIN... Once should be sufficient and one wherein message is sent that there is nothing glamorous about Slap,it is a reprehensible act and should be deemed so ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-02-17, 21:37

pollyanna wrote:Yup Sathu.....and the best thing about that slap fiasco is..without glamorization it as one BIG event in the timeline of the show....the makers have made it as a focal point of "slow death" for Asad.....he is repenting it from the core of his heart now and then...every time he is reminded of his grave and unpardonable action :) :)

If the message is conveyed that this is a shameful act and there is no herogiri..then I would say, Makers have achieved their purpose

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sangeeta joshi on 2013-02-17, 22:27

Tanthya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Yup Sathu.....and the best thing about that slap fiasco is..without glamorization it as one BIG event in the timeline of the show....the makers have made it as a focal point of "slow death" for Asad.....he is repenting it from the core of his heart now and then...every time he is reminded of his grave and unpardonable action :) :)

If the message is conveyed that this is a shameful act and there is no herogiri..then I would say, Makers have achieved their purpose

Agree...it was not glorified and the message has been conveyed. It was an important step in the growth of asad's character Party1

sangeeta joshi
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-02-17, 22:31

sangeeta joshi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Agree...it was not glorified and the message has been conveyed. It was an important step in the growth of asad's character

Awesome!! has there been any change in the dynamics between Zoya N Asad ?

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-17, 23:11

Asad-Zoya dynamics can be termed as the one which has awkwardness of the acknowledgement of awareness about each other slowly reaching to the point of explosion........:P Wink

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha on 2013-02-17, 23:33

Loved it...

Samantha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sangeeta joshi on 2013-02-20, 17:45

Added a few more after last 2 episodes:

12. The whole bond track was foreshadowing of the real detective work asad and zoya are doing now.

13. This is Adeeti's observation: when Badi b and zoya collided, all the gifts fell down, symbolizing how Badi Bo's family has been scattered but zoya picks all the gifts one by one, symbolizing how she will help her gather the broken family and bring them together. The pouch with the raaz was on the top- so it will be the last thing to be revealed but the top most priority.

14. Another one from Adeeti: the doll with the memory chip resents zoya whose memory will be triggered by events surrounding the doll factory. The doll is right now lying outside asad's house, discarded just like zoya was discarded 17 years ago ( the culprit might have thought they have killed or lst her)
I am sure there are many more. Please feel free to add to the list.

sangeeta joshi
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-02-20, 17:55

Sangeetha,

Hi I am Anu, Welcome to Dhwani , Thanks for the pointers. I totally agree about the pointers of the gifts falling down and Zoya slowly picking up the pieces and putting it back.

I really liked the microchip one and relating it to a discarded Zoya. I hope when the chip works Zoya recollects everything.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:18

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum