Latest topics

AIRLINES... Skimming the Clouds!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AIRLINES... Skimming the Clouds!

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 12:53

Airlines… a weekly show. 9 PM every Sunday.

Started watching this show lately… that is not saying much as it only 3 episodes old yet. Each episodes lasting an hour. I like it… at least I am liking it for the time being.

It centers on Ananya Rawat, a newly recruited rookie pilot in a domestic airlines, INDE AIR. The story revolves around Ananya’s struggles at work which is a predominantly male area.

“Being the first female recruit in the airlines, your male colleagues will have a problem, but the female colleagues will have an even bigger problem with you.” Wise words by Captain Verma, who flew first with Ananya. True indeed. And it did materialize in the attitude of flight attendant Natasha. Sad, but true… we’d think that being females we would want other females to make progress. May be it is a case of… “make progress, but not more than me!”

The male chauvinism is depicted with a touch of humor right from the first when Ananya introduces herself to her rookie colleagues. The trite comments and the attitude is bang on when a male pilot refuses to shake hands with Ananya saying that he better maintain a distance in order to avoid sexual harassment cases. Also when she enters the locker room and is promptly directed to the airhostess locker rooms. Ananya counters that latter comment with a smile, removing her overcoat to reveal her pilot’s uniform. What took the cake was in the second episode when she entered the locker room to catch another pilot with his fly open… hilarious!

Ananya is shown as a very calm and quiet girl with a core of steel. She is the grand-daughter of a retired airman in the IAF who dreamt of being a pilot but the said dreams didn’t materialize… so he lives his dreams through Ananya, his favourite. The two share a strong bond and derive strength from each other. Ananya and her mother live with her maternal Grandfather along with her uncle, aunt and two cousins. Ananya’s education has been taken care of by loans with the house as security which hasn’t gone down well with the aunt, who expects Ananya to shoulder all the responsibility in return. Her mother is a soft, loving soul who thinks the world of her daughter.

Ananya as a result is a girl who dares to fly but with her feet firmly on the ground. Largely non-confrontational, she also does not take things lying down. She cannot stand injustice. She can take a joke though and smiles at the human follies and frailty.

Loved that old Ambassador that Ananya was driving to the airport on her first day of work. Also a nice touch… the little boy, her cousin, having to hold the antenna by hand outside so that Ananya can listen to the weather report on the car radio. Too cute!

The other central character is Captain Akash Saluja, a senior pilot in INDE AIR.  Apparently he has a past. He was in the Indian Army. The issue is a mystery. At the moment though, he is shown to be involved in some fishy business, involving a number in the newspaper, several meetings with defense personnel and a secretly delivered gun at the airport. He is shown as a flirt and a borderline chauvinist, though to be fair, he had no issues with Ananya being a female, but with her refusal to let him take control of her first flight. Can’t blame her though… Captain Verma had a heart attack, she was in command and Akash who happened to be on the flight as a passenger was not officially on duty, so she had every right to throw him out of the cockpit, which she did. But the incident escalated and now there is a tug of war between the two.

But Ananya has the grace and the poise and a subtle humor sense with which she is able to win over hardened MCPs like Captain Rathore. She managed to wring an appreciative smile from him after all. So let us see where it will lead us.

But it will be entertaining, that is to be sure… Akash has a wicked sense of humor. I totally digged the way he was needling Ananya in the 3rd episodes. He enjoyed taking the mickey out of her. Loved the way he made fun of her being too soft-hearted for her own good. Loved how Ananya was flabbergasted to be made a fool of by the frail looking “elderly” lady on the flight and how Akash dealt with it so cleverly.

Also there is Natasha… she is a millionaires daughter. But works as an airhostess, to be near Akash…. Apparently. Wonder if she is the fishy employee on INDE AIR that Akash is in the trail of? Or is Akash himself the fishy one? Also that news snippet of two terrorists succeeding in entering the country. Are they connected? Let us wait and find out.

Each episode deals with a different micro theme… the 1st was when the pilot had a heart attack. The 2nd episode… a bomb threat; and the third episode was about a diamond thief on board. But the series is connected by the mystery involving Akash.

Let us hope that this will prevent us from getting bored. A new scenario every week… new faces to see and all.

So much for the pro’s. Now for the cons…

How much can they show with everything centered around the airport and the inside of a plane. Already they are repeating a lot of footages. It is so obvious that the take off and landings shown are the same even though said to be at different airports… that can’t be helped though. Perhaps they will divert to the personal lives of the crew too…

Whatever it is, I am in… the only time they showed a kitchen on terra firma, it was a man (Ananya’s Nanaji) who was making tea!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: AIRLINES... Skimming the Clouds!

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-12, 13:09

who plays Akash?

Seems intriguing ..  I am in and if the show does not measure up to ur accolades..M going to send army of red ants to ur camps Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-09-12, 13:16

Loved reading u Appu... 

I watched the 1st and 3rd episode and I loved it.. Though until the last few parts Akash was irritating..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 13:17

Tanthya wrote:who plays Akash?

Seems intriguing ..  I am in and if the show does not measure up to ur accolades..M going to send army of red ants to ur camps Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I don't know his name... a very nasty  looking fellow with oodles of charm... Yuddhishtir something

No, u won't send me ants...
watch out for the little touches, they are good

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2014-09-12, 13:19

Have liked the episodes so far.let's see how it moves ahead.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 13:19

Maria J wrote:Loved reading u Appu... 

I watched the 1st and 3rd episode and I loved it.. Though until the last few parts Akash was irritating..
Thanks Maria, for reading long hug

Hmm... Akash is a bit hatke. One thing he is NOT... Angry Young Man... I have had enough of them! hppy
Also he is not a Male chauvinistic pig either... he is just simply "male"

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 13:21

amimus wrote:Have liked the episodes so far.let's see how it moves ahead.

hpee
You are watching!
I think it can catch on...
It can interest male viewers too... though it is about a girls... there are enough males with a purpose in it
hppy

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-12, 13:44

sonshine487 wrote:

I don't know his name... a very nasty  looking fellow with oodles of charm... Yuddhishtir something

Yuddi..He is  a handsome hunk with a jawline to die for ..has a gorgeous smile to boot

will give it a try this week.. just holler out plz..I tend to forget the timings

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 13:47

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

Yuddi..He is  a handsome hunk with a jawline to die for ..has a gorgeous smile to boot

will give it a try this week.. just holler out plz..I tend to forget the timings

I didn't say he wasn't handsome....
he looked nasty
hppy
his "nasty" sense of humor reflects in his eyes

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-09-12, 14:06

not a bad start...but wat got me when captain had heart attack and he asked akash to take over akash said he was off duty he couldn't because of procedure...all he had to do knowing wat they were was to go into the cockpit and say to her that I am here if needed...but no it felt forced to try and get an argument between the two for him to try and take charge...

akash dealings seem iffy I wonder whether he is an undercover agent or along that line..

this i hope doesn't have kitchen politics...the little they have shown of the aunty is more than enough...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-09-12, 14:23

sonshine487 wrote:

Hmm... Akash is a bit hatke. One thing he is NOT... Angry Young Man... I have had enough of them! hppy
long hug  

ya thank god.. he is neither AYM nor MCP  hppy it would have been so boring then..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 14:24

sarra0 wrote:not a bad start...but wat got me when captain had heart attack and he asked akash to take over akash said he was off duty he couldn't because of procedure...all he had to do knowing wat they were was to go into the cockpit and say to her that I am here if needed...but no it felt forced to try and get an argument between the two for him to try and take charge...

akash dealings seem iffy I wonder whether he is an undercover agent or along that line..

this i hope doesn't have kitchen politics...the little they have shown of the aunty is more than enough...
maybe, Akash had an ulterior motive in raising a hue and cry on that particular flight
he didn't seem like an mcp to me
more in favour of undercover agent
the aunt is "life" re... not TV SB stuff

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 14:25

Maria J wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

long hug  

ya thank god.. he is neither AYM nor MCP  hppy it would have been so boring then..

what else did u like?
I liked the stammering airport manager

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-09-12, 14:31

sonshine487 wrote:
Maria J wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

long hug  

what else did u like?
@ bold who is this? I dont remember this.. 
I liked her first co pilot.. that man was nice.. then i liked how she sticks to what she believes.. though i didnt understand what she meant with regards to her parting comment to Akash abt her being right..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-12, 14:32

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

he looked nasty
hppy

I like him ever since he took on a call in viewer on  V or MTV..not sure which and blasted  that caller who had dared to say that women were nothing but object and they ought to pay dowry for maintenance ...whats more he refused to apologize for  blasting the viewer ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-09-12, 14:34

sonshine487 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:not a bad start...but wat got me when captain had heart attack and he asked akash to take over akash said he was off duty he couldn't because of procedure...all he had to do knowing wat they were was to go into the cockpit and say to her that I am here if needed...but no it felt forced to try and get an argument between the two for him to try and take charge...

maybe, Akash had an ulterior motive in raising a hue and cry on that particular flight
Appu even if he has an ulterior motive.. y did he first refuse and then later try to take charge?

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 14:40

Maria J wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Maria J wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

long hug  

what else did u like?
I liked her first co pilot.. that man was nice.. then i liked how she sticks to what she believes.. though i didnt understand what she meant with regards to her parting comment to Akash abt her being right..

the man who was with Akash in the 2nd episode... discussing about the enquiry committee dates and the one who was told about the bomb...

Ananya was telling him that she was let off by the inquiry team bec she was right. fat head got the issue confused. the chief was firm that the inquiry was about the pilots' petty fight in the cockpit... and not about Ananya not letting Akash take over. Akash was smiling bec of that.

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 14:43

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

he looked nasty
hppy

I like him ever since he took on a call in viewer on  V or MTV..not sure which and blasted  that caller who had dared to say that women were nothing but object and they ought to pay dowry for maintenance ...whats more he refused to apologize for  blasting the viewer ...

He Did? When was this?
We need more of this sort in the world!
And what kind of an idiot expected him to apologise?

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-12, 15:09

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

he looked nasty
hppy

He Did? When was this?

decade back ..

The on set director   ..it was and still is the caller is bhagwan thinking, u see

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 15:25

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

he looked nasty
hppy

He Did? When was this?

decade back ..

The on set director   ..it was and still is the caller is bhagwan thinking, u see

did they sack him? Yudhishtir, I mean

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-09-12, 15:31

sonshine487 wrote:
Maria J wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Maria J wrote:
long hug  

what else did u like?

the man who was with Akash in the 2nd episode... discussing about the enquiry committee dates and the one who was told about the bomb...

Ananya was telling him that she was let off by the inquiry team bec she was right. fat head got the issue confused. the chief was firm that the inquiry was about the pilots' petty fight in the cockpit... and not about Ananya not letting Akash take over. Akash was smiling bec of that.
I missed the 2nd epi.. so cant tell.. 

hppy  Akash doesn't correct her also? y?

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-12, 15:36

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

He Did? When was this?

decade back ..

No, He continued working in the same prog.. I guess feedback was positive

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 16:06

Maria J wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Maria J wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

what else did u like?

I missed the 2nd epi.. so cant tell.. 

hppy  Akash doesn't correct her also? y?

3rd episode end
No Akash merely smiles... That is why I think he has some ulterior motive in kicking up a dust
Besides it was done in a bantering kind of way... I don't think Ananya was being superior at all. She was trying to needle him like he did to her in the cockpit.

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-12, 16:07

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

He Did? When was this?

decade back ..

No, He continued working in the same prog.. I guess feedback was positive

That's good
did they sack the on set director?

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-09-12, 16:45

sonshine487 wrote:

no he is not the classic mcp...there is more to his character...hopefully they will keep it interesting...

u mean he raised a hue and cry on the plane to divert or avert something else...u wouldn't expect him to take it ap far as disciplinary action on the ground...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:35

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum