Latest topics

Harshad Chopra: Took a break to find myself

Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harshad Chopra: Took a break to find myself

Post by trintring on 2014-09-22, 13:27

Harshad Chopra

Harshad Chopra, best known for his roles in 'Left Right Left' and 'Saubhagyavati Bhava', is returning to the small screen after a gap of almost two years and the TV actor says the break was important as he needed time to regenerate himself.
The 31-year-old actor will be seen playing the lead role in 'Humsafars', which is set in the backdrop of the Muslim community.
"I was not doing anything. I was trying to find myself. You sometimes lose yourself when you are working for so long. Since I have been working for the last many years, it was a much needed break for me. Also there was a personal tragedy with my mother's passing. I needed to take my time off," Harshad told .

The actor, who has been previously part of popular soaps like 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil', 'Ambar Dhara' and 'Tere Liye', says the moment he was offered 'Humsafars', he knew it was the perfect show to make a comeback with.

"There are so many reasons I took up this project. The story is very nice. And when I was offered the show I had a gut feeling that it is the role for me to end my sabbatical. That is why I took it up," he said.
'Humsafars' chronicles the lives of a budding fashion designer Arzoo Nausheen Khan and a multimillionaire owner of a fashion house Sahir Chaudhary played by Harshad.
"My character is a very complex one. He has a lot of shades. He is more than what meets the eye. It is an interesting challenge for me to play such a character on-screen," Harshad said.
Shivya Pathania plays the female lead in the show, which also has Vibha Chibber, Sehban Azim, Madhumalti and Purva Parag in important roles.
'Humsafars' will air on Sony TV from tomorrow.
Pakistani TV shows have become popular with the Indian audience. When asked whether he and other actors feel threatened by it, Harshad said, "They are good TV show and I am happy that those are being appreciated by the audience. But me and other actors have been aware of their shows and watched them online long before they made their way to Indian homes.
"I feel it is unfair to compare Indian television and Pakistani content. Ours is a big industry with so many shows being produced in a year." 

Source: TOI

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Harshad Chopra: Took a break to find myself

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-22, 13:55

Acha, Kis market main mila  "myself"? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-22, 14:26

Am I the only one who thinks the bearded look is not suiting him that much? Rather than looking like a hot shot business owner he kinda looks unkempt and dowdy

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-22, 15:13

trintring wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the bearded look is not suiting him that much? Rather than looking like a hot shot business owner he kinda looks unkempt and dowdy
I call him Langur  !  * Pallo's wrath has reduced me to ashes but I remain unrepentant* Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

It is surprising actually, 4L normally gives gloss to its heroes while it is the heroines who get  Step mom treatment..here both look quite  umm for want of words "down market"

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2014-09-22, 15:44

Vi's mindvoice made a come back again.. Why are all the heroes of naalusinghams always of the same shade?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2014-09-22, 15:45

trintring wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the bearded look is not suiting him that much? Rather than looking like a hot shot business owner he kinda looks unkempt and dowdy

I join you with a HiFi...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-22, 16:20

Abavi wrote:Vi's mindvoice made a come back again.. Why are all the heroes of naalusinghams always of the same shade?
Gorky was taking pride in the fact that they can't do saas-bahu. but don't they do the same thing as well? arrogant boy meets do gooder girl... they hate each other... then fall in love... then their storyline takes a dive and we get a so-so ending.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-22, 16:21

Tanthya wrote:
I call him Langur  !  * Pallo's wrath has reduced me to ashes but I remain unrepentant* Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

It is surprising actually, 4L normally gives gloss to its heroes while it is the heroines who get  Step mom treatment..here both look quite  umm for want of words "down market"

lets see if they look a bit better on screen... so far I'm not that impressed.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-22, 16:23

Abavi wrote:Vi's mindvoice made a come back again.. Why are all the heroes of naalusinghams always of the same shade?

Not just 4 Singham , even others bring on the same shades ... Almost all have a baggage and few have mother issues, violent, cold, detached but all mushy inside .....

Is there anyone who was/is different frm this norm?

I can recall Anshuman as being different  ..other than that..none comes to mind

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-22, 17:14

Err... did he search under the rug?

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-09-22, 19:36

Ha ha ha... More than the article the comments are superb .

I like him in tat star plus show.. Lets see when wil they let him to shave his beard.

Vi .. So right abt tat 4L comment. I too join you.. Same black suit. Angry look. But I look forward coz for HC.

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 00:48

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum