Latest topics

Humsafars--22nd Sept 2014--Take on the first episode

Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Humsafars--22nd Sept 2014--Take on the first episode

Post by pollyanna on 2014-09-23, 11:31

So, the much awaited yet another love story cum social drama from 4 Lions hit our TV screens last night. It marks the comeback of ever popular Harshad Chopda who was missed immensely by his fans across the globe. The soap will also see Shivya Pathania who was crowned Miss Shimla, making her debut in the TV industry. This show has a Muslim set up and will traverse the journey of protagonists in Lucknow and Mumbai. So much for the introduction for the uninitiated. Lets see how it fared-- the first day, first show---

Female lead, Arzoo, a confident, small town girl with big dreams,is introduced to the viewers riding a scooty and managing the kapdo ka kaarkhaana which is her ammi's 15 years' of relentless hard work. She is outspoken,is exceptional at her work(designs contemporary women-wear), has the onus of feeding 6 mouths on her fragile shoulders but doesnt bow down to worldly pressures and dislikes her father who had left them in lurch long back. "Allah Knows" is the new "Hey Devi Maiya" . Her family includes her rotlu mother, cricket crazy grandmother, 2 sisters -one studious, another aspiring model and a parrot.
Shivya was on and off in couple of frames, dialogue delivery seem a little forced at some places but she is easy on eyes, a girl next door who emotes well; anyways, this is just a beginning and she will find her groove.
The other family members were too dramatic, actually seemed as if they are acting and did not give an impression of a regular household conversation--need improvement and hopefully once the camaraderie sets off screen, it will reflect on screen too.

Asharfi, the pet parrot will definitely play a pivotal role in clearing the MU between leads or during love confession in the future.

Coming to Sahir, the viewers got his glimpse in bits and pieces, focussing more on his mannerisms and dialogues which portrayed the character he is playing- a ruthless, heartless, fashion house mogul hailing from Mumbai who doesnt think high of the small town people.He is strongly opinionated, judgemental and cold blooded business sense, once decided,he will go to any lengths to attain what he wants and aspires to. BUT, somewhere in all these rock solid exterior , there is a heart fluttering and tries to peep in now and then, else he would not have saved the girl who was ready to give up her life and go under the bulldozer , for a few moments, her act made him wonder and forced him to think, at least had a crease on his forehead , though he dumped her on a pile of clothes but did not leave without giving her one final last look.

Harshad was looking handsome, I had an instant urge of finger combing his hair :P  his eyes spoke the most and when he really did speak, his voice modulation was to die for, he did full justice to some impactful dialogues--main designs ka business karta hun, emotions ka nahi; aapne apne hunar ko khud daag laga diya, main daagdaar cheezein nahi kharidna chahta

Special mention to background music --that was a soothing tune when Sahir-Arzoo met , look forward to some more gems. Also Gorky's lens presence was quite evident through the entire episode.

A note to 4 Lions:--

I guess for once the stars are in the right places for the production house whose forte is romance genre --

They have a 10.30 pm slot where the competitors are Doli (Zee) and Veera(SP) which are not tough ones to beat.
Sony channel, unlike SP, Colors and Zee, doesnt believe in meddling too much with the makers of the show and also it is not so hung up on the TRP factor.

The title of the show remind us of the much acclaimed Pak drama, Humsafar which is soon going to air on Zindagi and the general feel of the show(father left mom , 3 sisters) gives an impression of just concluded repeat run of another Pak drama, Zindagi Gulzar Hai. Both these factors will definitely entice the viewers to tune in for Humsafars to at least see how similar or different this show is.

Now 4 Lions has a reputation that trails them wherever they go-their product starts with a bang, on leads' love story and diffuses in 6-9 months, there is no closure to the loops, exodus , replacement, plot changes and then after the meat of the story shifts the focus from reel life to real life( it happened with their earlier 3 shows), I hope the makers realize that they have an informed audience to cater to and the one who have lots of choices on the platter. Also at the same time , to have strong belief and conviction in their talented team(cast n crew) and hence not fall prey to the illogical tantrums of hysterical fandom or the channel.

I wish the team of Humsafars stupendous success.

Last edited by pollyanna on 2014-09-23, 11:41; edited 1 time in total

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars--22nd Sept 2014--Take on the first episode

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-09-23, 11:37

I wish team Humsafar best of luck 
Clap Dance

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-23, 11:52

A good detached Analysis well Almost, if we turn blind eye on you getting fattoo over the "Langur" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sahir is a creative, a poet ..So the disheveled appearance BUT there is a rigidity and iron will about him which should be extrapolating on his appearance, A cleaned up, fastidious air about him would have done wonders for Sahir  - Yes, Harshad Chopra is devilishly good looking with a "me a good boy, no baddie"looks  - An actors challenges  would be to circumvent that and manage to convey Sahir a ruthless man ( Abhas Mehta comes to mind , His portrayal of Shyam was astounding)  - harshad has the potential to be Sahir - DO the makers have enuff trust in his talent? If yes, Then  do a make over of Sahir, present him as a suave, ruthless business man and not as a unkempt, dirty looking man who does not know the meaning of fashion yet spouts them glibly.

Aarzoo - Raw clay , It will be too early to comment on her and it would not be justice to judge her either ..  4L are good craftsmen and they do turn out masterpieces when given the right raw materials..

So far , the materials seem to be right  Now waiting for that Masterpiece

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-23, 11:57

Pallo  long hug

Atleast the show got u out of your hibernation. Haven't watched it yet... dunno why but I was kinda meh with the trailers...

I'll try to catch up when I can ..... looking forward to reading your takes on the epis.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-09-23, 12:06

Tanthya wrote:A good detached Analysis well Almost, if we turn blind eye on you getting fattoo over the "Langur" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sahir is a creative, a poet ..So the disheveled appearance BUT there is a rigidity and iron will about him which should be extrapolating on his appearance, A cleaned up, fastidious air about him would have done wonders for Sahir  - Yes, Harshad Chopra is devilishly good looking with a "me a good boy, no baddie"looks  - An actors challenges  would be to circumvent that and manage to convey Sahir a ruthless man ( Abhas Mehta comes to mind , His portrayal of Shyam was astounding)  - harshad has the potential to be Sahir - DO the makers have enuff trust in his talent? If yes, Then  do a make over of Sahir, present him as a suave, ruthless business man and not as a unkempt, dirty looking man who does not know the meaning of fashion yet spouts them glibly.

Aarzoo - Raw clay , It will be too early to comment on her and it would not be justice to judge her either ..  4L are good craftsmen and they do turn out masterpieces when given the right raw materials..

Hahahahhaha, Harshad in any form is acceptable to me hpee but yes....a little trim on the hairy stuff above his shoulders will do wonders......but guess they will keep this look for at least a month......or perhaps(i pray) this is for some reason and he will use Gillette after some epis...... also that gel...arghhhhh......harshu has lovely zulfein...i want to see that.... luv

Am keeping my fingers crossed on 4 Lions expertise in turning Shivya into yet another Drashti/Sanaya or rather much more.....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-09-23, 12:08

trintring wrote:Pallo  long hug

Atleast the show got u out of your hibernation. Haven't watched it yet... dunno why but I was kinda meh with the trailers...

I'll try to catch up when I can ..... looking forward to reading your takes on the epis.

Trin hpee ....it has Harshad so I HAD to watch it....i was dying to see him on screen for such a long time.....

And now, I really wish , the makers dont spoil this show....warna Twisted Evil

Its just the beginning...give it a shot darling :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-23, 13:24

pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:A good detached Analysis well Almost, if we turn blind eye on you getting fattoo over the "Langur" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hahahahhaha, Harshad in any form is acceptable to me hpee  but yes....a little trim on the hairy stuff above his shoulders will do wonders......but guess they will keep this look for at least a month......or perhaps(i pray) this is for some reason and he will use Gillette after some epis...... also that gel...arghhhhh......harshu has lovely zulfein...i want to see that.... luv

Am keeping my fingers crossed on 4 Lions expertise in turning Shivya into yet another Drashti/Sanaya or rather much more.....

No, Most definitely not either of them, Shivya should be handled like Abhas or Barun - These 2 bloomed under 4 L  unlike others That is I hope Shivya has that inherent spark - It is too early to know whether she can be an actor.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-23, 13:45

Just watched the epi... please please someone tell Harshad to cut off that hair and beard... he is looking feral. It just does not go with the hotshot designing world. I don't understand what purpose this junglee look is serving. If they wanna detach from his chocolate boy image... giving him long hair n beard will not do. If he is a good actor that coldness should come across anyway. We only got to see a bit of him today... looking forward to knowing what baggage he comes with that makes him so cold.

The girl is extremely new... so have to give her time and see where she goes. Hopefully she turns out to be a gem.

I just found it extremely similar to IPK thogh... I know 4L have their trademark scenes and stuff but I want to some new stuff as well.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-23, 13:55

trintring wrote:Just watched the epi... please please someone tell Harshad to cut off that hair and beard... he is looking feral. It just does not go with the hotshot designing world. I don't understand what purpose this junglee look is serving. If they wanna detach from his chocolate boy image... giving him long hair n beard will not do. If he is a good actor that coldness should come across anyway. We only got to see a bit of him today... looking forward to knowing what baggage he comes with that makes him so cold.

The girl is extremely new... so have to give her time and see where she goes. Hopefully she turns out to be a gem.

I just found it extremely similar to IPK thogh... I know 4L have their trademark scenes and stuff but I want to some new stuff as well.
I completely agree about Harshad's looks - The actor has to bring it out rather than altering the appearance and that too in such a horrible way - 4L's costume and Make up has been on a downward trend since late IPK IMO - Geet had good costuming n make up

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-09-23, 13:58

agree....Abhas and Barun shone bright under the tutelage of 4 Lions.

@Harshu---trin, sathu.....i hope we get to see his chikna soorat soon :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-23, 14:01

Tanthya wrote:
trintring wrote:Just watched the epi... please please someone tell Harshad to cut off that hair and beard... he is looking feral. It just does not go with the hotshot designing world. I don't understand what purpose this junglee look is serving. If they wanna detach from his chocolate boy image... giving him long hair n beard will not do. If he is a good actor that coldness should come across anyway. We only got to see a bit of him today... looking forward to knowing what baggage he comes with that makes him so cold.

I completely agree about Harshad's looks - The actor has to bring it out rather than altering the appearance and that too in such a horrible way - 4L's costume and Make up has been on a downward trend since late IPK IMO - Geet had good costuming n make up

Yeah their must be some budget constraints or something.. their costumes are really on a downward spiral. Like in LAT... all the costumes might not be age appropriate but they are stylish and mostly goes well with the rich n trendy world. Hope they find some money and barber to improve the looks.

I'm hoping I won't get to see VELVET  here  Evil or Very Mad

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-23, 14:08

trintring wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Yeah their must be some budget constraints or something.. their costumes are really on a downward spiral. Like in LAT... all the costumes might not be age appropriate but they are stylish and mostly goes well with the rich n trendy world. Hope they find some money and barber to improve the looks.

No chance of tht, Lady is well endowed Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ..U may get Kinjal Baniyan though

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-23, 14:20

Tanthya wrote:
trintring wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

No chance of tht, Lady is well endowed Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ..U may get Kinjal Baniyan though

*Shudders* maybe they have some leftover fabrics from IPK days and decide to give them to some other poor soul 

Oh don't remind me Sathu... when my in-laws where here I found out that their fav serial is the Bengali version of SNS and they loooove Gopi bahu. Someone kill me  Bang

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:24

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum