Latest topics

Humsafars - Unfulfilled Agenda

Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Humsafars - Unfulfilled Agenda

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-24, 14:26

Humsafars - The companions on the road of life with unfulfilled Agenda's.

It has been a show that has piqued the curiosity of many, chiefly it being the return of the dream man Harshad Chopra to the Small screens after a lengthy hiatus and the comeback vehicle was 4 lions - the Master craftsmen of ROMANCE!

Humsafars - A show that is finding its legs hence it would be premature to deliver a verdict but despite certain shakiness in the acting there were moments in Humsafars that were quintessential 4 lions.

A lonely embittered man, detached from human and objects alike is Sahir - A man caught in a time bubble and lost! A girl who is confident, thoughtful, and decisive and one who knows to enjoy the life's sunshine amidst the hurricane is Aarzoo - Both are Cheese and Chalk yet are united by unfulfilled agenda. Aarzoo wants a Job, Sahir want the factory but is that all?? - Let us peel this layer later

The Rains, the glorious rains - I love to watch the rains, enjoy the rains onscreen! I enjoyed the rains of Humsafars too but more than that I enjoyed the "MOMENT" caught within that rain..

The 3 girls Aarzoo and her siblings are getting drenched and making a wish, unbeknownst to them comes  the knight in suits in a car instead of the proverbial horse  who will be the man who will change their destiny. The way has been created for the 3 dreamers to fulfill their unfulfilled wish.

But what about Sahir - a man entombed within the car - This was for me the best moment of the episode..  Rain is water and water is life - The Ganga which washes away your pain, sorrow, past paving the way for you to move forward - to life YET what does Sahir do? He quietly, mechanically shuts himself off from that very life support.

The Car or was it Sahir himself - A car which is in perfect condition , all parts ticking  yet it fails to start and is stalled much like Sahir  who has emotions, who has a life , who seemingly has everything yet he refuses to live the moment ! to experience the joy, to bask in happiness, He is a guy who willfully seeks and swallows the bitterness (like the toast) for he has been hurt by the sweetness (of Mango), He dare not let go the bitterness cuz that prevents him from being exposed to sweetness of life thence to further betrayal - Sahir is a man afraid to live - He is a man entombed in his prison.

BUT - Did the car stay put? No, the car begun to push ahead - guided by 6 hands who are living the moment!! So will Sahir - Even though he has enclosed himself within the glass prison and considers himself safe from any entrapment - Life has a quirky way of sneaking in   - The last scene - Sahir turning his head and looking towards life - The life that is so near but ah so out of reach !! The life which is happily pushing his stalled life ahead..........

Will his desire override the fear? Will optimism triumph the cynicism? Can Sahir take that step - Towards Life and to the encompassing joy and pain that life always brings you....

To me the episode reeked of unfulfilled agenda's - On one side we have Sahir's unfilled goal of securing the factory and on the other we have Aarzoo's unfulfilled wish of finding a job and third we have the hidden agenda of Sahir's Mom - Every characters are having something painful associated with their lives - Aarzo's wish is derived by the need to provide for her family - A large family with no male head - Her's is the outlook of confidence and optimism..

Sahir's mother is seeking to assuage the humiliation or insult/disrespect of the past - Her agenda is about to be fulfilled nonetheless she did not succumb to bitterness or anger - she patiently bides her time - Hers is the view of reality and pragmatism

Sahir is the man who supposedly lives in the moment yet that moment exists in years gone by - He has succumbed to the pain and has embraced arrogance and bitterness. His vision clouded by darkness that he even maintains a distance from his mother playing the dutiful son rather than being her son.

Coming to Mundane issues - The mansion and the room of Sahir was tastefully done and had a look of opulence which is rarely seen in 4lions ventures.

Kudos to the camera work...

What was jarring though was the lack of emotions cracking the smooth surface of Shivya Pathania - The actor has to improve and improve very fast in all departments

Plus she is a full bodied woman and those gargantuan full billowing clothes make her seem like fat woman adding pounds to her healthy frame - a look into it would be appreciated

Harshad Chopra - Boy!! Can his eyes speak?? The startled awareness as his car moves, the surprise and confusion and his perplexity on his conduct was wonderfully encapsulated by HC but where Harshad fails is in the body language  -He needs to work on that as well as his gait  -The tread of his steps has to be measured, deliberate and well-paced  -Sahir must not lope

The ramp walk was tacky to say the least 

The makers have to take care of these inconsistencies where on one hand there is a grand mansion and on the other we are shown a class room with a ramp walk with most basic decor...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Unfulfilled Agenda

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-24, 14:35

4 Lions are better of weaving stories around ordinary mortals. When they can't afford to depict opulence, why attempt it in the first place?
Haven't watched... I'll wait awhile and see...
Loved reading you as usual

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-09-24, 14:42

Wow....loved it Sathu.....u explained the rain sequence so beautifully :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-09-24, 14:43

I scribbled something on the 2nd epi.....well....harshu is keeping me busy :P

The pages have started turning, words, emotions, actions, reactions getting intertwined, and paths criss-crossing en route to finding Humsafars. But it’s a long way ahead---

She likes rains, he hates them; she gets soaked up in pehli baarish, he rolls over the window shade to not even look at the rainfall; she believes in the duaa of the first showers on the parched earth, he curses the very presence of raindrops.

She loves mangoes; he can’t stand the sight of them, rather he prefers burnt toasts.

She will sacrifice her own happiness/hard work so that her loved ones can be happy(her sister rejects her dress to wear for the modeling show) , on the other hand, he will destroy everything which stands as hurdles in his way to achieve his dreams (he will get the factory destroyed)

But, the differences end here;

The softness in his heart was revealed during rain sequence; when he felt a sudden urge to enjoy the rains as the 3 girls did ---the entire sequence was superbly shot with some brilliant work of Gorky’s camera.

The most important thing which will act as the glue is Arzoo’s design which has accidentally found its place in Sahir’s hands and he has indeed taken fancy to it.

Let’s await how Sahir’s past (bad memories) and Arzoo’s future (untying the 3 knots) shape up their present 

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-24, 14:47

sonshine487 wrote:4 Lions are better of weaving stories around ordinary mortals. When they can't afford to depict opulence, why attempt it in the first place?

A slight correction - 4L do not know how to show regular love stories between ordinary mortals, they need a prince charming n a pretty common damsel or a princess ..

where they lack is in substantiating the myth of Prince/princess  .. In that regards while the mansion was rich enuff..the  ramp walk was so-so

Thanks Appuse

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-09-24, 15:02

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:4 Lions are better of weaving stories around ordinary mortals. When they can't afford to depict opulence, why attempt it in the first place?

A slight correction - 4L do not know how to show regular love stories between ordinary mortals, they need a prince charming n a pretty common damsel or a princess ..

where they lack is in substantiating the myth of Prince/princess  .. In that regards while the mansion was rich enuff..the  ramp walk was so-so

Thanks Appuse

long hug
they should learn...
love is love, whatever their social status

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2014-09-24, 15:28

Awesome Post Tants

U have so so beautifully explained the significance of the Rain scene

The 2nd episode was better than the cliched 1st episode. Hope 4L keep improving the show & hopefully give a proper reason for the past issues of Saahir

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-24, 15:43

pollyanna wrote:Wow....loved it Sathu.....u explained the rain sequence so beautifully :)

Thanks Pallo Jaan long hug ..Lets say Ur enthu caught on plus  it had been a long time since I had been to a Zoo Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves on 2014-09-24, 15:51

pollyanna wrote:Wow....loved it Sathu.....u explained the rain sequence so beautifully :)

There has already been a rain sequence? Shocked Oh ok, I should cool down a bit...

Its the rain sequence with the three girls getting drenched... Rain sequences oddly remind me of the parking duty and the rain hug.
*sigh*

Peeves
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peeves on 2014-09-24, 15:55

archie_79 wrote:Awesome Post Tants

The 2nd episode was better than the cliched 1st episode. Hope 4L keep improving the show & hopefully give a proper reason for the past issues of Saahir

Hope so, if they manage to get to the flashbacks successfully.

Peeves
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-24, 15:57

Loved reading you Sathu... its been a while.

As I said on Manu's update for me the best part of the epi was when the girls start pushing the car... that subtle change on Harshad face was really good 

the fashion show was the worst... how many people were there? looked like it was done in someone's backyard.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-09-24, 16:02

Wow.. loved it.. the way u connected rain to their life was good..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-09-24, 17:58

WOW sathya I am reading you after ages and ages
Please do keep writing my dear

Loved ypur post
Thanks for this unexpected treat
long hug

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-09-24, 18:02

4lions strike again...aiming for grandour and as always failing on some count or other...

no surprise the hero is living in the past and the female is the way forward...

how has the treatment been? is it any different to their previous shows? it doesn't sound like it...so y should I not just watch the re run in my head and save myself the time...

nice to read u after a long time...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-24, 18:16

Peeves wrote:

There has already been a rain sequence? Shocked Oh ok, I should cool down a bit...

Its the rain sequence with the three girls getting drenched... Rain sequences oddly remind me of the parking duty and the rain hug.
*sigh*

No worries Peevee, You will get a 6 packs pretty soon - will erase everything  incl the dreaded tattoos

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-09-24, 18:21

Peeves wrote:

*sigh*
sigh

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-24, 18:25

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thanks Appuse

long hug
they should learn...
love is love, whatever their social status

M&B does not let them - U see

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-24, 18:27

Tanthya wrote:
Peeves wrote:

*sigh*

No worries Peevee, You will get a 6 packs pretty soon - will erase everything  incl the dreaded tattoos
and a dose of Moobs to go with it *ducking from Pallo's chappal*

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Shegarf71 on 2014-09-24, 18:35

Peeves wrote:

*sigh*

hppy hppy hppy peeves no cooling down..especially with those memories...
Tanthyaji,well written of course your magic makes one all pick up the remote and tune in...loved your important focus on things that mere mortals have missed
Sahil...in his fort..and Arzoo..open to life..breathing it in naturally...tainted v/s untarnished..and a saga begins ...y 4L girls can't be the hardened tarnished ones..I don't know and don't want to know...hopefully Arzoo stays strong and does not accept the 'Glutton for abuse' title lazee

Last edited by Shegarf71 on 2014-09-24, 18:48; edited 1 time in total

Shegarf71

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-09-24, 18:37

Thank you Tanthya for your wonderful analysis .... What a pleasure to read you .... I have never seen any harshad chopra serial before ... I'm not impressed yet ... I can't even see his eyes cos he has so much facial hair , I get distracted by that ... But that rain scene was wonderful .... And the beautiful giggles blending in with the rain sound .... Very nicely done ... Sahil wears Over sized clothes, so does Arzoo ... So it's gonna take awhile before we see body language and swags...showing thru those clothes hppy Nice show ... Not gelling yet

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-24, 18:45

trintring wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Peeves wrote:

*sigh*

and ur fetish for silky baal too * My!!!  Gul has taken care of everyone* hppy hppy

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-25, 02:55

Tanthya wrote:
trintring wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Peeves wrote:

*sigh*

and ur fetish for silky baal too * My!!!  Gul has taken care of everyone* hppy hppy

his baal is not silky... its kinda mangy and all wrong (ducking from Pallo's chappal again).. now if it was silky like Shaheer *dreamy eyes*

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-25, 14:12

trintring wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
trintring wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

his baal is not silky... its kinda mangy and all wrong (ducking from Pallo's chappal again).. now if it was silky like Shaheer *dreamy eyes*

There , there, U can deffo use it as a itch reliever Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-09-25, 14:15

Tanthya wrote:
trintring wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
trintring wrote:

There , there, U can deffo use it as a itch reliever Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ROFL   ROFL

waise when is the pool scene airing? 4L are very despo.. releasing so many teasers. They want all HC diwanis back

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-25, 14:16

archie_79 wrote:Awesome Post Tants

Thanks, Shilps

It might have been an improvement but the trademark 4L has not come to the fore yet even though  a glimpse of promise here and there are evident.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 09:24

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum