Latest topics

Raman's rudeness---A mini observation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raman's rudeness---A mini observation

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 20:15

While we wait for the update of this evening's episode, I just wanted to comment on the kind of things Raman tends to scream at Ishita when he's angry. Today when he screamed at her after the debacle at Ashok's house between Horse face and his airhead fiance, or the time when the said airhead spent a night at the Bhalla house, Raman took out all his anger at the situation on Ishita. To offer threats regarding her position in his life is something that I find quite irritating. I mean, he treats Ishita like a metaphorical punching bag or a dust bin on which he can simply take out all his anger and frustration without any thought for the consequences or the effects of his words. His total lack of concern regarding how Ishita might feel when he says such things disturbs me. I understand that Raman is supposed to be a man of actions who communicates through what he does rather than what he says. Still, there should be a limit to the rudeness that a husband can show towards his wife. If that limit is crossed and that too so often, it is no longer just a regular argument. It is a manifestation of the lack of respect that the husband has for his wife.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Raman's rudeness---A mini observation

Post by slmu on 2014-09-30, 20:18

Shocked  you are worked up .. haven't watched today's episode.. but I did see the spoiler video in which he was yelling and telling her she would be out of his life.

I do agree.. there is a limit and he does cross it a lot.. common decency and respect is important and Raman does not stop to think.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 20:24

slmu wrote:Shocked  you are worked up .. haven't watched today's episode.. but I did see the spoiler video in which he was yelling and telling her she would be out of his life.

I do agree.. there is a limit and he does cross it a lot.. common decency and respect is important and Raman does not stop to think.
Yeah Shanthi...today's episode really showed that Ishita was hurt by Raman's words..but then she had to immediately become the perfect bahu working for her family's well-being without giving into any displays of her emotional pain.
I mean, there should be some respect, right?
I liked the fact that when Ishita was angry at Raman about the Sanjana thing, she said that he always made fun of her profession. But such comebacks are rare. Ishita takes it all in stride. And I have grown accustomed to the normal taunts that Raman deals out every day and mostly they are quite funny. But those times when he shouts at her out of anger are moments when he always threatens to throw her out of his life. Where's the respect there?

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-09-30, 20:29

hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:Shocked  you are worked up .. haven't watched today's episode.. but I did see the spoiler video in which he was yelling and telling her she would be out of his life.

Yeah Shanthi...today's episode really showed that Ishita was hurt by Raman's words..but then she had to immediately become the perfect bahu working for her family's well-being without giving into any displays of her emotional pain.
I liked the fact that when Ishita was angry at Raman about the Sanjana thing, she said that he always made fun of her profession. But such comebacks are rare. Ishita takes it all in stride. And I have grown accustomed to the normal taunts that Raman deals out every day and mostly they are quite funny. But those times when he shouts at her out of anger are moments when he always threatens to throw her out of his life. Where's the respect there?

Hmm.. yes.. its annoying that an educated today's woman like Ishita takes it all .. he's forever putting down her profession which i really don't like.. it was like that constant rubbing in of Ishu not being able to have a baby earlier..

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-09-30, 20:48

slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:

Hmm.. yes.. its annoying that an educated today's woman like Ishita takes it all .. he's forever putting down her profession which i really don't like.. it was like that constant rubbing in of Ishu not being able to have a baby earlier..

*thoughtfully* who is Mayya's dentist? Maybe she is working out her suppressed wrathful indignation thru Raman??

Having said that , Raman is yet to understand the importance of Ishita in his life, at present his views are colored for she is his daughter's mom first and then is a wife a distant second..when that changes, so will Raman's attitude..

Plus Raman has had his male ego crushed, his wife taken away by  Ashok, when that same man takes the mickey out of him, his incipient rage is bound to explode and he will take it on a person whom he trusts and believes will not desert him or leave him to his fate and that is Ishita..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-09-30, 21:04

when u r angry the words and taunts and the things u throw out there r overshadowed by your anger...there isn't a filter between the words, your mouth and the hurt one causes by them...and unfortunately its your loved ones who u take it out on as they r more likely to take it...but wat raman doesn't do is after the fact when he has calmed down he doesn't acknowledge that he may have hurt her...that he shouldn't have said it...he is hot headed and unless and until they take that away u may also get such outbursts...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shegarf71 on 2014-09-30, 21:25

I was just thinking that since Raman is mostly thinking about his well being,his likes and dislikes and his view on things that Ishita is not in the picture...she's starting to feature in his thoughts but not as anybody real special yet.And hooks you are right it is a basic disrespect of a person who is his wife..but being his wife is not applicable in the heart of Raman yet hence it doesn't feature in his actions either..I would like to see him display the realisation of his behaviour eventually.It is hard to watch him do this constantly long hug

Shegarf71

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 21:26

Tanthya wrote:
slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:

*thoughtfully* who is Mayya's dentist? Maybe she is working out her suppressed wrathful indignation thru Raman??

Having said that , Raman is yet to understand the importance of Ishita in his life, at present his views are colored for she is his daughter's mom first and then is a wife a distant second..when that changes, so will Raman's attitude..

Plus Raman has had his male ego crushed, his wife taken away by  Ashok, when that same man takes the mickey out of him, his incipient rage is bound to explode and he will take it on a person whom he trusts and believes will not desert him or leave him to his fate and that is Ishita..
yeah, I understand, that is the show's logic. But still, one wishes there was just a bit more respect...a respect that one human being feels for another and nothing more.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 21:29

sarra0 wrote:when u r angry the words and taunts and the things u throw out there r overshadowed by your anger...there isn't a filter between the words, your mouth and the hurt one causes by them...and unfortunately its your loved ones who u take it out on as they r more likely to take it...but wat raman doesn't do is after the fact when he has calmed down he doesn't acknowledge that he may have hurt her...that he shouldn't have said it...he is hot headed and unless and until they take that away u may also get such outbursts...
Exactly! at least look like you're sorry for saying something. But he doesn't care.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 21:30

Shegarf71 wrote:I was just thinking that since Raman is mostly thinking about his well being,his likes and dislikes and his view on things that Ishita is not in the picture...she's starting to feature in his thoughts but not as anybody real special yet.And hooks you are right it is a basic disrespect of a person who is his wife..but being his wife is not applicable in the heart of Raman yet hence it doesn't feature in his actions either..I would like to see him display the realisation of his behaviour eventually.It is hard to watch him do this constantly long hug
Yeah....and for this Mani is needed.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-09-30, 21:32

Just watched the episode.. and Hooked I agree.. there was absolutely no need to let fly like that.. all he had to say was stay away and don't interfere.. no need for all that you are out of my life stuff.. when they find out that Ashok is intent on trapping Mihika does Ishu get to say you didnt listen so you are out of my life next time you do it?

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 21:37

slmu wrote:Just watched the episode.. and Hooked I agree.. there was absolutely no need to let fly like that.. all he had to say was stay away and don't interfere.. no need for all that you are out of my life stuff.. when they find out that Ashok is intent on trapping Mihika does Ishu get to say you didnt listen so you are out of my life next time you do it?
Oh god! He's already taunting her like every second for 'lecturing him' when all she does is give him solid advice on how to sort out his mess of a life. God knows what he will come up with if she actually dares to do that!?!  Shocked

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shegarf71 on 2014-09-30, 21:39

hooked wrote:
Shegarf71 wrote:I was just thinking that since Raman is mostly thinking about his well being,his likes and dislikes and his view on things that Ishita is not in the picture...she's starting to feature in his thoughts but not as anybody real special yet.And hooks you are right it is a basic disrespect of a person who is his wife..but being his wife is not applicable in the heart of Raman yet hence it doesn't feature in his actions either..I would like to see him display the realisation of his behaviour eventually.It is hard to watch him do this constantly long hug

Coming up Next hppy Twisted Evil

Shegarf71

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 21:40

Shegarf71 wrote:
hooked wrote:

teehee! Raman's complacency is going to take a severe thrashing soon....  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-09-30, 21:42

Ishu should protest against this verbal abuse 
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shegarf71 on 2014-09-30, 21:45

hooked wrote:
Shegarf71 wrote:
hooked wrote:

teehee! Raman's complacency is going to take a severe thrashing soon....  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

He's already exhibiting a crumbling ego syndrome..by hiding his breaking pride in the potty..while checking her friends list...and behind his car when trying to pick her up under manis house...and by sneaking up behind her at the coffee shop on her date with Mani hppy

Shegarf71

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 21:45

--sumana13-- wrote:Ishu should protest against this verbal abuse 
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
It's like soaps live in this world where women can bear anything. Only the bad women show anger such as Shagun in today's episode...screaming and shouting. The good women are always reserved and never indulge in emotional outbursts unless it is for the sake of comedy.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 21:46

Shegarf71 wrote:
hooked wrote:
Shegarf71 wrote:
hooked wrote:

He's already exhibiting a crumbling ego syndrome..by hiding his breaking pride in the potty..while checking her friends list...and behind his car when trying to pick her up under manis house...and by sneaking up behind her at the coffee shop on her date with Mani hppy
yeah..he's going to be a hell of a possessive husband...  Twisted Evil

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-09-30, 21:46

hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:Just watched the episode.. and Hooked I agree.. there was absolutely no need to let fly like that.. all he had to say was stay away and don't interfere.. no need for all that you are out of my life stuff.. when they find out that Ashok is intent on trapping Mihika does Ishu get to say you didnt listen so you are out of my life next time you do it?
Oh god! He's already taunting her like every second for 'lecturing him' when all she does is give him solid advice on how to sort out his mess of a life. God knows what he will come up with if she actually dares to do that!?!  Shocked

shocked silly no doubt.. and wake up from his "I can say what I like - nobody gets to challenge me" daydream.. you know like bullies being stood up to.. what a pity Ishu won't put him to the test

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-09-30, 21:49

slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:

shocked silly no doubt.. and wake up from his "I can say what I like - nobody gets to challenge me" daydream.. you know like bullies being stood up to.. what a pity Ishu won't put him to the test
yeah....really twisted...the thing is we do say a lot of hurtful things when we are angry...but we feel remorse later. Just a bit of remorse would have been nice. I'm not even demanding eternal gratitude or anything which any other person in Raman's position would have felt...for all that she has done for his daughter and him alone.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-09-30, 21:58

hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:

yeah....really twisted...the thing is we do say a lot of hurtful things when we are angry...but we feel remorse later. Just a bit of remorse would have been nice. I'm not even demanding eternal gratitude or anything which any other person in Raman's position would have felt...for all that she has done for his daughter and him alone.

agree totally.. some remorse will be really good

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-09-30, 23:09

hooked wrote:
sarra0 wrote:when u r angry the words and taunts and the things u throw out there r overshadowed by your anger...there isn't a filter between the words, your mouth and the hurt one causes by them...and unfortunately its your loved ones who u take it out on as they r more likely to take it...but wat raman doesn't do is after the fact when he has calmed down he doesn't acknowledge that he may have hurt her...that he shouldn't have said it...he is hot headed and unless and until they take that away u may also get such outbursts...
Exactly! at least look like you're sorry for saying something. But he doesn't care.
he cares...kindof..but selfishly for now...she isn't the priority or something special to him yet..just growing...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:34

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum