Latest topics

'TV Shows Are the Ticket to Bollywood': Nalini Negi (Trisha Swaika)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'TV Shows Are the Ticket to Bollywood': Nalini Negi (Trisha Swaika)

Post by trintring on 2014-10-05, 06:18

Nalini Negi doesn't believe in being modest for the sake of it. This Delhi girl admits that she wants fame, money and recognition. In a candid chat she shares her thoughts on her debut show Laut Aao Trisha, her bond with Bhagyashree and her career so far.

Laut Aao Trisha is your debut show, how does it feel to be a part of it?
I am happy and excited. I have been a huge fan of shows like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi since childhood. TV shows give you fame easily and in my opinion, they are a ticket to Bollywood as well. The reach and exposure of TV has got bigger with stars like Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and others appearing on it. Being an actor, I always wanted to be on TV so getting this role was a dream come true.

How did you bag this role?
It was nothing special. I have been a struggling actor for quite some time. Once at an audition, I met people from the 24 Frames production house. Some time later, I got a call from them saying I had been shortlisted for a role. They told me I would have to visit them for a look test. I passed the look and mock tests after which the channel and the producer decided to cast me in the role of Trisha.

You have been a model. How different is the TV scene?
A model always has to look stiff and emotionless on the ramp. But acting is hugely different. One needs to be flexible and expressive while models are rigid and blank. It's tough to give expressions. I have attended a number of workshops to learn how to emote and express myself. When I landed in Mumbai, I went for many auditions and that's when I realised I had a flair for acting.

What made you take the big leap?
I always wanted to be popular. I think this is a very good platform for me to get fame and money as well as improve my brand image. I want people to identify with me and that should happen because of this show. People should know who Nalini Negi is! Modelling also gave me fame but it was limited. A good model is known only within the industry and not outside. I always wanted more exposure and recognition. I think I took a calculated decision.

Were you nervous to give your first shot?
Yes, absolutely! But I don't think it's just me, everyone is nervous when they shoot for the first time.

Since you have been portrayed as "missing" in the show, your screen time is bound to be lesser than your co-stars. Does that bother you?
No it doesn't. The story is about Trisha, the protagonist who is missing. I am not worried about screen time. The channel has been promoting me well all over India. From Chandigarh to the Pro Kabaddi League matches, we were everywhere. Trisha, the name of my character is in the title... what could be a bigger promotion than that? This is the initial stage of the show and that's what the story demands right now. The plot will move forward and reach a point where they will show where Trisha has disappeared!

Who is your favourite co-actor?
(Smiles) I can't be biased. I think they are all nice. I have different emotional scenes with everyone and I bond differently with them.

What is your equation with Bhagyashree like? Does she give you tips on acting?
Working with her is superb. Since I was nervous in the initial days she noticed my hesitation and told me not to think I was acting at all. She advised me to be as natural as possible to connect with the audience. Recently she was shooting for an emotional sequence where she had to shed tears. She said she thought of me and got really emotional while enacting the scene. That's how deep our bond is! I really look up to her and have learnt a lot from her in terms of acting, grooming and dialogue delivery.

TRIVIA ABOUT NALINI NEGI

• Nalini says she always wanted to make her debut with the Star Network.
  • She holds a Master’s degree in Mass Communication from Delhi University.
  • Nalini loves to swim and more so when it’s raining!
  • Recently, at a party, she lost her phone and no one could contact her for two days. “I play the part of the ‘missing girl’ in my show and this time I played the same part in real life as well,” she laughs.
  • She is a total party girl and loves to hang out with her gal pals.

[size=undefined]Source: Masala.com[/size]

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: 'TV Shows Are the Ticket to Bollywood': Nalini Negi (Trisha Swaika)

Post by trintring on 2014-10-05, 06:20

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Such an entertaining interview.... full of gems.... she reminds me of loudmouth Sonam Kapoor.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-10-05, 19:46

hppy  ah no modesty in this one

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by -*Fenil*- on 2014-10-05, 20:10

hehe .. nice intrvw ..

loved it ..

tfs

-*Fenil*-
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:53

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum