Latest topics

Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 13:21

A master stroke undone by the weapon ; A thunder blow freeing the heart encased ; A honeyed poison glistening, alluring but toxic all the same -Humsafars continued its journey with its motley companions.

Touted as a Maha episode, Humsafars still managed to pack the odd gems here and there for it to be a  pleasing episode.

I've become a captive of my own ambitions.



The first gem of a scene happened in the beginning - Sahir is put out that his mother dearest did not give him his yearly eidi of Rs.500 unaware that Mother dearest has decided to make him the bakra of eid. Alvira does not allow this opportunity to slip by, deftly like a pro poker player, she slips in the no good Zaki as the  gift for Sahir!! The ubiquitous Anam watches like a raven poised on the totem pole, watching, observing the reactions of Sahir , His momentary shock, surprise and his resigned capitulation - Sahir might have folded in without a fight but not so Anam, she will not let any obstacles in her path to keep her from VP. 

Ambition, greed, desire when not checked can dominate you and make you its slave rendering you incapable of objectivity So is the case with Alvira and Anam - Alvira who wants to see her son as the VP , refusing to face the truth that her darling dear son is least willing to  take up any responsibility. She plays her cards calmly, sounding reasonable whilst making the most unreasonable demand, Her vaulting ambition's will not be checked in my reality - What is behind Alvira's determination to seek the Vice presidentship? Is it purely the unselfish maternal instinct at work or is it about something else?

Anam -The ever alert hunter who is keeping a close watch on the maneuvers that's going on in her turf .The sharp eyes not missing the moves, agile mind swiftly plotting moves to counter the looming threat, her ambition refusing to yield an inch -These two adversary are well matched, patient , ambitious and utterly ruthless.

Where does that leave Sahir? A son or a beholden child who is indebted to Alvira? A business man who relies on Anam and her machinations , who knows Zaki is a wastrel but seems to be a puppet at the hands of Alvira - Who is Sahir - A son or a tool?

By the will art thou lost, by the will art thou found, by the will art thou free, captive, and bound.
                                                                                                   Angelus Silesius


A man who is 'wakeful' even when sleeping, A man who has reined in his emotions , locked it in a vault and thrown the keys away. A man who knows what bitterness, betrayal is and refuses to allow the pains to recede, he courts them like a devout savoring the bitterness , resenting any attempts to remove the burns or scars from his psyche -What will he do when Spring is nearing? How will he react when his unspoken 'Aarzoo' is heard ??

Sahir who has locked his finer feeling within his heart, living the life of a young man who has renounced all attachments save one or two. There is no place for compassion or kindness in him, detachment swirls around him successfully keeping away the wisps of bonding and emotions that might come in the way while traversing the land of life. He is a man who wishes to dwell in the land of barrenness and desolation but land or man or life are subject to cycles or seasons.. if winters are here then spring shall not be far behind - Spring comes!! Alas !! She is encased , enslaved , entombed by the glass walls preventing her from reaching  out to the lonely man in the wilderness, subverting her attempts to usher in the radiance of the sun, the fragrance of life, the joy of life into the wasted land , preventing her from getting his Aarzo.. his wish for freedom - from bitterness, from insecurity from loneliness but as they say when you ardently wish for something, the whole world conspires to get it to you.. Sahir ever wakeful to the opportunities will not be denied his share of warmth. Aloft he swings  the pole , breaking the prison, releasing the spring from captivity , ushering in colors into his colorless life - is Sahir ready for the change?

 Black and white - the decadence and innocence , the Satan and the angel - This theme has been done to death yet never palls in appeal.. Sahir clad in dark clothes approaches Aarzoo dressed in white , purity personified ..The darkness appears overpowering and string nonetheless the simple truth is white encompasses dark and so shall  the fate of Sahir be.

Also loved the fact that Aarzoo comes prepacked with bridal wear  within that box..quite  aheavy handed suggestion that nevertheless quaint and  ooohworthy!!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-10-07, 13:23

Awesome post Sathya 
Dance Clap

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts : 27532
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by pollyanna on 2014-10-07, 14:38

loved the way u describe Sahir ......

so symbolically....will aarzoo get married to sahir?? but was brought to mbai by alvira for Zaki?? is that her gameplan......

Is sahir not her first born.....?? I hope this is not KDM redux....




pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by slmu on 2014-10-07, 14:45

Lovely post Tants .. almost tempting me to watch

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 21953
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Abavi on 2014-10-07, 14:56

Nice post tantwa. Is the story something on the lines of Ramayan?


Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4023
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 15:14

--sumana13-- wrote:Awesome post Sathya 
Dance Clap

Thank You, Manu long hug

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by pollyanna on 2014-10-07, 15:14

Vi......Ramayan Rolling Eyes u got me thinking Wink

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by trintring on 2014-10-07, 15:18

Trust you to make a mediocre episode seem so special!!! how do you make things so beautifully natural... its like a river that flows :D

I am loving the manipulative Alvira and loved her masterstroke. Anam is doing good too. Apparently another character is joining soon who will be evil. so is everyone using Sahir in some way? 

as soon as I saw the breaking glass scene I thought wish Sathu writes today... and I got my wish  long hug

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 982
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Maria J on 2014-10-07, 15:27

loved reading u Tants..

Maria J
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8584
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 15:35

pollyanna wrote:loved the way u describe Sahir ......

so symbolically....will aarzoo get married to sahir?? but was brought to mbai by alvira for Zaki?? is that her gameplan......

Is sahir not her first born.....?? I hope this is not KDM redux....




Thank Pallo..

Why?? He has freed his inner feelings but will she be his .. or will he be destined to be a tool AGAIn?

There is a bond or a relationship that is NOT of a mom-progeny..its more of gratitude or bounden one.. what if Sahir was the orphan child while Alvira was the step mom ?

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by sharmibalan on 2014-10-07, 15:45

Awesome girl....:) every time after I read your take on the episode and then watch it again.....I notice a whole lot of things that I had missed earlier.....

Tants...long hug

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 770
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 15:56

slmu wrote:Lovely post Tants .. almost tempting me to watch

*Sepulchral tone*  One day YOU will watch ..Omm Shanthi Shanthii

Thanks , Peace dove hpee

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 16:01

Abavi wrote:Nice post tantwa. Is the story something on the lines of Ramayan?

Thank Vi ..

more like Karna .. I wud say

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 16:25

pollyanna wrote:Vi......Ramayan Rolling Eyes  u got me thinking Wink

khullke thinks, Pallo Jaan ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by pollyanna on 2014-10-07, 16:45

Haan...karna is more appropriate......ohh...i wud kiss 4L if they depict karna in Sahir...it will b wow......

my palace of illusions taking shape in some way or the other Wink

trin....dditto here...i have not watched the epis.....i was on vacation and also TV not working.....but somehow felt that sathu will write......when i read abt the glass thing :)


pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 16:54

trintring wrote:Trust you to make a mediocre episode seem so special!!! how do you make things so beautifully natural... its like a river that flows :D

I am loving the manipulative Alvira and loved her masterstroke. Anam is doing good too. Apparently another character is joining soon who will be evil. so is everyone using Sahir in some way? 

as soon as I saw the breaking glass scene I thought wish Sathu writes today... and I got my wish  long hug


Aww Trings long hug ..I would not be able to do anything about it if there was nothing in the  epi..  Thankss alot

Yes, and the beauty of it is, her manipulations do not seem as  such.. it feels as if  everything is being done inlove and affection Kudos to Viba Chibber for that effect.. I am actually liking this Mom who is a regular human instead of a devi mayya....

Anam should stop twisting her lips quite often  , I am liking her tone and her voice .. Plus she needs a costume change.. A elegant kuri or stylish sari befitting a VP or a career woman wud be welcome instead of walking around as a mannequin..

 *Chuckles* I am so predictable hpee hpee

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 17:22

Maria J wrote:loved reading u Tants..

Hugs and Thanks Ria Jaan long hug

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by trintring on 2014-10-07, 17:57

Tanthya wrote:
trintring wrote:Trust you to make a mediocre episode seem so special!!! how do you make things so beautifully natural... its like a river that flows :D

I am loving the manipulative Alvira and loved her masterstroke. Anam is doing good too. Apparently another character is joining soon who will be evil. so is everyone using Sahir in some way? 

as soon as I saw the breaking glass scene I thought wish Sathu writes today... and I got my wish  long hug


Aww Trings long hug ..I would not be able to do anything about it if there was nothing in the  epi..  Thankss alot

Yes, and the beauty of it is, her manipulations do not seem as  such.. it feels as if  everything is being done inlove and affection Kudos to Viba Chibber for that effect.. I am actually liking this Mom who is a regular human instead of a devi mayya....

Anam should stop twisting her lips quite often  , I am liking her tone and her voice .. Plus she needs a costume change.. A elegant kuri or stylish sari befitting a VP or a career woman wud be welcome instead of walking around as a mannequin..

 *Chuckles* I am so predictable hpee hpee
yeah in an interview recently she said that her clothes were stylish but they have also kept in mind the muslim background. Errmmm all I see is clothes which models wear on the ramp but nobody wears around home or work.  Hope they look into it.

Also Arzoo's flesh colored sleeves were horrible... atleast white would have looked ok. Can we ever stop complaining about the costumes of 4L heroines? Just because she is moderate does not mean that she has to wear tents all the time.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 982
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 18:04

trintring wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
trintring wrote:Trust you to make a mediocre episode seem so special!!! how do you make things so beautifully natural... its like a river that flows :D

I am loving the manipulative Alvira and loved her masterstroke. Anam is doing good too. Apparently another character is joining soon who will be evil. so is everyone using Sahir in some way? 

as soon as I saw the breaking glass scene I thought wish Sathu writes today... and I got my wish  long hug


Aww Trings long hug ..I would not be able to do anything about it if there was nothing in the  epi..  Thankss alot

Yes, and the beauty of it is, her manipulations do not seem as  such.. it feels as if  everything is being done inlove and affection Kudos to Viba Chibber for that effect.. I am actually liking this Mom who is a regular human instead of a devi mayya....

Anam should stop twisting her lips quite often  , I am liking her tone and her voice .. Plus she needs a costume change.. A elegant kuri or stylish sari befitting a VP or a career woman wud be welcome instead of walking around as a mannequin..

 *Chuckles* I am so predictable hpee hpee
yeah in an interview recently she said that her clothes were stylish but they have also kept in mind the muslim background. Errmmm all I see is clothes which models wear on the ramp but nobody wears around home or work.  Hope they look into it.

Also Arzoo's flesh colored sleeves were horrible... atleast white would have looked ok. Can we ever stop complaining about the costumes of 4L heroines? Just because she is moderate does not mean that she has to wear tents all the time.

THAT is no stylish..That makes no sense at all.. I do not see Any muslim wearing it ..moderate or liberated inside the house or office purpose..it looks fit for costumed party and not as a office wear ..even the so called Models had better styled clothes to wear than Anam !!

Urghhh.. either white or red ..I am glad that they got rid of that ridiculous hair style though..Now they need to get her suitably fitted.. she has quite a good figure, well rounded without  velvets ...They should show her off to her advantage rather than trying to get her to fit their mold..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Abavi on 2014-10-07, 18:35

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:Nice post tantwa. Is the story something on the lines of Ramayan?

Thank Vi ..

more like Karna .. I wud say
why karna?

I thought of kaikeyi angle...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4023
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 18:38

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:Nice post tantwa. Is the story something on the lines of Ramayan?

Thank Vi ..

more like Karna .. I wud say
why karna?

I thought of kaikeyi angle...

A Man who gave and gave even the very armour tht protected him..A man who longed to be accepted but was faced with rejection..Warrior who was respected for his skills but not loved , Ppl used him and he selflessly gave despite knowing he was used..Ruthless and focused in his pursuit of gaining the knowledge of archery, steadfast in his decision to kill Arjuna ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Pooh on 2014-10-07, 19:33

I Do not think she is brought here for Zaki... but for Anam...!! Its very interesting to see that Alvira does not really appreciate her that much and keeps testing her.... Sahir seems to have immense faith in Anam purely bcos of her dedication to Saaayara Brand..and I think she hold some cluth over Sahir which i think Alvira is not comfortable about... Bringing in Arzoo & tricking Zaki to be the VP will breaks that path over Sahir.

To Me Zaki is most interesting Char here.. he is one of those guys who will lay cool and strike at the right time..!!

Though I agree that Alvira is the masterplayer here is yet to be seen if she is good or the bad .

Tantss... well done write up !

Pooh
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 59
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-07, 20:18

Pooh wrote:I Do not think she is brought here for Zaki... but for Anam...!! Its very interesting to see that Alvira does not really appreciate her that much and keeps testing her.... Sahir seems to have immense faith in Anam purely bcos of her dedication to Saaayara Brand..and I think she hold some cluth over Sahir which i think Alvira is not comfortable about... Bringing in Arzoo & tricking Zaki to be the VP will breaks that path over Sahir.

To Me Zaki is most interesting Char here.. he is one of those guys who will lay cool and strike at the right time..!!

Though I agree that Alvira is the masterplayer here is yet to be seen if she is good or the bad .

Tantss... well done write up !
No nt fr Anam..She is bought for Alvira ... the pawn that will do the bidding of alvira and checkmate Anam..

No Pooh.. If Anam had a hold over Sahir , her attitude wud be different and not eager to please him .. Sahir relies on Anam where business is concerned and Anam is a roadblock fr Zaki..Alvira wants to get rid of that roadblock  by introducing Arzoo ..this is Alvira's Arzoo

Zaki reminds me of Saif Ali Khan in Yeh dillagi - good for nothing  but good at heart, irresponsible , maa ka ladla .. who cud get the lady to dance to his tunes..

Thankss lovess ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Kishmish on 2014-10-07, 21:27

Basically am quite blank about the story Tanthu ...
so just cannot comment except that its good to
see so many familiar names here ...
Lets see if I'm able to watch the episodes from the beginning ... hpee

Kishmish
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 33
Join date : 2013-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-10-07, 22:27

Oh No! U writing for Hum-sufferers!
Sabi was right!
Don't make me watch! I won't! I won't! I wont!
Not another 4L jalebi!
I won't!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars - Captive Freedom

Post by Sponsored content Today at 00:14


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum