Latest topics

Humsafars -Ahle daanish ne bahut soch kar uljhayi hai is Gutti ko

Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Humsafars -Ahle daanish ne bahut soch kar uljhayi hai is Gutti ko

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 12:46

Symbolism is a tool that has been used  from  antediluvian times yet as an instrument  of advancing the story, it has been used as an allegory, metaphor,Irony from the ages of cavemen , to say that Symbolism has remained static is a misnomer, Symbolism has evolved and is evolving as Forum32 so graciously pointed out, what they also highlighted was that in this age of technology and gadgets, SYMBOLISM is STILL used as a weapon in story telling, With a gentle nod of appreciation  at their helpful explanation, Let me commence my take on  Humsafars riddled with Symbolism ofc.

Moon, Tamarind seed, JahanAra,names

Moon

Moon  is almost synonymous with lovers assignation, with darkness - There is an aura of romance associated with the moon, romance & danger casting aside this notions , What is Moon? Moon is a celestial body that reflects the lights of the sun as it has no light of its own - It lives on borrowed light So why is Sahir cast in the mould of moon? what is his affinity to moon? Is he moon too? a man who is living on borrowed life , A man who has no light of his own, whose life is clothed in constant darkness ..Moon is one which goes through periodic deaths to be reborn again as new moon..

Marte Hein Aarzu Mein Marne Ki..
Maut Aati Hein, Par Nahi Aati

Sahir, the moon who is longing to die, who seeks death fervently is frustrated cuz death eludes him..The SYMBOLIC shot of the couplet floating away in water,to dissolve,, farther from him was the touch of the master - Kudos to Gorky for that powerful scene.

The tranquil Moon/Sahir is self possessed, detached from life , an observer  not yet a participator desirous of death and what does he get? A seed from the Sun - A seed of life , of faith and of trust - Sahir grasps it like a drowning man clutching at the straws..But can a moon and Sun be together or will they be the travelers traversing the same path  but not together, Are Arzoo and Sahir destined to be like the proverbial Sun and moon.. They are considered to be eternal companions yet they are never present at the same time , each influencing the other but unable to be together! ( Well, that was rhetorical  as we know that  fans will never allow that) ..

Names are a powerful way of denoting a character, often times writers have used names as a pointer to the characters - you do not have  a character named Duryodhan doing charities or a Arjun who is a coward Such is the case here ..

Alvira -  I am quite intrigued with Alvira, who is she? whats her dynamics with Sahir, Zaki ? They call her Ammi but her behavior is not consistent with a mother. Alvira means a Stranger or a guardian, does that mean that she is guarding her wards from  anything evil to affect them or is she a guardian to Sahir.

There was a shot  2 days back where you have Sahir and Arzoo close together while Anam and Alvira are together looking on at this two - Was Alvira acting as the guardian protecting 2 innocents or was she colluding with Anam to separate the two before Arzoo can prove a threat to her ? time will tell...

Anam and Sarafaraz are blessing and blessing they shall prove to be in the end but both will be a hurdle to Sahir and Arzoo, yes Arzoo has stated quite unequivocally that she is with Saiyaara and that she will not do anything that will bring  shame to Saiyyara or to Sahir but is that possible ..I do not think so.. For we see Sahir instinctive backing off when confronted with dirt and squalor  ..He refuses to touch the soiled sample piece or the coffee as there is condensation on it ..Still he does give a chance to redeem themselves..

Off tangent : Loved the softening of  the piercing gaze of Sahir when Arzoo honestly admits her mistake and says Sorry in the cabin..There is no yelling or cutting her to ribbons..Just a quick glance and looking away after assuring himself that it was meant from heart...

But does Arzoos test end there ? There is a new complication with Zaki around and with  Arzoo pretending to be his girl friend. This is bound to blow up and boomerang later on Arzoo, her chaste heart blotted by the stigma ... 

Leaving that Aside..let me speak on Jahan Ara ..Jahan Ara means the queen , Arzoo can be the queen only when she is with the king and the king here is Sahir but will she be allowed easy access to the King? will her path be smooth  - what about Zaki's implication that Arzoo bested Alvira? Does that mean that Alvira will try to hinder Arzoo's progress or prevent Sahir's coming close to Arzoo? Will Alvira and Anam unite to stop Sahir and Arzoo?

Azmaish kadi hai par himmat rakh Sahir himmat rakh...
Sakht Dushwaar hai ki ehsaas ki gutthi suljhe
Ahle daanish ne bahut soch kar uljhayi hai...

The doubts on her, her character, the uljhan of her involvement with Zaki, her father , her emotions vis a vis  Sahir - Will this be the Aazmayish of both Sahir ( his feelings of being betrayed) and Arzoo - The knot that is bound on the dupatta of Arzoo .. will she begin to untie them,  solving, finding the solutions and diligently removing the slur, the dirt that was cast on her just the way she cleansed the muddied Sample.

Yes, Arzoo was offered a ride to her destination , Yes Arzoo saved the precious sample before it were to be destroyed permanently Thus will she save her relationship  (in nick of time) ..Yes, She refused to sit in the car  refusing to go to the destination, Arzoo chose to reach her destination all by herself and she did find the way but was she able to reach the goal for they were still separated by a partition , a cloud of uncertainty/mistrust lingering in the mind of Sahir until the truth and the way was pointed out by Zaki, the pure heart.

I conclude by pointing out that as Forum32 so pertinently pointed Symbolism evolves and does not get redundant like dinosaur - so better bear in mind tht all these are just speculations done by an whimsical mind slated to get overhauled with the next set of  ' evolved symbolism's' ..

P:S: Loved the fact that Sahir was in black and Arzoo in white during one of their meetings...

The continuity Maharaj has to stop snoring cuz there is a consistent discontinuity in continuity..

Is the office nearer to Sahir's house cuz Arzoo  seems to be teleported to and from with an unbelievable ease ..I guess  Traffic jams just dissolve when she sets about on her rendezvous..?

Arzoo was wide awake the whole night yet is squirrely fresh in the morning?

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Humsafars -Ahle daanish ne bahut soch kar uljhayi hai is Gutti ko

Post by pollyanna on 2014-10-10, 14:32

Likey likey likey..... long hug

REDUX is BACK!!!!

kya zabardast Sahir ko samjha hai aapne... and with the meanings of names and the relation with the characters......

Muaaahh Sathu.......

OLD DAYS ARE BACK.....

now pls brinjal and betel too.....I love u :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2014-10-10, 14:53

Mind-blowing post Tants

U deciphered the symbolisms like only u can do  long hug

The moon part was beautiful, I absolutely loved it

Also u said "They are considered to be eternal companions yet they are never present at the same time , each influencing the other but unable to be together!" But we should not forget that moon & sun do come together at the same time on New Moon day (though moon is overpowered by the brightness of the sun). 

Did not know the meaning of the names of the characters, u have explained & connected them so nicely
What is the meaning of Saahir? I know Aarzoo means wish

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 14:58

archie_79 wrote:Mind-blowing post Tants

Also u said "They are considered to be eternal companions yet they are never present at the same time , each influencing the other but unable to be together!" But we should not forget that moon & sun do come together at the same time on New Moon day (though moon is overpowered by the brightness of the sun). 

Did not know the meaning of the names of the characters, u have explained & connected them so nicely

Sahir - wakeful/charmer/enchanted

Thanks Shilps  long hug

YUp, Shilps ..Moon and Sun come together .. remember the song that was played.. That Dil toh Pagal hai song.. there is a line Milna/bichadna ... that wud explain it..

Honestly speaking HS is proving to be tightly written than their previous shows..Only thing to see is whether they sustain it or go into their habitual tailspin..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 15:01

pollyanna wrote:Likey likey likey.....  long hug

REDUX is BACK!!!!

kya zabardast Sahir ko samjha hai aapne... and with the meanings of names and the relation with the characters......

Muaaahh Sathu.......

OLD DAYS ARE BACK.....

now pls brinjal and betel too.....I love u :)

Thankoooo long hug

Awww Sweets.. There was so much to write about but could not manage .. khair some other day ..  This shows has many many gutti's that can keep us occupied  the whole day

Brintel - Very simple hai... Tum khud hi sochle hpee

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-10-10, 15:08

me stuck at work so haven't seen the epi yet. No Don't wanna read you before I watch though. Will read and comment eventually (when I do get the time)... but from the looks of things 4L magic is starting. Hope they keet at it this time and don't flounder half way through.

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 15:24

trintring wrote:me stuck at work so haven't seen the epi yet. No Don't wanna read you before I watch though. Will read and comment eventually (when I do get the time)... but from the looks of things 4L magic is starting. Hope they keet at it this time and don't flounder half way through.

Hope U get free soon enough.. Will wait for your inputs as well ..Hoping fr the same here too .. TBH, Show is building up quite nicely, much better than previous show

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2014-10-10, 15:41

Tanthya wrote:

Thanks Shilps  long hug

YUp, Shilps ..Moon and Sun come together .. remember the song that was played.. That Dil toh Pagal hai song.. there is a line Milna/bichadna ... that wud explain it..

Honestly speaking HS is proving to be tightly written than their previous shows..Only thing to see is whether they sustain it or go into their habitual tailspin..

Well love stories will have milna/bichadna but end mein toh always they will be together  Twisted Evil

Lets see, I dont trust 4L, they will ruin it. I dont know if Sony interferes with their shows.........does Sony have great expectations from it? TVTs this week is stable at 0.9

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 16:01

archie_79 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thanks Shilps  long hug

Well love stories will have milna/bichadna but end mein toh always they will be together  Twisted Evil

Lets see, I dont trust 4L, they will ruin it. I dont know if Sony interferes with their shows.........does Sony have great expectations from it? TVTs this week is stable at 0.9
Yes.. but proportions matter ... dekhte hain whether they stick to their script or succumb to the Fan's fanaticism n keep on piling Love scenes ..

I believe Sony tries to provide as much freedom as possible.. Lets see ..

what is it in TRP, Meri Math Genius?? Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2014-10-10, 16:20

Tanthya wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thanks Shilps  long hug

Yes.. but proportions matter ... dekhte hain whether they stick to their script or succumb to the Fan's fanaticism n keep on piling Love scenes ..

TRP is 0.4, my Literary Guru  Twisted Evil

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-10-10, 16:23

Yaaron...Gul nahi hai yahan...its gorky and aniruddh....hence ho sakta hai story will not falter much....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 16:27

archie_79 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thanks Shilps  long hug

TRP is 0.4, my Literary Guru  Twisted Evil

Dhat Teri..I just hope it increases A LOT !!! I would stick my neck out and say that this is the best of 4L .. Shows ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 16:29

pollyanna wrote:Yaaron...Gul nahi hai yahan...its gorky and aniruddh....hence ho sakta hai story will not falter much....

What has Anirudh directed??  You have no idea how ecstatic I am to know that Flower Mom is not in the mix..

hpee

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-10-10, 16:38

aniruddh doesnt have a body of work to boast of .....nothing very popular but he can become a sleeper hit kinda director .....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 16:44

pollyanna wrote:aniruddh doesnt have a body of work to boast of .....nothing very popular but he can become a sleeper hit kinda director .....
What did  he do ?? Shocked Shocked

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2014-10-10, 17:34

Hey Tants what good decoding of symbolism. Reminds me of Redux so much.
I am also intrigue by Alvira, I am also thinking what is the relation between her n Sahir. As he did not question on Alvira hiring Aarzoo. 
Anam I am sure is not going to interfere till her position is not threatened. Alvira I think wants Aarzoo for something, she has got her to Mumbai with a purpose. Maybe for Sahir  or then something else.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by riti4u on 2014-10-10, 18:08

Hey Sathya,

Its feel back to those redux days with your write ups and symbolism take.. I have started watching this show .. for obvious similarities in story with IPK i see.. So far show has not grown so much but lets see phront phront what happens..

As usual you are brilliant with your analysis. I liked your Alvira's character analysis..Even i feel intrigued with this character. She is different mother to sahir and zaki.. Wondering if she is real mother to Sahir . Anam is interesting character too along with zaki.. I hope they do pay heed to these other characters apart from leads.

On leads ..I like HC from his previous show and girl looks good too. Sahir's character is still mysterious and I still havent connected to the character so far.. I like Aarzoo.. for a change I see a woman who is not afraid to hurt people in anger... I love how she threw her mobile at Sahir:cheers:

riti4u

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 18:09

amimus wrote:Hey Tants what good decoding of symbolism. Reminds me of Redux so much.
I am also intrigue by Alvira, I am also thinking what is the relation between her n Sahir. As he did not question on Alvira hiring Aarzoo. 
Anam I am sure is not going to interfere till her position is not threatened. Alvira I think wants Aarzoo for something, she has got her to Mumbai with a purpose. Maybe for Sahir  or then something else.
Hi Ami Jaan,

Thanks Hun .. 4L and Symbolism have  '  evolved'

Alvira and Sahir are the closed characters ..so far .. I am more excited about Alvira than Sahir though.. their peeling of the layers will be interesting ..

Yes, Anam will not interfere but will not stop herself from  giving odd jabs either ..

Does Alvira want Arzoo fr Saiyyara or the kids?

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2014-10-10, 19:34

Tanthya wrote:
amimus wrote:Hey Tants what good decoding of symbolism. Reminds me of Redux so much.
Hi Ami Jaan,

Thanks Hun .. 4L and Symbolism have  '  evolved'

Alvira and Sahir are the closed characters ..so far .. I am more excited about Alvira than Sahir though.. their peeling of the layers will be interesting ..

Yes, Anam will not interfere but will not stop herself from  giving odd jabs either ..

Does Alvira want Arzoo fr Saiyyara or the kids?
I think it's for Saiyara, she needs someone to keep her updated on the happenings of Saiyara. Who better than Aarzoo as she will be indebted to Alvira for sure.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S on 2014-10-10, 19:51

That was lovely, Tanthya.

Moon: I loved the two versions in the coffee scene. How they both adore the moon, but interpret it differently- how the same object of beauty can invoke two entirely different emotions .

On Sahir and Arzoo being the Moon and the Sun....I hope they will take turns there. Arzoo has her own issues, and may be Sahir can help her out later on.

Alvira: Seems quite neutral, unless it is about Zaki. I feel Zaki and Anam's hubby are her sons..Sahir seems to be indebted to her...she is a mother figure...not actually his mother. 

Anam and Sarfaraz: Indeed, they must be blessings in disguise. The baba tells Arzoo that she will soon meet  her humsafar...and I think Anam and Sarfaraz will be the ones to speed that up...for their own selfish gains.

Anam and Alvira: I feel they will never be a team.  They shouldn't be, going by the two poles they have represented so far!

Zaki and Arzoo: Indeed he is attracted- the duppatta lures him- but she is the queen and Sahir is her king.

Two scenes made no sense:1.  Arzoo acting as Zaki's girl friend- that was a feeble excuse. Also, now she knows he is a Casanova. That itself should be enough to disqualify him as a suitor. Though the symbolisms swear the way to Sahir is through Zaki.

2. You bested my ammi line- I hope that had no significance other than a joke falling flat!

And that tangent U had to take: That sudden softening...is the real Sahir- the one who cannot help trusting in spite of what experience has taught him. 

Looking forward to more n more gems from U....

C.S

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-10, 20:36

C.S wrote:That was lovely, Tanthya.

Moon: I loved the two versions in the coffee scene. How they both adore the moon, but interpret it differently- how the same object of beauty can invoke two entirely different emotions .

Yes, Both adore moon..while one  feels the need for its physical presence, another  is content with the spiritual presence.

On Sahir and Arzoo being the Moon and the Sun....I hope they will take turns there. Arzoo has her own issues, and may be Sahir can help her out later on.

Most definitely they will..Like the silent companions, they will help each other out..without knowing it

Alvira: Seems quite neutral, unless it is about Zaki. I feel Zaki and Anam's hubby are her sons..Sahir seems to be indebted to her...she is a mother figure...not actually his mother. 

Yes, there is a growing perception that she is nt the ' mother' to Sahir

Anam and Sarfaraz: Indeed, they must be blessings in disguise. The baba tells Arzoo that she will soon meet  her humsafar...and I think Anam and Sarfaraz will be the ones to speed that up...for their own selfish gains.

Absly agree !!

Anam and Alvira: I feel they will never be a team.  They shouldn't be, going by the two poles they have represented so far!

I am on the fence , Till y'day I thought both will team up to separate ArSah fr their own end but now m wondering whether Alvira will the bulwark keeping the predators at bay..In that case , Zaki's comment will nt make sense unless it is former .. or  there is a sep track ..

Zaki and Arzoo: Indeed he is attracted- the duppatta lures him- but she is the queen and Sahir is her king.

Agreed

Two scenes made no sense:1.  Arzoo acting as Zaki's girl friend- that was a feeble excuse. Also, now she knows he is a Casanova. That itself should be enough to disqualify him as a suitor. Though the symbolisms swear the way to Sahir is through Zaki.

That is the Pivotal scene..This where story begins ..The story entangling the emotions (uljhi ehsas) , of Aazmayish , of suljhan, of chance, of redemption etc etc..

2. You bested my ammi line- I hope that had no significance other than a joke falling flat!

IMO most significant line

And that tangent U had to take: That sudden softening...is the real Sahir- the one who cannot help trusting in spite of what experience has taught him. 

Looking forward to more n more gems from U....

If 4L keeps this up..You most definitely will get my posts though will they be Gems or pebbles is yet to be ascertained - Thanks for the appreciation long hug

Thank You , C.S. ( You have the advantage of me,  Can I have ur good name?)

I am in blue

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by trintring on 2014-10-10, 22:23

oh finally home and watched the epi. So much going on already... even with my half a mind I can see some stuff...

Beautifully written... moon and sun.... such a wonderful comparison.

Few important scenes from yesterday and today... lines that sounded important. Obviously the most important one from last epi was Ammu ko haradiya. Also when Zaki puts two and two together and tells Sahir where Arzoo was. He will enlighten Sahir about Arzoo and in the end set him on the right path towards her. Was wondering what was written on the page which fell on water... thanks for that.

This epi the first thing that caught my eye is Alvira kept saying Alhamdulillah after each sneeze of Arzoo but Sahir says Bless You before that and she stops. Even unintentionally he will always help her out... be her Humsafar.

Arzoo pretending to be Zaki's GF was a huge thing IMO... if it was only Zaki saying and Arzoo keeping quiet would be different but because she pretended there will be knots getting tighter... misunderstandings and she will have to untie them while Sahir has to have patience.

So many more but wrote about the ones that felt really important. I'm liking the fact that they seem a lot more organised than their last outing. There are issues but so far its been pretty solid.

Side note: Anam's dresses are what people wear on the fashion ramps and not in real life.... even potential VPs of big companies. They should look into it. And most importantly Arzoo's clothing. I'm sorry but a lot of times seems like the girl is wearing rags. You can wear properly covered nice salwar-kamiz but they don't have to look like ratty kaftans. Please please give her some better looking clothes. And in a way I do agree with what Sahir said... they are a fashion house and have an image. Give her something suitable and what normal conservative girls would wear.

Edited to add: I've never been any good at Botany so obviously I suck at those symbolism too... so leaving Bengun, Paan and mirchi for other people to decipher :)

Last edited by trintring on 2014-10-11, 12:17; edited 1 time in total

trintring
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhalak29 on 2014-10-10, 23:18

Loved the idea of symbols... I was intrigued by the name, humsafars,,, I mean by the plurality of the word, most people would write humsafar... Also I loved the initial the way it is written on the title each days, it has a verification eight something like the eternity symbol. It brought a smile to my mind..

The moon soothes the psyche as it is calm and provides a light when all is dark, a symbol of hope and a symbol of moving ahead... So when the two times they shared the moon in their own world, I understood the moon will be the common link to these two people. HC was good this week in a couple of scenes feels like he is getting Sahir, the young man who looks simple and straight, lap of luxury but who is a complex mesh who wears different moods on his sleeve...

Loved the fact that he uses bless you, meaning he isnt past the small nitty grittiest of life even when he tries to shroud himself in detachment.

Zaki n his scene also reflects the softness in him..
A couple of things whch looked interesting were arzoos answer to safaraz.. Mothers answer to sarfraz.

I also loved the fact that somewhere he realizes that things are changing around him, with arzoo in periphery he is eerincing changes in his world. Simple yet personal touches

This week another good thing...Sahirs hair were little tamed out

Jhalak29
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sonia1 on 2014-10-11, 19:26

Redux is back with symbolism !
Great one Sathya. Looking forward to your posts.

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-13, 13:13

sonia1 wrote:Redux is back with symbolism !
Great one Sathya. Looking forward to your posts.
Thank You, Sonia ..

Hoping to see your posts here too long hug hpee

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 09:27

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dhwani :: SONY :: SONY :: Humsafars

Permissions in this forum: