Latest topics

Hooked's 100 Movies Challenge

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hooked's 100 Movies Challenge

Post by hooked on 2014-11-18, 13:00

slmu wrote:Hooked.. fantastic.

Such a wide range of films.. an eye opener for someone like me who rarely watches foreign films
you can try watching one from this list! I'm trying to keep a bit of variety among the films! I am far behind in my challenge but still we must strive for the sun!  hppy

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-11-18, 13:04

hooked wrote:

Such a wide range of films.. an eye opener for someone like me who rarely watches foreign films
you can try watching one from this list! I'm trying to keep a bit of variety among the films! I am far behind in my challenge but still we must strive for the sun!  hppy

hpee  yes i will have a try

Its ok if you are behind.. we will be after you till you finish the 100.. never mind how long it take hppy

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-11-18, 13:08

slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:

hpee  yes i will have a try

Its ok if you are behind.. we will be after you till you finish the 100.. never mind how long it take hppy
hahaha!! Alright then! Let's see if I can do it by the end of December!!!  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-11-18, 13:16

8. Final Whistle (2011)

This Iranian film is about a documentary filmmaker who is suddenly thrust into a situation where she becomes involved in the lives of one of her actors. She learns that an actress who was working for her was trying to sell her kidney. This leads her to finding out that this was a desperate act on the part of the girl to secure enough money to save her mother from being executed for murdering her stepfather. Further realisations and encounters with the family of the man murdered by the mother add complexity to the narrative. Interesting story with excellent acting make this an engaging film.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-11-18, 13:29

9. Ciudad Delirio (2014)

This was so bad. God, a complete waste of time. It's about the annual Delirio dance carnival-cum-contest in Colombia. The central character, Angie runs a dance school while raising a child on her own after having divorced her unfaithful husband who also used to be her dance partner. In comes the Spaniard doctor-cum-scientist, Xavier, who is all goodness. They spend a night out and bond. The story is quite predictable in terms of the journey of these two souls to come together. The entire story is completely decontextualised since it seems to have nothing to do with the actual society of Colombia. There is a black transgendered character in the film whose presence is in no way explained and whose sole purpose in the film seems to be to occasionally encourage Angie to sleep with Xavier. I really wish I could turn back time and unsee this film, but since that is not meant to be, I have to deal with the fact that I have wasted one and a half hours of my life on this.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:00

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum