Latest topics

Airlines - Taken Hostage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Airlines - Taken Hostage

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-26, 22:26

I am sure by now the airport authorities would be dreading to send Ananya anywhere, wherever she goes, disaster seems to follow in her wake or  a healthy plane develops a snag putting the lives of the passengers at peril!

This weeks episode deals with hostage situation. The show begins with a foggy triangle trying to whip itself alive and failing miserably for the simple reason there has been no adequate mise en place.

A miffed Ananya divest of logic or rationality leaves the hotel cold shouldering Akash for leaving her alone * what did she expect? that he hold her hand and sing lullabies the whole night*  The apology goes unheeded  and out walks Ananya determined not to share any more disasters with Akash * she thought it was time to go Solo*  - In she walks straight into the arms of a hospitable hijacker waving his gun as if he was getting ready to take part in kite festival!.

Ananya is taken hostage along with the passengers awaiting to board their plane. The masked man walks in, brandishing a gun and pops out  bullets like Pop corns and we have a terrified , cowering hostage , willing to be taken as  WELL Hostages !!

All Ok so far..but it devolved into a farce from this point on. The masked man  is shot by  military police and in turn he holds a young boy as the shield and a pawn predictably the police beat a retreat but  would not that boy be precious pawn, would anybody just leave this pawn  standing now where as the masked man indulged in gimmickry of throwing the medical bag out of the reach of the wheezing man... What were the police doing  at that point?? Was it their coffee break time?

The Masked villain after throwing the medical bag away from the  wheezing man saunters back to the kid and retakes him as a pawn .. The circus does not end here.. Ananya has the brilliant idea of dialling Airport office number but does not have the guile to elicit information from the villain. Huh!

All in all , The attempt to turn Ananya into a wonder woman did not coalesce well chiefly because the actor playing the role is singularly inept to bring out the essence of Ananya.

The masked villain is acting under a emotional stress, the trigger being the death of his wife .. and  It seems the director briefed him to SHOUT !!  A man whose voice has become ragged and hars in grief, the voice breaking, shaky, raging  is something but a voice that is cracked and just shouts without any rhyme or reason does not help in empathizing  with the masked man..

The worry and concern of Ananya's mom and sister lacked soul

The only redeeming factor if one can say that was the ..Brief interludes; one between  a insecure and increasingly possessive Natasha and a weary, fastly  losing patience Akash.
The second interlude was between Ananya and the airport official who was quite curious about Ananya's attitude and reasons for the abrupt decision to switch flights...

Having said that.. If only the people of Inde Air know what we know, they would promptly hike the salary to Ananya and beg her to stay away from Airports/planes and Hangars

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Airlines - Taken Hostage

Post by pollyanna on 2014-10-26, 22:32

Agree.....it was such a poor episode.....over stretched with pathetic acting by Ananya in particular.....

No one behaved like police/army at any point.....i hope they really tighten the nuts and bolts of scripts as well as the acting

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-26, 22:41

pollyanna wrote:Agree.....it was such a poor episode.....over stretched with pathetic acting by Ananya in particular.....

No one behaved like police/army at any point.....i hope they really tighten the nuts and bolts of scripts as well as the acting

Yes, Teh quality dipped quite alarmingly, I felt as if the creatives have run out of ideas and are trying to whip up anything that can create drama..Sometimes 1 or 2 episodes of humor too will work better and there are the families..Why not bring them in and make them integral too..Apart from Ananya's and Mahima's.. Natasha's family is not shown and Akash ka kya... A mystery can have a family right..

There was no crackling tension..The theme was a solid one.. The fringe players of the society living and dying alone, unsung and uncared for, Slogging like work horse for the barest minimum pay and not having any form of insurance to cover them, What happens when they erupt? what makes them erupt? ... They lacked in executing it well and the actor was a big handicap

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-10-26, 22:47

Tanthya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Agree.....it was such a poor episode.....over stretched with pathetic acting by Ananya in particular.....

Yes, Teh quality dipped quite alarmingly, I felt as if the creatives have run out of ideas and are trying to whip up anything that can create drama..Sometimes 1 or 2 episodes of humor too will work better and there are the families..Why not bring them in and make them integral too..Apart from Ananya's and Mahima's.. Natasha's family is not shown and Akash ka kya... A mystery can have a family right..

There was no crackling tension..The theme was a solid one.. The fringe players of the society living and dying alone, unsung and uncared for, Slogging like work horse for the barest minimum pay and not having any form of insurance to cover them, What happens when they erupt? what makes them erupt? ... They lacked in executing it well and the actor was a big handicap

true...the plot was sooper, connect with every one......but failed miserably in execution.....

agree, they shld shed light on families too, the back story of Akash, why Natasha behaves in absurd manner......i just hope they dont rush these things in the final epis.......and once again a good show will end on a bad note

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-26, 23:20

pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

true...the plot was sooper, connect with every one......but failed miserably in execution.....

agree, they shld shed light on families too, the back story of Akash, why Natasha behaves in absurd manner......i just hope they dont rush these things in the final epis.......and once again a good show will end on a bad note

They are already behaving like headless chicken , Pallo ..  what a waste of Yudi ..darn..why can't they replace  Tulip?

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-10-26, 23:29

Seriously man.......that Yudi is too good wenever he comes on screen.......sheer waste of his talent...i hope he gets spotted by some good PH...

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-26, 23:49

pollyanna wrote:Seriously man.......that Yudi is too good wenever he comes on screen.......sheer waste of his talent...i hope he gets spotted by some good PH...

Hi-fi on tht..he makes the scene alive and there is a honest air and conviction about him tht makes us want to root for Akash

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-10-27, 00:03

y was tulip taken on in the first place?

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-27, 00:08

sarra0 wrote:y was tulip taken on in the first place?
cuz she was "baallyvood" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-10-27, 00:18

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:y was tulip taken on in the first place?
cuz she was "baallyvood" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
one film which enjoyed some success does not baaallwoood success one make  Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-10-27, 05:39

having now watched the episode...no no no no no no no no no no y y y y y y y no no no no no y y y y y y y y wat r they playing at...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-10-27, 11:35

How come Akash knows so much more than the police?

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-10-27, 11:59

Maria J wrote:How come Akash knows so much more than the police?
he is intelligence...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by coolnisha_fun87 on 2014-10-27, 12:04

Well said and well written..
Finally came across a post to which i can relate..in other forum people are just going gaga over the so called romance and shower scenes..i really hope CVs do not take those reviews seriously...!!
Anyway coming to the show..it was the 1st time I watched this show at 9 pm..it was just last to last week i came across this show...found this interesting so watched few episodes..must say if there was an exam asking me synonyms for bad pathetic acting it would be the female lead..aka Tulip Joshi...plus her character that too is irritating..as usual typical daily soap protagonist who is in competition with Tulsi Virani..and 1st lady officer...really..that too in today's time..had they shown this few years back "1st lady" tag would have been easily accepted...
coming to rest of the actors they are decent..i like the acting of Akash Rathore and Natasha..atleast they are doing justice to their characters..the show lacks in visual effect and some technicalities but will ignore the technical part as its Indian TV show..can't expect much in terms of less bloopers..
About yesterday's episode..there was a missing link..i had a doubt whether I have missed any episode in between...why all of a sudden these 2 started behaving like a couple...couldn't get that part..and again bad acting by Tulip..
Then whole of the airport plot was nonsense..no maturity shown in any of the characters.. if captain Akash is on mission then participating in this issue shouldn't be his priority..seeing previous episode i felt even Akash's acting was not good..yesterday's episode makes sense if only the CVs  want to turn this into a only love story..

yesterday's episode was a big disappointing one...

coolnisha_fun87
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-27, 12:24

coolnisha_fun87 wrote:Well said and well written..
Finally came across a post to which i can relate..in other forum people are just going gaga over the so called romance and shower scenes..i really hope CVs do not take those reviews seriously...!!
Anyway coming to the show..it was the 1st time I watched this show at 9 pm..it was just last to last week i came across this show...found this interesting so watched few episodes..must say if there was an exam asking me synonyms for bad pathetic acting it would be the female lead..aka Tulip Joshi...plus her character that too is irritating..as usual typical daily soap protagonist who is in competition with Tulsi Virani..and 1st lady officer...really..that too in today's time..had they shown this few years back "1st lady" tag would have been easily accepted...
coming to rest of the actors they are decent..i like the acting of Akash Rathore and Natasha..atleast they are doing justice to their characters..the show lacks in visual effect and some technicalities but will ignore the technical part as its Indian TV show..can't expect much in terms of less bloopers..
About yesterday's episode..there was a missing link..i had a doubt whether I have missed any episode in between...why all of a sudden these 2 started behaving like a couple...couldn't get that part..and again bad acting by Tulip..
Then whole of the airport plot was nonsense..no maturity shown in any of the characters.. if captain Akash is on mission then participating in this issue shouldn't be his priority..seeing previous episode i felt even Akash's acting was not good..yesterday's episode makes sense if only the CVs  want to turn this into a only love story..

yesterday's episode was a big disappointing one...
Thank You Coolnisha hpee

I feel as if I am in my dotage .. My understanding of romance is entirely different and does not include walking in when one is in shower/changing clothes.. It is quite sad really quality is sacrificed to provide titillation.

I agree Tulip Joshi is not doing justice to the role at all, Being soft spoken and  quoting rule books does not make you a heroine when you cannot breathe life into it.

The triangle came up abruptly because Akash had not showed a spark of romance towards Ananya and neither did feel anything about him.. So the sudden surge of emotions  do not make sense and has not been structured well.

In comparison to their previous episodes, y'day was a big let down it was as if the makers did not know what to do or how to do .. In foodie parlance a scrambled egg made with rotten eggs

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-10-27, 14:26

Nice post Tants

Poor episode overall.. like you said plot was good but really bad execution.

The romantic angle came out of nowhere.. its like no episode last week so the viewers need to fill in some blanks. I would prefer it if they showed what the Natasha-Akash story is and why she is so possessive of him while he seems to think of her as a friend.

The less said of Tulip the better.

What happened to the playboy owner who was supposed to enter?

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-27, 14:53

slmu wrote:Nice post Tants

The romantic angle came out of nowhere.. its like no episode last week so the viewers need to fill in some blanks. I would prefer it if they showed what the Natasha-Akash story is and why she is so possessive of him while he seems to think of her as a friend.

I am hoping the Playboy owner keeps playing and never finds the time to make an entry Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

True, when there was not even a hint of being romantically inclined Ananya making the jump to wondering why she feels bad was a complete surprise and something one would expect from an infatuated teen ...not from a supposedly grounded, sensible officer..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-10-27, 15:01

Tanthya wrote:

I am hoping the Playboy owner keeps playing and never finds the time to make an entry Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

True, when there was not even a hint of being romantically inclined Ananya making the jump to wondering why she feels bad was a complete surprise and something one would expect from an infatuated teen ...not from a supposedly grounded, sensible officer..
y re Tants.. It would be better na if Akash doesnt get paired with Ananya.. then we will get to see someone good with Yudi hpee

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-10-27, 15:03

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

y re Tants.. It would be better na if Akash doesnt get paired with Ananya.. then we will get to see someone good with Yudi hpee

I want him to enter.. one more person who is not Tulip will be good

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-10-27, 15:11

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Ria Jaan.. we have to watch 2 non-actors hamming it and remember if he comes, Akash ka time bhi dip hoga whereas Ananya will be there in every frame .. U want that happening ?? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:22

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum