My wobbly first step… you were there to prevent my fall

My first letters… you held my hand

The world is a jungle… you showed me the way

Your timely reprimands… so that I won’t be shunned down the road

Punishments, bitter right now… but sweet some time later

You are there… right there… I see you

Perhaps I am not worth it

Dear Mother… Itna Karo Na Mujhse Pyaar!

First day, First show… hmmm… I am reserving my opinion. The concept is kind of hatke… just about hatke. But you never know with Ekta. She starts off fine and then she starts to twist and turn the story which leaves the audience gobsmacked. Perhaps Gobsmacked is a good thing when it comes to TRP… I have no idea… I have always had a suspicion that TRP is controlled by as pathetic a pack of jobless fools as it is imaginable by an average idiot like me. No one wants to make anything believable these days. Why this reluctance towards realism… surely realism can be enjoyable in its own way… it is not necessarily true that tears and misery make up realism? Surely it is not that difficult to bring us entertainment that is soft and steady without turning into rank escapism.

So the show starts off by introducing Ragini… the divorced woman… principled and wronged against, she is responsible and loving, sacrificing and rigid. But with a crusty exterior. She works in a hospital as an administrator. She comes across as a man hater. And that scene with the flirt his wife and Ragini was kind of creepy. Didn’t like it one bit. There was  no subtlety in the manner in which Ragini’s ill opinion of men.

Also kind of have an issue with the way Maiyya depicts hospitals… not just Maiyya… I remember watching Munnabhai MBBS and getting mad at the way they said that treatment is started only after the formalities are dealt with. This stupid… at least it is not so wherever I have worked. At least the patient is stabilized before forms are even thought off… no one is denied a chance at life whatever the concern… be it unfilled forms or lack of money. This was again implied here at the way Ragini said that formalities should not come in the way of the treatment in THIS hospital… meaning that it is the way in other hospitals? Ekta Madam, no hospital will dare to do that… it is criminal and punishable by law!

Nothing else to talk about, except that I fell in love with the Hospital owner… and last but not the least… I love the Maid. Why wasn’t Ragini’s role offered to her?

Not impressed by the other actors much… the daughter overacts… the son underacts… Ragini’s mother doesn’t act… and the bhulakkad Nani doesn’t want to act. Pallavi as Ragini needs a bit more work. She comes across as the hurt and uptight women well enough… her aura of detachment is good… but she can’t seem to bring out her inner turmoil much.

As for Jignesh… it was hilarious the way he pronounced “Mom” to make it sound like the hindi word for wax. But if THAT is the fellow Ragini would eventually get her daughter married to… I wash her hands off her!

As the character Ragini… I feel for her! Married at eighteen… a mother at nineteen and then left to bring up two children all alone. And now she is faced with the possibility of history repeating itself. Her thankless daughter wants to get married. With the typical disregard for caution that the youth is so famous for these days, Nishi thinks life is as easy as it comes. With her medical course before her, she wants to get married right now. And she “promises” her mother that she will continue her studies after marriage! ROFL! What an Idiot! There may be innumerable number of women who do it… but not at the age that Nishi is now and not with the maturity level she displays. Besides, the girl is not at all motivated towards her career goals or her studies… she is merely going through with college at the insistence of her mum. Ragini is right to do what she did… but I doubt Nishi and Jignesh will give her a choice. Here is to hoping that Nishi will get that well-deserved knock on the head in the near future.

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

RE

Post by pallavi on 2014-11-19, 15:54

An awesome review Appu...... Thumbsup

U said it all..... cheers

pallavi

Back to top Go down

Re: A Heartful of Care

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-11-19, 16:23

pallavi wrote:An awesome review Appu...... Thumbsup

U said it all..... cheers

Thanks re!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-11-19, 16:35

Nice review Appu. my only issue is how can she blame her husband to not bother abt the kids with her when she herself didn't have kept in touch with the other 2.

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-11-19, 16:38

Maria J wrote:Nice review Appu. my only issue is how can she blame her husband to not bother abt the kids with her when she herself didn't have kept in touch with the other 2.

Exactly
but that's an issue for discussion on another day

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-11-19, 18:46

Nice review Appuse

Ekta.. reluctant to get into another show of hers after YHM

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pushpa.b.sridharan on 2014-11-19, 23:03

But this serial looks promising. Waiting for Ronit Roy's entry. I like that chap in adalat

pushpa.b.sridharan

Back to top Go down

Post by pushpa.b.sridharan on 2014-11-19, 23:06

wish granted- he has come

pushpa.b.sridharan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:48

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top