Latest topics

TC Article :Women of all ages like me : Karan Singh Grover

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TC Article :Women of all ages like me : Karan Singh Grover

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-02-18, 23:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tellychakkar.com had earlier reported about the upcoming sequence of the doll factory in Zee TV’s Qubool Hai (4 Lions Films) which will unravel multiple aspects about what had happened in the past thereby bringing about a new twist to the show.
At a recent press conference of the show, Karan Singh Grover told us about how the twist will bring about a new dimension in the serial. He also spoke about his highly popular character Asad, his ardent fan following, his dear wife Jennifer (Winget) and his aspirations in life. Excerpts:

The channel has called a press conference with reference to the twist. It must be of utmost importance to the show. Please comment.

Indeed, the twist will have quite an impact. Rashid had left our family to get married to someone else. He is far richer than what he used to be when he was with us. Now they are coming to a point where many things will be explained thereby revealing the stories of all that has happened till yet. For instance, we will get to know as to why Rashid was being blackmailed to stay with a different family. The audience will know that the fire in the factory led to the development of several events. This episode will reveal the gone by stories of all that has happened.

Qubool Hai is raking in very good TRPs…

I have never gone beyond a TRP of 1.9 in my previous shows. So, when Qubool Hai started off with 3, I thought ‘wow’. We have reached 3.9 too and are now aiming for a 5.5. We hope that our show will have a successful three to four year run.

How did you slip into a Muslim character in Qubool Hai? Isn’t it a very different lifestyle from that of yours?

(pauses) I have finished my schooling and education in Saudi Arabia, a Muslim country that had a mix of many cultures. It is true that the Muslim lifestyle is very different from that of mine. However, it isn’t new to me as I am acquainted with that kind of lifestyle though I don’t live it. I didn’t find it difficult to get into the Muslim part of the character but the fact that it was a serious role was surely a challenge to me. It is also a multi-layered character as Asad has gone through a lot of pain and misery. To portray that with conviction throughout the show isn’t a piece of cake.

You have an awesome youth fan following and even have the support of the Karan Protection Squad which will promptly jump to your defense at every given opportunity…

I am extremely grateful to Qubool Hai which has further improved my youth fan following. The Karan Protection Squad (KPS) is a very sweet group- if you say anything bad about me they will bash you online.

Whose fan are you?

I am a huge of Amitabh Bachchan and have seen most of his works. I know many of his dialogues by heart too.

What would you tell Big B if you ever met him?

If I ever get an opportunity to meet him, I would tell him, “I love you. Thank you for inspiring me from childhood. I have seen most of your movies.” I am yet to meet him though. When we were shooting for one of the channel promos in Film City, he was on the other set and since it was the last day of KBC, I didn’t feel like disturbing him. I could have easily gone and met him but I chickened out.

What is your greatest strength as an actor?

I have a lot of conviction in whatever I do. I try to actually feel what the character is going through. I feel that if I don’t get into that feeling, the audience won’t feel the real impact of the role.

What is your aspiration in life?

I want to buy a yacht and sail and do just one film a year.

You mean you will leave TV?

If I am sailing, I can’t do a daily soap. It will be very difficult for me to reach to the set in that case (laughs).

Who is the lucky lady you would like to sail with?

Of course, I would sail with my wife Jennifer. My company is already decided, I just need the yacht.

You and your wife Jennifer have very hectic schedules and I guess nowadays
you don’t get to spend much time together.

You are correct. I haven’t seen her for the last six days. Even on the Valentine’s
Day, I didn’t get to meet her. Since I hardly get any time to meet her, I mail her instead because by the time I come back home, she is sleeping. She leaves home in the morning whereas I leave for work in the afternoon.

Don’t you do romantic things for her or give her surprises at all?
(chuckles) Well, I do buy her flowers sometimes but don’t give her surprises. Nor do
I like surprises myself. In fact I don’t know how to react when someone surprises me.

contd...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Re: TC Article :Women of all ages like me : Karan Singh Grover

Post by Pinkai Sg on 2013-02-19, 00:24

Karan protection group? Wow? What an idea sirjee. Anti- gandhigiri style. In a way he thinks making insensitive comments about real people just to defend your favourite is cool and sweet. Sigh, beats any logic to me. This guy every time amuses me with his talking. Between, he also has lot of misconceptions about fanbase also. Good for him I guess.

TFs Sumana.

Pinkai Sg

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-02-19, 11:48

Comes across as an egoist

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-02-19, 11:49

TFS Shocked

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-02-19, 11:54

Pinkai Sg wrote:Karan protection group? Wow? What an idea sirjee. Anti- gandhigiri style. In a way he thinks making insensitive comments about real people just to defend your favourite is cool and sweet. Sigh, beats any logic to me. This guy every time amuses me with his talking. Between, he also has lot of misconceptions about fanbase also. Good for him I guess.

TFs Sumana.

Well Payal I am a DMG Forum veteran .. and this KPS( Karan Protection Squad) was formed when ther were violent clashes bteween two fan groups .. the Sid Rid ( SR) and Arman Rid (AR) fans and this fan girl group follows him virtually every where and the rest is for Karan to tell

:*lol*:

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-02-19, 11:57; edited 1 time in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-02-19, 11:56

slmu wrote:Comes across as an egoist

Thinks no end of himself ... Sleep Sleep

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-19, 11:58

Hmmm....KPG can be set to fir using LPG...what say ??? :P

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-02-19, 11:58

riyya6 wrote:TFS Shocked

wave

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-02-19, 12:00

pollyanna wrote:Hmmm....KPG can be set to fir using LPG...what say ??? :P

HE feels he is so hot .. he must be thinking he is combustible all by himself .. just needs that spark ..

ROFL ROFL

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkai Sg on 2013-02-19, 12:03

thanks fr d info Sumana. its surprising and shocking dt Ksg acknwledging dt.

whts ur take abt d man?

Pinkai Sg

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-02-19, 12:12

Pinkai Sg wrote:thanks fr d info Sumana. its surprising and shocking dt Ksg acknwledging dt.

whts ur take abt d man?

Payal....I think in DMG he was way younger and had less physique .... looked a chocolate boy .... (you know he now resembles a heavy wt boxer) .... then his colorful personal life was vividly portrayed in SBS and SBB did him no good and his fans got disgusted .. only the KPS and a few remani .. waisey he does not have an expressive face ..He's quite stiff ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkai Sg on 2013-02-19, 12:17

--sumana13-- wrote:
Pinkai Sg wrote:thanks fr d info Sumana. its surprising and shocking dt Ksg acknwledging dt.

whts ur take abt d man?

Payal....I think in DMG he was way younger and had less physique .... looked a chocolate boy .... (you know he now resembles a heavy wt boxer) .... then his colorful personal life was vividly portrayed in SBS and SBB did him no good and his fans got disgusted .. only the KPS and a few remani .. waisey he does not have an expressive face ..He's quite stiff ...

i second dt thought. He never impressd me with his acting skills.
upar se his statements are enuf to distract further.

Pinkai Sg

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-02-19, 13:23

Pinkai Sg wrote:
--sumana13-- wrote:

whts ur take abt d man?

If he continues these overconfident unwarranted statements .. whatever remaining fans he has will ditch him too as it is QH does not have the viewership the makers initially predicted .. ...after all humility bhi koi cheez hai ki nahin ??

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-02-19, 13:35

KPG ROFL

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-02-19, 13:42

--sumana13-- wrote:
Pinkai Sg wrote:
--sumana13-- wrote:

whts ur take abt d man?

If he continues these overconfident unwarranted statements .. whatever remaining fans he has will ditch him too as it is QH does not have the viewership the makers initially predicted .. ...after all humility bhi koi cheez hai ki nahin ??

Manu the online fans havnt been as much as they wanted or have been used to but it's tv viewership in terms of trp is going good.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by geetmaanluv on 2013-02-20, 16:38

no offense to KSG fans.. but of late he is coming off as really full of himself. idk if him or the interviews he gives but he comes of really cocky ..

geetmaanluv

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-02-20, 16:49

This guy is full of himself isnt he?
KSG fans no offense meant... none taken too Wink

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by cheena007 on 2013-02-20, 17:12

hmmm Thanks for sharing Manu

cheena007
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-02-20, 17:28

Manu,

Thanks for posting this Article. One should be humble and he will be respected more like Actor RajiniKanth. Well let him have his illusions as to regards with his fans. But why does he need protection and from whom scratch is a very puzzling matter. scratch

I did not mean to offend anybody KSG or his Fans, It is my sole opinion.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:20

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum