Latest topics

BAD GUYS AND GALS ARE A MUST

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BAD GUYS AND GALS ARE A MUST

Post by chitmanas on 2013-02-19, 14:04

Why talk of only the hero and heroine all the time, why not the main villain? So, i started looking at the bad guys/gals in the shows that I watch/watched. hmmmm, what is it about these bad guys that makes us hate them so much? What role do they actually play in the story and what value do they bring to it Shall we take a look? Without a bad guy/gal, where's the fun in the story line........if all's well and good, who wants to watch that show unless it's some type of comedy, even then, it gets boring if there's nobody to put a spanner in somone's good works, right?
I always enjoyed Shyam's character in IPK, he made things move, when every move of his brought arnav and khushi closer, we all cheered, when his plans failed, we cheered, when his plans worked and he gave his big dhamaka's we were shocked, i can't imagine the story without this character. Sure, arnav and khushi did their part, but without the villain would they have truly realized the extent of their love for each other?
Coming to QH, we have Razia, the main antagonist. I don't know about others, but she just gave me the chills with her recent performance when dadi confronts her about her evil plans. It was a stellar performance by the actress.......one doesn't need too many dialogs, she did it all with her persona, looks and dialogs. Here's one woman who's so evil, i dont' think even her husband knows truly what she is. She'll go to any extent to keep the truth hidden and will do anything for the happiness of her daughter (or so she thinks). Now, imagine if there's no Razia, what do we have? Rashid would still be happily married and taking care of his two kids blah blah, and there'd be nothing much for us to watch.
We live in a world of duality where good and bad reside next to each other and there's no choice in this matter, period. IMO, it takes bad to show us the true value of good/goodness, it takes a villain to bring out the true qualities of a hero. This applies to us too, unless we have people criticizing us, would we give a lot of thought to improving ourselves??? bolo bolo?:)
I loved Abhaas as Shyam and Alka Kaushal as Razia. Hats off to them for their stellar performances; they make us hate them each time they appear on screen. More than the main leads or others, I think I love the actors/actresses who play these negative roles so much more:), they truly left an impression on me with their wonderful acting capabilities and they have wonderful screen presence
so, that's my story for today........what's yours??Wink

chitmanas
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: BAD GUYS AND GALS ARE A MUST

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-19, 15:18

Fari.....loved your post....yes Razia nailed the role ....she really sent down shivers when she was interacting with Dadi yesterday........the change of expressions from bad to evil to good and then again to one of her dangerous, wicked self.....was applaud worthy.......

The villains truly run the show more often than not and Gul has left a mark in creating that niche for the villain/vamp :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by chitmanas on 2013-02-20, 10:26

pollyanna wrote:Fari.....loved your post....yes Razia nailed the role ....she really sent down shivers when she was interacting with Dadi yesterday........the change of expressions from bad to evil to good and then again to one of her dangerous, wicked self.....was applaud worthy.......

The villains truly run the show more often than not and Gul has left a mark in creating that niche for the villain/vamp :)

Thanks yaara, par mein Fari nahin, moi lucky2:).......glad to know we feel the same way about razia:cheers: and yes, Gul certainly needs to be appreciated for pushing the antagonist to the fore-front at the right time

chitmanas
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-02-20, 11:09

good post Fari,

Yeah villianism in the show is what pushes the story further... no one would want to watch when everything is going good... people get bored...
but rhere should be some strong underlying reason for the bad guy or girl to justify for the way they react to things- maybe avenging for some one- may be due to some reasons of the past- or may be just for the heck of it...
but if the spade work is done properly for the character - then we love to hate them... and it becomes a hit!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-02-20, 11:34

Chits..welcome to Dhwani! long hug

I am super glad to see you here! :)

The same thing my hubby was telling me two days back...he was telling how dry shows would be without villains...like dal without spices :lol!:

I agree with you as much as we hate them without them there is no charm in the story! We should just love to hate them!

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-20, 11:38

Ohh sorry Lucky 2 ....i got confused with the name :(

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-02-20, 11:50

Lucky2,

Hi Welcome to Dhwani. I am so happy to read your post. Yours was brilliant. What you said was correct why only concentrate on the good. Why cant we think of the bad and what motivates them.

Shyam I will not comment for it is a sore subject for me. But as far as Razia is concerned you have hit the nail on the head. She is really very scary as I already mentioned in another post. I agree that darpoke Maamujaan has no idea to what extent his wife can go to. He still does not know the truth of Humeria. She indeed has done a very good job.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by chitmanas on 2013-02-20, 14:27

Abavi wrote:good post Fari,

Yeah villianism in the show is what pushes the story further... no one would want to watch when everything is going good... people get bored...
but rhere should be some strong underlying reason for the bad guy or girl to justify for the way they react to things- maybe avenging for some one- may be due to some reasons of the past- or may be just for the heck of it...
but if the spade work is done properly for the character - then we love to hate them... and it becomes a hit!

Vi, what you said is true, building a strong background for villain is really necessary..... this was one of the problems with IPK, IMO. Also, the stronger the villain/vamp, the better the hero gets, at least that's our hope, otherwise, hero giri dikhaneki koi vajeh hi nahin, isn't it?Wink

chitmanas
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by chitmanas on 2013-02-20, 14:31

anurao66 wrote:Lucky2,

Hi Welcome to Dhwani. I am so happy to read your post. Yours was brilliant. What you said was correct why only concentrate on the good. Why cant we think of the bad and what motivates them.

Shyam I will not comment for it is a sore subject for me. But as far as Razia is concerned you have hit the nail on the head. She is really very scary as I already mentioned in another post. I agree that darpoke Maamujaan has no idea to what extent his wife can go to. He still does not know the truth of Humeria. She indeed has done a very good job.
Thanks anu:)

chitmanas
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:42

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum