Latest topics

Zombies of the Serial World

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zombies of the Serial World

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-06-01, 07:05

This is for my friend Zainab, who started watching Hindi serials a few months ago. She has gotten over the honeymoon period and is questioning the plot of QH. :lol!:

Zainab... It's soooo much fun to watch you discover the world of Hindi Serial...I have gone through many of the stages in the last 6 months ( that's when I started watching). First you will be intrigued....smart dialogue, interesting characters, romance -comedy-mystery...etc etc... 4 months later you will realize the plot holes are never filled, there is no logic in story, character's personality changed several times, time space continuum doesn't make sense ( Tanu will be pregnant for 2 yrs like some alien species) selective amnesia regarding cliffhangers , MUs won't be solved....

But by now you are hooked, either you like a character ( I like Zoya and want to know what will happen to her), you have made friends on forums that you must connect to everyday ( the fact that I could be a serial killer named Dexter doesn't matter to you), you will feel a sense of accomplishment after writing posts for 2 hrs on a 21 minute episode that you didn't even like.

8 months later you will start skipping episodes, you will be glad that you are not Pollyanna who has no choice but to watch every episode ( because she is the moderator). suddenly one day, you will read about a twist in the story and you will get hooked again ( after all by this time Zoya and Asad will feel like family, you won't be able to abandon them)

12 months later, you will again realize that this was the most non sense story ever, you will question your intelligence and sanity but you will not be able to completely give up. Bang your serial killer friend will suggest another show that just started with a very different plot line ( this time hero is dark skinned , heroine marries him by mistake, they sleep on the same bed but can't cross the enemy line of pillows, s**ual tension in sky rocketing... Sheer genius, how could CVs come up with such a story? scratch ) You see, your brain has been fried from watching Serials and you will get sucked into the vortex of serial world again. At this point you will start suggesting that your sister's daughter should be named Zoya and the her Dog should be named Billo ( get it, a dog named cat, there is no hope for you anymore No )

My parents are zombies of the serial world ( also called TRP crowd) I asked my parents why they were watching a serial that was running for some years. They said ... "It's a habit.".. I asked why watch a story that doesn't make sense... Can't you watch local/regional drama/miniseries with a better plot line? .. They said " no, we like to watch happy stories with most amazingly gorgeous looking actors , with massive set designs with Christmas light all year around" " if we wanted realistic drama we'd just look at our selves in the mirror".... Now I can't argue with that, can I? After all I am in the process of turning into a zombie too!


Disclaimer: fun post, don't take it seriously!


Last edited by Shesherkobita on 2013-06-01, 08:34; edited 1 time in total

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by anurao66 on 2013-06-01, 08:00

Sabi,

A brilliant post by you. Let me tell you I never used to get the TV to wacth shows continuouly so never did watch serials. Well after I turned home maker I did have some time and started watching IPK. That is a real good show and it did have loopholes in it.But I would still watch it and discuss and rant away with a group of friends.

Now coming to the regional fare, in South the same Saas Bahu aur Saazish holds true, only a rare one show does have a different story. So let me tell you that in Telugu there is so much dirth of good shows that one channel has brought the rights of all popular Hindi shows and just dub then as Telugu shows. The dubbing is pathethic but still people do watch it. My mom also watches these shows and says that she has nothing better to watch for she is not that well versed in Hindi. So mostly all over Indian Television goes for Saas bahu melodrama. It is very loud in southern Tv Shows for they tend to shreik a lot (I meant Telugu mostly)

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 9171
Join date : 2013-02-04
Age : 50
Location : Chennai

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-06-01, 17:20

anurao66 wrote:Sabi,

A brilliant post by you. Let me tell you I never used to get the TV to wacth shows continuouly so never did watch serials. Well after I turned home maker I did have some time and started watching IPK. That is a real good show and it did have loopholes in it.But I would still watch it and discuss and rant away with a group of friends.

Now coming to the regional fare, in South the same Saas Bahu aur Saazish holds true, only a rare one show does have a different story. So let me tell you that in Telugu there is so much dirth of good shows that one channel has brought the rights of all popular Hindi shows and just dub then as Telugu shows. The dubbing is pathethic but still people do watch it. My mom also watches these shows and says that she has nothing better to watch for she is not that well versed in Hindi. So mostly all over Indian Television goes for Saas bahu melodrama. It is very loud in southern Tv Shows for they tend to shreik a lot (I meant Telugu mostly)

Anu :sunny: If I didnt turn homemaker I wouldn't have watched it either... And if IPKKND wasn't the first serial I saw, I would've been Scared QH is way better than the sas Bahu serials.. I must admit to that.... Bengali serials used to be very interesting ...but they all want to copy the Hindi ones now..
The other reason I started watching was to connect to my roots , my culture ... To show my daughter that her parents come from a magical land of colors , songs , history ( even though we are not Indian, but we are from the Indian subcontinent). She immediately connected with my parents while watching a serial last August...saying things like "Nanu, don't worry important characters never die" or flaunting her slang Bengali "That woman needs a lathi ( kick) on her **** ( bottom)! My daughter had an instant bonding with my inlaws and parents through Hindi serials cheers

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-01, 17:20

Saby, this is so special to me cheers

You are right and were very concise on your POV. Before cable was introduced in the Caribbean, the only serials that were introduced to local television stations were the Hollywood's "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful".

When I was a kid I used to look at them, because they appeared interesting at the time.I do not know how many of you have ever seen these soaps, but they seemed to be living in a small world. Very few new characters were added to these soaps. So you know what? Father and Son would fall in love with the same woman,taking turns in wooing her and marrying her. She would then have a child for each of them. Brothers would fall in love with the same woman (Which is what we are accustom to) ,Best friends would fall in love with the same woman (we are used to this one too).

These shows portrayed immorality,endless sexual content,betrayal,secrets revealed that even the audience would be taken by surprise. However, there were very few glitches like Indian serials. I have stopped looking at soaps for more than 20 years, because it was too much and it was nothing I could relate to nor want to be a part of. I used to "boast" to people and tell them that I do not look at soaps.

Then cable came to the Caribbean, at that time Zee tv used to show serials without Eng subtitles, so I never took interest. Qubool Hai is my first Indian serial, I was bored one Saturday afternoon and I switched the station and the show started. The first few episodes were after the first "Mahasangham" episodes with Punar Vivah. I liked what I saw, but wasn't hooked yet. So I used to dedicate my Saturdays only to QH. Until I could not wait, during the week so I used to wake to watch the 11:00 pm. I was truly hooked when I saw the first 50 episodes,I still revisit them...sigh!

I am hooked because I am so much like Zoya. I wear Kurtis all the time, even in my work place, I am outspoken especially to men all the time. When I met my husband it was nok jok for a month, we started talking after that, went out (not alone) after a year etc., married after 5 years, I have no Umi (lost her 3 years ago). The differences between Zoya and myself are our physical features (I am tall) and If any man treats me like Asad does he would have sure gotten a piece of my mind,even if I love him.

I do enjoy Asya alot, especially their sizzling scenes and their nok joks, I always skip Ayan's household scenes unless Badi Bhi is up to so hilarious scheme against Razia. I did look fwd to Zoya's meeting with her dad which did not happen.....Phooweey! At least not yet! I do hate the slapping scenes.

I adore my new friends on the forum, thanks to Pallu whom I "met" first and invited me. Thanks for welcoming me into a different setting in my life to share common things with people I do not know yet strongly connected.

I do not think the other serials have interested me at all, I tried "Sapne Suhane Ladhpan ke"," Punar Vivah","Kasamh Se","Pavitra Rishta","House Wife" etc. So it has to be some secret ingredient with QH. So I am agreeing here with you,Sab, I am a zombie of QH Broken Heart

perfumeheaven
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2326
Join date : 2013-05-08
Location : Trinidad and Tobago

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by slmu on 2013-06-01, 18:45

ROFL Sabi darling, you have so perfectly defined our existence. Like you and Anu, I too would not have started watching if I hadn't turned housewife.

Zombie is perfectly correct.. have totally turned into it.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 21953
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-01, 19:05

Hi zai and sabi ,

wonderful description of a Soap traveler ...

Zai .. The recent shows are nothing but sheer waste of time , if you are game to watch good shows in Hindi..you have to head back to the golden period of DD .. That was when Shows had content, talent and piqued ur interest ...


The current one's have the predictable All knowing heroine who never ceases in sacrificing herself , her happiness for the loved one's, contrived situations where the Hero is always there when the Heroine is about to fall *never mind the fact that it would be 11 and the man shud be in office* ..The heroine always in the kitchen making chai *Morn,noon, evening, night, midnite* MU's and can a show be without multiple marriages either to the same partner or to varied one's .....

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-01, 20:54

One word: Zombie....defined us all....... Thumbsup Fell in love with the post Sabi :)

Agree 100% with the status of the Hindi serials on air now......but honestly speaking, I would like to confess (unlike some Mr. Khan who just cant complete a sentence beyond wo..actually) had it not for the serial ki duniya(serial world), I would not have known:

1.how an entertainment forum works or what is a forum in the first place.

2. Indian shows are watched by ppl outside India and they do talk about it and most importantly made friends with them, learn about their POV,cultures etc.

3.the "behind the scenes" happenings of the shows like SBB/SBS and the other media channels which goes on. This has given me a new perspective to look at the cast and crew of any show. Now I am interested to know more about them apart from the 20 minutes I spend with them on the screen.

4.Believe me, at least with me, when I debate on a topic in my real life with my friends and colleagues, I have a holistic approach and come out with something different just because I had got an idea from discussing in the forum/with friends here or the show

So yeah...we are all zombies......lots of ppl from my circle of friends/acquaintances find it very surprising that I spend so much time n energy here,but I do not regret a BIT.

I love u guys and even though QH is going so slow / predictable but I want to come here again and again after each crappy episode...just to read what Sabi,Zainab,Sarra,Shanthi,Sowme,Sathu,Sharmi,Shami,Anu etc have to say about the events which happened in the penultimate episode :)

Thats truly "Zombistic " bounce


pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-01, 20:56

Love you too Pallu

perfumeheaven
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2326
Join date : 2013-05-08
Location : Trinidad and Tobago

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-06-02, 02:20

perfumeheaven wrote:Saby, this is so special to me cheers

You are right and were very concise on your POV. Before cable was introduced in the Caribbean, the only serials that were introduced to local television stations were the Hollywood's "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful".

When I was a kid I used to look at them, because they appeared interesting at the time.I do not know how many of you have ever seen these soaps, but they seemed to be living in a small world. Very few new characters were added to these soaps. So you know what? Father and Son would fall in love with the same woman,taking turns in wooing her and marrying her. She would then have a child for each of them. Brothers would fall in love with the same woman (Which is what we are accustom to) ,Best friends would fall in love with the same woman (we are used to this one too).

These shows portrayed immorality,endless sexual content,betrayal,secrets revealed that even the audience would be taken by surprise. However, there were very few glitches like Indian serials. I have stopped looking at soaps for more than 20 years, because it was too much and it was nothing I could relate to nor want to be a part of. I used to "boast" to people and tell them that I do not look at soaps.

Then cable came to the Caribbean, at that time Zee tv used to show serials without Eng subtitles, so I never took interest. Qubool Hai is my first Indian serial, I was bored one Saturday afternoon and I switched the station and the show started. The first few episodes were after the first "Mahasangham" episodes with Punar Vivah. I liked what I saw, but wasn't hooked yet. So I used to dedicate my Saturdays only to QH. Until I could not wait, during the week so I used to wake to watch the 11:00 pm. I was truly hooked when I saw the first 50 episodes,I still revisit them...sigh!

I am hooked because I am so much like Zoya. I wear Kurtis all the time, even in my work place, I am outspoken especially to men all the time. When I met my husband it was nok jok for a month, we started talking after that, went out (not alone) after a year etc., married after 5 years, I have no Umi (lost her 3 years ago). The differences between Zoya and myself are our physical features (I am tall) and If any man treats me like Asad does he would have sure gotten a piece of my mind,even if I love him.

I do enjoy Asya alot, especially their sizzling scenes and their nok joks, I always skip Ayan's household scenes unless Badi Bhi is up to so hilarious scheme against Razia. I did look fwd to Zoya's meeting with her dad which did not happen.....Phooweey! At least not yet! I do hate the slapping scenes.

I adore my new friends on the forum, thanks to Pallu whom I "met" first and invited me. Thanks for welcoming me into a different setting in my life to share common things with people I do not know yet strongly connected.

I do not think the other serials have interested me at all, I tried "Sapne Suhane Ladhpan ke"," Punar Vivah","Kasamh Se","Pavitra Rishta","House Wife" etc. So it has to be some secret ingredient with QH. So I am agreeing here with you,Sab, I am a zombie of QH Broken Heart

Zainab... this was all for you... :heart:
Sorry to hear about your mom... Nok jok..date..5 years... Twisted Evil sounds like a wonderful love story in itself Heart

Western soaps may have less loose ends but they are way more outrageous than Hindi serials. When I was pregnant ( I had a high risk pregnancy) I would wait at the Doc's office watching a serial called Passion... everyone on that serial was a Witch, they brewed magic potion inside the house I'd prefer QH over those any day!

I was very sick and couldn't sleep at night, a friend suggested I watch Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND)... i watched 300 episodes in 2 weeks. I recommend you watch it.. it's by the same production house (4 Lions)... if you dont fall in love with the male lead ( irrespective of his arrogant, rude behavior) I will change my name from Shesherkobita to Sabrina :P ... The show ended last Nov 2012.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-06-02, 02:23

slmu wrote: ROFL Sabi darling, you have so perfectly defined our existence. Like you and Anu, I too would not have started watching if I hadn't turned housewife.

Zombie is perfectly correct.. have totally turned into it.

Shanthi :sunny: IPKKND killed us all, then we were resurrected as serial zombies trying to fill the void created by ArShi... nothing has been the same. No

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-06-02, 02:28

Tanthya wrote:Hi zai and sabi ,

wonderful description of a Soap traveler ...

Zai .. The recent shows are nothing but sheer waste of time , if you are game to watch good shows in Hindi..you have to head back to the golden period of DD .. That was when Shows had content, talent and piqued ur interest ...


The current one's have the predictable All knowing heroine who never ceases in sacrificing herself , her happiness for the loved one's, contrived situations where the Hero is always there when the Heroine is about to fall *never mind the fact that it would be 11 and the man shud be in office* ..The heroine always in the kitchen making chai *Morn,noon, evening, night, midnite* MU's and can a show be without multiple marriages either to the same partner or to varied one's .....

Thanks Tanthya... its a shame that they cannot make miniseries/ drama with tight story, content etc once again... India has the best writers,directors, best actors and production houses in the world... they might be just a tad behind Hollywood..

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-06-02, 02:35

pollyanna wrote:One word: Zombie....defined us all....... Thumbsup Fell in love with the post Sabi :)

Agree 100% with the status of the Hindi serials on air now......but honestly speaking, I would like to confess (unlike some Mr. Khan who just cant complete a sentence beyond wo..actually) had it not for the serial ki duniya(serial world), I would not have known:

1.how an entertainment forum works or what is a forum in the first place.

2. Indian shows are watched by ppl outside India and they do talk about it and most importantly made friends with them, learn about their POV,cultures etc.

3.the "behind the scenes" happenings of the shows like SBB/SBS and the other media channels which goes on. This has given me a new perspective to look at the cast and crew of any show. Now I am interested to know more about them apart from the 20 minutes I spend with them on the screen.

4.Believe me, at least with me, when I debate on a topic in my real life with my friends and colleagues, I have a holistic approach and come out with something different just because I had got an idea from discussing in the forum/with friends here or the show

So yeah...we are all zombies......lots of ppl from my circle of friends/acquaintances find it very surprising that I spend so much time n energy here,but I do not regret a BIT.

I love u guys and even though QH is going so slow / predictable but I want to come here again and again after each crappy episode...just to read what Sabi,Zainab,Sarra,Shanthi,Sowme,Sathu,Sharmi,Shami,Anu etc have to say about the events which happened in the penultimate episode :)

Thats truly "Zombistic " bounce


What a wonderful post Pals... what would we do without you? we dont even speak Hindi & you patiently explain everything. hug1 I was just being sarcastic... QH is way better than all the sas bahu shows... I haven't enjoyed another show as much since IPK ended. So shouldn't complain... but mera character e aisa hai...always finding faults with everything! Cant complain about Hasina Bi... her + diarrhoea = best combination for slap stick ( how did they read my shallow, crass mind?)

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-02, 04:45

Sab,I tried lookingfor videos of Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon with Eng subtitles and could not find any. So I guess I am at a loss :(.

perfumeheaven
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2326
Join date : 2013-05-08
Location : Trinidad and Tobago

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-06-02, 07:18

perfumeheaven wrote:Sab,I tried lookingfor videos of Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon with Eng subtitles and could not find any. So I guess I am at a loss :(.

Oh I am so sorry... Don't you understand Hindi at all? I understand enough to get the gist... I just dont get nuances... So you watch QH with subtitles? I'll ask around to see if anyone knows links to watch with English subtitles. You are indeed missing out on a great serial.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-02, 15:43

thanks love

perfumeheaven
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2326
Join date : 2013-05-08
Location : Trinidad and Tobago

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by tweety on 2013-06-03, 12:13

so very true!! agree with every word said Sabi!! wonderful post.

tweety
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 808
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by clarissasham on 2013-06-03, 15:47

Shesherkobita wrote:
perfumeheaven wrote:Saby, this is so special to me cheers

You are right and were very concise on your POV. Before cable was introduced in the Caribbean, the only serials that were introduced to local television stations were the Hollywood's "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful".

When I was a kid I used to look at them, because they appeared interesting at the time.I do not know how many of you have ever seen these soaps, but they seemed to be living in a small world. Very few new characters were added to these soaps. So you know what? Father and Son would fall in love with the same woman,taking turns in wooing her and marrying her. She would then have a child for each of them. Brothers would fall in love with the same woman (Which is what we are accustom to) ,Best friends would fall in love with the same woman (we are used to this one too).

These shows portrayed immorality,endless sexual content,betrayal,secrets revealed that even the audience would be taken by surprise. However, there were very few glitches like Indian serials. I have stopped looking at soaps for more than 20 years, because it was too much and it was nothing I could relate to nor want to be a part of. I used to "boast" to people and tell them that I do not look at soaps.

Then cable came to the Caribbean, at that time Zee tv used to show serials without Eng subtitles, so I never took interest. Qubool Hai is my first Indian serial, I was bored one Saturday afternoon and I switched the station and the show started. The first few episodes were after the first "Mahasangham" episodes with Punar Vivah. I liked what I saw, but wasn't hooked yet. So I used to dedicate my Saturdays only to QH. Until I could not wait, during the week so I used to wake to watch the 11:00 pm. I was truly hooked when I saw the first 50 episodes,I still revisit them...sigh!

I am hooked because I am so much like Zoya. I wear Kurtis all the time, even in my work place, I am outspoken especially to men all the time. When I met my husband it was nok jok for a month, we started talking after that, went out (not alone) after a year etc., married after 5 years, I have no Umi (lost her 3 years ago). The differences between Zoya and myself are our physical features (I am tall) and If any man treats me like Asad does he would have sure gotten a piece of my mind,even if I love him.

I do enjoy Asya alot, especially their sizzling scenes and their nok joks, I always skip Ayan's household scenes unless Badi Bhi is up to so hilarious scheme against Razia. I did look fwd to Zoya's meeting with her dad which did not happen.....Phooweey! At least not yet! I do hate the slapping scenes.

I adore my new friends on the forum, thanks to Pallu whom I "met" first and invited me. Thanks for welcoming me into a different setting in my life to share common things with people I do not know yet strongly connected.

I do not think the other serials have interested me at all, I tried "Sapne Suhane Ladhpan ke"," Punar Vivah","Kasamh Se","Pavitra Rishta","House Wife" etc. So it has to be some secret ingredient with QH. So I am agreeing here with you,Sab, I am a zombie of QH Broken Heart

Zainab... this was all for you... :heart:
Sorry to hear about your mom... Nok jok..date..5 years... Twisted Evil sounds like a wonderful love story in itself Heart

Western soaps may have less loose ends but they are way more outrageous than Hindi serials. When I was pregnant ( I had a high risk pregnancy) I would wait at the Doc's office watching a serial called Passion... everyone on that serial was a Witch, they brewed magic potion inside the house I'd prefer QH over those any day!

I was very sick and couldn't sleep at night, a friend suggested I watch Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND)... i watched 300 episodes in 2 weeks. I recommend you watch it.. it's by the same production house (4 Lions)... if you dont fall in love with the male lead ( irrespective of his arrogant, rude behavior) I will change my name from Shesherkobita to Sabrina :P ... The show ended last Nov 2012.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tum meri jaan ho

do invite more to become zombies of IPk

Look at me Zai if you need another zombie

But thanks God

Im not that addicted to QH

Cause I search for Anrav in every hero and khushi in every heroine

For me they were beginning and the end

So im happy here

Zai samjho ki im mad

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2226
Join date : 2013-02-09
Age : 34
Location : india

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by clarissasham on 2013-06-03, 15:50

Shesherkobita wrote:
pollyanna wrote:One word: Zombie....defined us all....... Thumbsup Fell in love with the post Sabi :)

Agree 100% with the status of the Hindi serials on air now......but honestly speaking, I would like to confess (unlike some Mr. Khan who just cant complete a sentence beyond wo..actually) had it not for the serial ki duniya(serial world), I would not have known:

1.how an entertainment forum works or what is a forum in the first place.

2. Indian shows are watched by ppl outside India and they do talk about it and most importantly made friends with them, learn about their POV,cultures etc.

3.the "behind the scenes" happenings of the shows like SBB/SBS and the other media channels which goes on. This has given me a new perspective to look at the cast and crew of any show. Now I am interested to know more about them apart from the 20 minutes I spend with them on the screen.

4.Believe me, at least with me, when I debate on a topic in my real life with my friends and colleagues, I have a holistic approach and come out with something different just because I had got an idea from discussing in the forum/with friends here or the show

So yeah...we are all zombies......lots of ppl from my circle of friends/acquaintances find it very surprising that I spend so much time n energy here,but I do not regret a BIT.

I love u guys and even though QH is going so slow / predictable but I want to come here again and again after each crappy episode...just to read what Sabi,Zainab,Sarra,Shanthi,Sowme,Sathu,Sharmi,Shami,Anu etc have to say about the events which happened in the penultimate episode :)

Thats truly "Zombistic " bounce


What a wonderful post Pals... what would we do without you? we dont even speak Hindi & you patiently explain everything. hug1 I was just being sarcastic... QH is way better than all the sas bahu shows... I haven't enjoyed another show as much since IPK ended. So shouldn't complain... but mera character e aisa hai...always finding faults with everything! Cant complain about Hasina Bi... her + diarrhoea = best combination for slap stick ( how did they read my shallow, crass mind?)
Excellent POV pals I do agree 100 %

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2226
Join date : 2013-02-09
Age : 34
Location : india

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by tweety on 2013-06-03, 15:59

pollyanna wrote:One word: Zombie....defined us all....... Fell in love with the post Sabi :)

Agree 100% with the status of the Hindi serials on air now......but honestly speaking, I would like to confess (unlike some Mr. Khan who just cant complete a sentence beyond wo..actually) had it not for the serial ki duniya(serial world), I would not have known:

1.how an entertainment forum works or what is a forum in the first place.

2. Indian shows are watched by ppl outside India and they do talk about it and most importantly made friends with them, learn about their POV,cultures etc.

3.the "behind the scenes" happenings of the shows like SBB/SBS and the other media channels which goes on. This has given me a new perspective to look at the cast and crew of any show. Now I am interested to know more about them apart from the 20 minutes I spend with them on the screen.

4.Believe me, at least with me, when I debate on a topic in my real life with my friends and colleagues, I have a holistic approach and come out with something different just because I had got an idea from discussing in the forum/with friends here or the show

So yeah...we are all zombies......lots of ppl from my circle of friends/acquaintances find it very surprising that I spend so much time n energy here,but I do not regret a BIT.

I love u guys and even though QH is going so slow / predictable but I want to come here again and again after each crappy episode...just to read what Sabi,Zainab,Sarra,Shanthi,Sowme,Sathu,Sharmi,Shami,Anu etc have to say about the events which happened in the penultimate episode :)

Thats truly "Zombistic " bounce


hmm!! very true, i agree with everything u said here pallo

tweety
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 808
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-03, 16:08

Hellos my fellow Zombies..... long hug ....meeting u all after a long time...... had a busy weekend...so did not come online for long....Miss You

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-03, 16:11

clarissasham wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
perfumeheaven wrote:Saby, this is so special to me cheers

You are right and were very concise on your POV. Before cable was introduced in the Caribbean, the only serials that were introduced to local television stations were the Hollywood's "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful".

When I was a kid I used to look at them, because they appeared interesting at the time.I do not know how many of you have ever seen these soaps, but they seemed to be living in a small world. Very few new characters were added to these soaps. So you know what? Father and Son would fall in love with the same woman,taking turns in wooing her and marrying her. She would then have a child for each of them. Brothers would fall in love with the same woman (Which is what we are accustom to) ,Best friends would fall in love with the same woman (we are used to this one too).

These shows portrayed immorality,endless sexual content,betrayal,secrets revealed that even the audience would be taken by surprise. However, there were very few glitches like Indian serials. I have stopped looking at soaps for more than 20 years, because it was too much and it was nothing I could relate to nor want to be a part of. I used to "boast" to people and tell them that I do not look at soaps.

Then cable came to the Caribbean, at that time Zee tv used to show serials without Eng subtitles, so I never took interest. Qubool Hai is my first Indian serial, I was bored one Saturday afternoon and I switched the station and the show started. The first few episodes were after the first "Mahasangham" episodes with Punar Vivah. I liked what I saw, but wasn't hooked yet. So I used to dedicate my Saturdays only to QH. Until I could not wait, during the week so I used to wake to watch the 11:00 pm. I was truly hooked when I saw the first 50 episodes,I still revisit them...sigh!

I am hooked because I am so much like Zoya. I wear Kurtis all the time, even in my work place, I am outspoken especially to men all the time. When I met my husband it was nok jok for a month, we started talking after that, went out (not alone) after a year etc., married after 5 years, I have no Umi (lost her 3 years ago). The differences between Zoya and myself are our physical features (I am tall) and If any man treats me like Asad does he would have sure gotten a piece of my mind,even if I love him.

I do enjoy Asya alot, especially their sizzling scenes and their nok joks, I always skip Ayan's household scenes unless Badi Bhi is up to so hilarious scheme against Razia. I did look fwd to Zoya's meeting with her dad which did not happen.....Phooweey! At least not yet! I do hate the slapping scenes.

I adore my new friends on the forum, thanks to Pallu whom I "met" first and invited me. Thanks for welcoming me into a different setting in my life to share common things with people I do not know yet strongly connected.

I do not think the other serials have interested me at all, I tried "Sapne Suhane Ladhpan ke"," Punar Vivah","Kasamh Se","Pavitra Rishta","House Wife" etc. So it has to be some secret ingredient with QH. So I am agreeing here with you,Sab, I am a zombie of QH Broken Heart

Zainab... this was all for you... :heart:
Sorry to hear about your mom... Nok jok..date..5 years... Twisted Evil sounds like a wonderful love story in itself Heart

Western soaps may have less loose ends but they are way more outrageous than Hindi serials. When I was pregnant ( I had a high risk pregnancy) I would wait at the Doc's office watching a serial called Passion... everyone on that serial was a Witch, they brewed magic potion inside the house I'd prefer QH over those any day!

I was very sick and couldn't sleep at night, a friend suggested I watch Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND)... i watched 300 episodes in 2 weeks. I recommend you watch it.. it's by the same production house (4 Lions)... if you dont fall in love with the male lead ( irrespective of his arrogant, rude behavior) I will change my name from Shesherkobita to Sabrina :P ... The show ended last Nov 2012.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tum meri jaan ho

do invite more to become zombies of IPk

Look at me Zai if you need another zombie

But thanks God

Im not that addicted to QH

Cause I search for Anrav in every hero and khushi in every heroine

For me they were beginning and the end

So im happy here

Zai samjho ki im mad


lols I read you honey :)

perfumeheaven
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2326
Join date : 2013-05-08
Location : Trinidad and Tobago

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombies of the Serial World

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:35


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum