Latest topics

Zoya and Asad Fight over a mini skirt she wears-SBBS, they fight over the wedding planner too

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zoya and Asad Fight over a mini skirt she wears-SBBS, they fight over the wedding planner too

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-03, 03:33

Shesherkobita wrote:Zainab wrote:
Muslims are quite easily judged. We are portrayed as violent,suicidal,greedy and blood-thirsty human traffickers and terrorists. We are concerned how we portrayed by the media. I have had my share with society even though people knew better. However I have always had respect.

Thank you for bringing this up... no one feels the brunt as much as i do.. I am a muslim in USA... the hatred is palpable... This stereotype is not going to change till the terroristic plots stop. Every religion has their fringe radical groups... but the Muslim ones are more visible and aggressive. The middle eastern countries which are the flag bearers of muslim world... have completely failed us. They never united to stop this terrorism. The Shekhs and Kings are busy saving their own skin.

Its sad to see a religion that was so progressive for women's right , education, financial freedom... has turned into a Joke religion...Media is just lapping up what's popular... Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia... and those countries are supposed to be leaders of the muslim world scratch

Sorry Zainab for venting... it breaks my heart to see the most liberal religion (lakum deenukum walia deen) in the world take a regressive, self destructive path while the shekhs and Ameers enjoy their vacation in French Riviera. As a muslim I feel I need to point a finger to myself ( my deficiencies) before expecting others to understand us. I love you for tolerating my rant!

End of the day, people are all the same... whether it's Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Jew, Buddhist... we just want to live a normal simple life. But when power is given to some, its given for a reason...they need to execute judiciously...because we ( the laymen) are bearing the consequences of their blase nonchalant attitude.

It is not rant saby, I am sure our topics of convo have been well read and have been informative. Thanks for sharing your views, thank you Tants for your views also, thanks to all of you who read these comments. It is nice to know we can discuss this without animosity, as time progresses I am sure we are going to have many more of this. I am glad that we are tolerant of each other's faiths and have evolved from an era of ignorance and hatred to a more common and loving ground...love you all *muah*

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Re: Zoya and Asad Fight over a mini skirt she wears-SBBS, they fight over the wedding planner too

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-03, 03:37

Shesherkobita wrote:
perfumeheaven wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:Hay ... what an interesting convo...

I think Muslim women and their clothing vary a lot depending on personal preferences. If you are Orthodox then you cover, if you are not.. then you dress according to your choice.

Since men are exposed to scantily clothed women a lot ( internet, western influence and what not).. they are used to seeing less clothes on women. A really really short skirt is frowned upon by all ( not just Muslims). Schools put out dress codes ( like skirts needs to be knee length)...

I wear shorts is summer (knee length) and I am muslim. ( I am not pretty or attractive, so I am sure no one is lusting after me :lol!: )

no hard feelings to both Zai and Tant.. just saying there are all kind of variation and preferences within the muslim world.

I agree with that, Sabi .. Clothing depends on personal preference , weather and the culture/Politics of that region.. Turkey bans the wearing of Hijab , in Egypt ..Hijab was lifted off in 1920 due to a daring act of one woman which had a cascading effect leading to complete disappearance of Hijab until the 50's or 70's ..when Hijab again made an appearance ...Throughout all this flux,Islam remained the same while People altered their behavior to suit themselves ... So one might say clothing depends on one's preference and if Zoya who is unmarried , single *acc to her in a sham engagement* chooses to wear what she wants, I do not see how that Matters to Akhdoo Khan !!

Regarding clothing : Interestingly I have also seen the opposite .. women are all covered when they are single and once married they are dressing less conservatively because they are now TAKEN... out of bounds for other men... not covering head or wearing skirts while hanging onto hubby's arm (quite cute)!

Haq: I have an issue with right after marriage.. it's just me though.. I dont like people choosing things for me... whether its clothing, food, friends whatever... I have a bug in my head that starts biting if anyone tells me what to wear, even if they tell me lovingly... I have never been an ideal wife ( cook, clean, entertain guests.. nothing)... I am very lucky to be so FREE in my marriage ( Mashallah) :)

Sab, MashaaAllah, May Allah continue to bless your marriage love. Alhamdullilah ( All praises are for Allah- A phrase yet to be used in the show) I have no complaints. I was fully covered when I met my husband, he admired the elegance, sophistication and decency. Every decision I have taken which includes dress code, food, clothing,friends were not taken to satisfy me (alone).I have considered his feelings, opinions and tastes. The final decision was up to me, but I did that with the both of us in mind and vice versa. I do not mind if someone advise me about certain aspects in life because I do not have all the answers.Show me the logic and if it makes sense, I will put it into practice. My husband and I discuss everything and anything.We compromise, not each time we will agree, but a common ground is achieved. Most of time he gives into me Wink. I cook, he cleans the house and washes my clothes. I buy groceries he looks after the other bills etc. Some normalcy is always achieved when you make decisions based on "us" rather than "me. Some advise for you single and newly married ladies

Good for you... I am not as sophisticated or matured... I am more of a hippie flower
My inlaws were disappointed in me for sure... but I was always there for them when they needed me... once they realized I was a fool (no interest in money, property, jewelry) and always looked for THEIR best interest... everything changed ( i was left alone regarding clothes, faith, food, personal preferences...everything)... I am the most trusted person in that family even though I am a certified nutcase :lol!:

The only thing that is important for a woman I think is Education. That's the ticket to freedom... you automatically earn respect, you can look selfless ( once you earn your own money, you can afford to give away too) and you learn to settle issues in a logical way!

@ bold : nothing a sexier than a man cleaning and taking care of household chores for his wifey! you are indeed lucky.

Yes dear I do enjoy watching him wash my clothes and the cutlery. By the way he plays music from "jab thak hai jaan" when he is doing the chores. Geez I am sure if he realises I am telling you all about this ...the man will blush :* emb*: ...lols

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-06-03, 04:05

I saw the segment and was not happy that they showed her wearing a mini skirt and that to not just in front of females but Asad, she while not following society blindly has been shown.. but has it been shown as the kind that wears mini skirts in America? While I cover up a lot I do however have friends who do year short dresses and tops, there r Muslims who dress like that, that doesn't surprise me, it is personal choice.

Last edited by sarra0 on 2013-06-03, 04:08; edited 1 time in total

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-03, 04:08

Share your views sarra :)

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-06-03, 04:16

perfumeheaven wrote:Share your views sarra :)

Its funny i am trying to put my finger on why I did not like it and can't pin it down, does it fit the character is separate and have they done it to just create some more friction, and even though i have friends who wear short clothes y did I not like it wen they showed it, was it because it's on tv and that's perception, but even wen u look at fashion now times r changing, i myself don't cover my head, that's my choice, but fashion is moving away from wat is decreed as appropriate wear and people make choices to wear them.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-03, 12:49

I have added the Dailmotion video for those of you who cannot view the You tube videos

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Beekay on 2013-06-03, 13:38

Everybody is busy arguing about that fact Zoya wore a mini skirt. This was disgrace to the Muslims, right? I do not want bring in religion here. I think it was of bad taste do so now during this stage of the episode... Secondly, the skirt had a slit... you normally don't wear a mini so short with a slit. Gosh, you won't even be able to sit down. If one wears a mini like that, then it should be accompanied with shorts or sheer stockings...
Zoya still has no idea that Asad loves her and that this marriage is for real. She still thinks that the marriage. If you watch episode 16 or 17, she shares with Najma that when she falls in love, she will change for that person.
Zoya loves Asad but she still does not know about it. Asad is not helping with the situation by the open displays of affection with Tanveer. Zoya is expecting the marriage to be stopped anytime. So she does not feel that she has to change.
There are two reasons why the writers could have been introduced this:-
[1] to prove to Asad that clothes do make a person but character does. Outwardly appearance is not as important as the inner. So when he discovers about Tanveer, Zoya in her mini-skirt would be the flashback... He would realize Tanveer may have appeared a goody-goody but inside she was evil and Zoya may have appeared to have no morals by the way of her clothing but she had a heart of gold.
[2] they are probably starting the track of separation.
Again, folks lets not talk religion here... but was it of good taste or not...
What do you think?

Beekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Beekay on 2013-06-03, 13:46

Hey maybe there is a third reason
[3] Increase TRP. I'm sure the writers are playing on the curiosity factor of the viewers. At least they are hoping it will increase. Maybe they wont show it finally.
Remember the roll... It was finally cut off..(glad they did so...it was so unrealistic...nobody rolls on a flat ground, maybe one roll that's it).

Beekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-03, 13:54

Beekay wrote:Everybody is busy arguing about that fact Zoya wore a mini skirt. This was disgrace to the Muslims, right? I do not want bring in religion here. I think it was of bad taste do so now during this stage of the episode... Secondly, the skirt had a slit... you normally don't wear a mini so short with a slit. Gosh, you won't even be able to sit down. If one wears a mini like that, then it should be accompanied with shorts or sheer stockings...
Zoya still has no idea that Asad loves her and that this marriage is for real. She still thinks that the marriage. If you watch episode 16 or 17, she shares with Najma that when she falls in love, she will change for that person.
Zoya loves Asad but she still does not know about it. Asad is not helping with the situation by the open displays of affection with Tanveer. Zoya is expecting the marriage to be stopped anytime. So she does not feel that she has to change.
There are two reasons why the writers could have been introduced this:-
[1] to prove to Asad that clothes do make a person but character does. Outwardly appearance is not as important as the inner. So when he discovers about Tanveer, Zoya in her mini-skirt would be the flashback... He would realize Tanveer may have appeared a goody-goody but inside she was evil and Zoya may have appeared to have no morals by the way of her clothing but she had a heart of gold.
[2] they are probably starting the track of separation.
Again, folks lets not talk religion here... but was it of good taste or not...
What do you think?

Hi Beekay,

As I still have not watched the spoilers, I am not sure whether she was wearing a skirt with/without slit or was she in romper's .. To me, She has all rights to wear what she wants in the privacy of house and esp when there is only women contingent around * I am given to understand that Asad barges in suddenly*

Totally agree with your points..To me it appears to be for teaching Asad a lesson on judgment .. and ohh !!! Boy..Sep is on the Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !! :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-03, 13:56

Beekay wrote:Hey maybe there is a third reason
[3] Increase TRP. I'm sure the writers are playing on the curiosity factor of the viewers. At least they are hoping it will increase. Maybe they wont show it finally.
Remember the roll... It was finally cut off..(glad they did so...it was so unrealistic...nobody rolls on a flat ground, maybe one roll that's it).

No, The Skirt will be there, It has to be there as part of Asad's learning curve , They may be forced edit only if there are many calls for them to cut it but going by the tenor of the scene description, the scene will be there..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Beekay on 2013-06-03, 14:26

Actually Tanthya, it worse :)
According to E24, Maulvi sab comes and Zoya roams in Asads house in that mini skirt. Asad and Maulvi sab were sitting together and talking when Zoya madam comes there lands up. Dilshad and Najma are shocked they try to save Zoya by standing in front of her. Najma gives her a scarf to put on Zoya's head. Asad calls Zoya but she says she will come after some time so Asad gets up to check why Zoya is hiding behind Dilshad and Najma. He is shocked when he founds out why. Then all of them try to hide Zoya from maulvi sabs eyes.
Poor Zoya... Trust her luck...

Beekay

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-06-03, 15:30

Muslim women dress code and shami is not three very bad

Read all opinions and I agree and disagree both

Im a Muslim woman

I cover my head , I wear ,salwar kameez with head gear, which hsows only my face and hands

But not veil which covers face

But one more imp thing

im not conservative

Im modern in my thought and actions

Im educated, I free to do what all I wanted except watching shows :lol!:

One more thing I wear such dresses only outside inside my home I wear hum ahem yeah I do wear something . :lol!:
So I do agree that Muslim women have certain dress code as set by The God

I im following as a believer

But Allah has clearly stated there is no compulsion for anything in Islam

So those who want to wear it can have it and those who doesn’t want can wear what all they want

In Islam there is set guidelines and rules for anything

One can follow it and deny, purely their choice

But I will not believe that all those who wear hijab are conservative

u can read me what all I think what all I say and whether asingle time have any one felt me like a conservative but im more open here and my character is same in real too

So its based on a persons choice, believes, his or her comforts ect.

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-06-03, 15:36

Muslims are quite easily judged. We are portrayed as violent,suicidal,greedy and blood-thirsty human traffickers and terrorists. We are concerned how we portrayed by the media. I have had my share with society even though people knew better. However I have always had respect.

Thank you for bringing this up... no one feels the brunt as much as i do.. I am a muslim in USA... the hatred is palpable... This stereotype is not going to change till the terroristic plots stop. Every religion has their fringe radical groups... but the Muslim ones are more visible and aggressive. The middle eastern countries which are the flag bearers of muslim world... have completely failed us. They never united to stop this terrorism. The Shekhs and Kings are busy saving their own skin.

Its sad to see a religion that was so progressive for women's right , education, financial freedom... has turned into a Joke religion...Media is just lapping up what's popular... Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia... and those countries are supposed to be leaders of the muslim world scratch

Sorry Zainab for venting... it breaks my heart to see the most liberal religion (lakum deenukum walia deen) in the world take a regressive, self destructive path while the shekhs and Ameers enjoy their vacation in French Riviera. As a muslim I feel I need to point a finger to myself ( my deficiencies) before expecting others to understand us. I love you for tolerating my rant!

End of the day, people are all the same... whether it's Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Jew, Buddhist... we just want to live a normal simple life. But when power is given to some, its given for a reason...they need to execute judiciously...because we ( the laymen) are bearing the consequences of their blase nonchalant attitude.
fanb meri jaan loved what all you said as its the plane truth . cheers

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-06-03, 15:41

Sabi and Zainab both u got life like u guys wanted and me too. Cheers . if we are happy them that is what it matters

Zai thu kuch zyada lucky ho cause hubby washes your clothes

My hubby does too but only when im ill.

Yeah but here we are equals. Except watching serials

He says he doesn’t want to allow me to get spoiled :lol!:

We earn together, and spent together

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-03, 16:08

clarissasham wrote:

fanb meri jaan loved what all you said as its the plane truth . cheers

Thanks sweety, I honestly think it is the Muslims sisters would see the our POV where the mini skirt was offensive for a Muslim girl to wear in a stranger's house.

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-03, 16:36

Hello everyone long hug Am so sad...I missed this discussion.......but had a lovely time reading all the inputs....... party4 bounce

Me thinks.....the situation at Asad's house is very precariously balanced as of now...hence the writers are putting in plots which will topple the apple cart and see if Zoya-Asad are meant for each other or not.

Zoya in mini skirt is quite unbelievable as far as Asad is concerned. It will stop and make him re think about his decision...same with Zoya too......and guess...this should be done....so that the road to SEPARATION though painful ...will have a logical ring attached to it

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-03, 16:38

Missed you over the weekend pallu, I guess the break up is inevitable

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:54

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum